We arrived on 24th April, we had a private taxi from the airport which was lovley the airport was a wonderful thatched laid back place with smiling customs officials!!
we arrived at the hotel about 4 p.m and checked in without any problems the bell boy took our suitcases to our room!
we unpacked and went off to discover whether the hotel was as good as it looked in the brochure, it was and the beach was wonderful!
we went to dinner in the main buffet restaurant and the food was realy good! the staff were very attentative and we had champagne (cava) with all our meals!
The entertainment was a little holiday campish and the entertainment staff danced with hotel guest during the evenings outside which was a nice touch, the head waiters that took youre drinks orders were very good and you didnt have to wait very long for a drink they would even go upstairs to the cocktail bar and get whatever u wanted.
The one big problem with the place is the majority of Americans who were so loud and rude they think if they chuck there money around they can do what they wanted not caring whether they spoilt other guest's peace and quite!!
They would tip for anything we being British tip good service not just to get served this became apparent towards the end of our holiday and the last two nights of our holiday the staff werent interested and last night we had to wait half an hour for a drink in the plaza!! we did complain they just dont get the Brits we tip on the last night and a dam sight more than a dollar (there loss).
I must say the management were very pleasant and not only to the guests but to the staff too!
the swiming pool was dirty most days and we used the sea it was not down to the staff but the fault of drunken Americans that wouldnt get out of the pool allowing them enough time to clean
The housekeeping staff were very good nothing went missing from our room and the room,towels,sheets were all spotless wel done!! dont leave a tip for the house maid give it to her i her had as the chap who restocks the fridge will take it first!
AL A CARTE RESTAURANTS: Brazzilain not good, Italian the waiter was so rude we never went back he attitude was disgraceful we did complain to his supervisor but she wasnt bothered either!! food was mediocre at best!
Krystal: went three time same menu third time found a long black hair in my tagliatelle yuk!
overall the food was good but the reason the Americans say the food was rubbish is the fact that there idea of fine dining is kfc or Macdonalds.
The drinky drinky! staff on the beach were brilliant working hard to keep all the guests hydrated, the hotel shops are realy expensive if you go on the beach and turn right keep walking you will see some shacks in the distance on the beach, these are local shops and things are so much cheaper if you are prepared to haggle!
we would reccomend this hotel to anyone the only one real problem is the air conditioning the rooms get realy damp and smelly.(did have a couple od cockroaches but the management had the room fumigated).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana