We visited for a quick trip post Thanksgiving. Overall it was a really nice resort. Location was good, rooms were clean, spacious and well kept. There we're plenty of bars and you never had to wait for a drink. The beach was good and plenty of chairs were available. The bar staff was all very pleasant and helpful. There was some construction noise in the mornings and the doors to the rooms are not the most sound proof. We didn't have a view of anything at all other than some construction next to the resort, but our room was quite close to the loby area which wasn't too bad. If you want a nice view you can just go park it on the beach.
The largest drawback to the resort was the food. This was my first time at an all inclusive and I figured the food to be on par with that of a cruise ship. This was not. It was average at best and sub-par to quite poor on different occasions. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant, the main buffet and the steakhouse. The Brazilian was average, some parts were really good some were overcooked. The buffet has a strange mix of food, depending on what was chosen it could go either way from great to eh. However, the steakhouse was straight up bad. I ordered the rib-eye figuring there's no way to ruin a good steak. The problem was that the steak was way to thinly cut to begin with so a proper cooking was impossible from the beginning. Another family member ordered the surf & turf. The beef tenderloin was overcooked, but the lobster was simply gross looking. The meat was gray and appeared slimy, another family member's was undercooked. It was shocking that someone looked at it and thought that is was fit to serve. The restaurant staff did appear to be far less personable and not as helpful as all of the bar staff.
Over all it was a great trip and I would recommend, but the food was just simply disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TIG Global, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.