Stayed one week starting 11november 2012. Before I went, I read all the reviews so I am going to give my opinions on other travelers issues. First of all, even if the resort is rated as a 5 star, I
don't anybody paid 5 star rates to stay here. A lot of people complained about the language problem but we don't speak a word of Spanish but we had no problem conversing with any hotel
employee and found many with better English skills than the average citizen of an English speaking country. I'm not sure exactly what peoples complaints are about the food which I found to be fantastic except for the world's worst coffee which I found puzzling considering the reps are trying to sell tours to plantations. The one real issue I did have was the fact that there is no ban on smoking which combined with the constant hot and very humid weather conditions gives of a musty type of odor in the hotel rooms. I did not see a single bug as
the hotel was kept immaculately clean which is incredible considering the jungle like conditions
just outside the resort. Overall had an absolutely fantastic time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana