We arrived at this hotel on th 5th of November for 2 weeks. on arrival here the hotel was very impressive. We were allocated room 0105, lovely view over the the 3 fountains in front, set out beautifully inside for my birthday. Reception on arrival were courteous and welcoming and remained like this throughout our stay. The house keeping is excellent our room was immaculate after each clean and the towel creations were unbelievable. We visited all the Al a carte restaurants except the crystal and the food in all was of good quality but we felt let down in each restaurant as there wasnt any ambiance, a simple CD playing with themed music would be sufficent. The pool area is nice, although is in need of maintenance and appears to require an on duty manager around this area at all times to control the food on plates smoking and drinking which on some days was totally out of hand with drunken people in the pool just taking over this making everyone elses day uncomfortable and the pool filthy and contaminated. The waiters around the pool worked very well with Victor being exceptiional. We found the food in general good, this often was let down by chefs not taking note of food trays which were empty. Drinks at the cocktail bar were excellent and were served to a consitently good standard.
The staff generally worked well always smiling and attentative however sometimes a tip made them work in an incorrect manner for example if you were being served in a queue and another person came up tapping his glass with money in his hand he would be served immediately, this happened on several occasions at the pool bar.
The gardens are looked after very well and the men working there were always very polite and enjoyed local bantaner.
We enjoyed this hotel very much and Riu in general. The hotels positioning to the beach is perfect.
We noted on other reviews that people have commented about the staff not speaking English only Spanish, we didnt find this a problem and all the staff were highly delighted teaching you their language.
The entertainment in house worked very hard and were always friendly and polite even if you werent joining in. The evening entertainment should not be lead by the in house animation team giving the same people their certificates every night. a high percentage of the allocated night entertainment was taken up by this. the remainder being of 3* quality.
This is our opinion go with an open mind and have a fantastic holiday, we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana