“Some photographs of the new Riu Palace Bavaro Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Some photographs of the new Riu Palace Bavaro Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I returned yesterday from an excellent two week holiday at the Riu Palace Punta Cana. I will review our holiday in a later report. Some contributors to this site have requested information as to the state of readiness of the new Hotel. I will attempt to "Up" some photographs to show how construction is progressing. I will make no comment as to when I think that the works will be completed other than to say that there are still lots of works to complete. The Riu staff I asked about a likely completion date all maintained that the new Hotel will be opening on 2nd December 2011.

Room Tip: Join the "Riu Class" loyalty card scheme.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Polish first
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed there for my honeymoon and its even better than what i thought. Everything was amazing from the suite to the drinks. The room was fabulose and the staff is fenomenal. They help you in every way and are very kind, I even had a problem with one of my tours (which i booked with another company) and the lady from reception spent all day calling to fix it on my behalf. The food and drinks are out of this world good, its eat and drink all day!!! The entertainment is really really good and you cant miss a night or day of it! And the hotel its self is beautiful :) overall its the best place ive ever visited and ive already booked my return for next year!!!! :)

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite with pool and sea views so if you choose any room with pool view it would be g...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
united kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Due to a flight delay we spent two days and nights at riu palace but were very dissapointed after seeing it in the brochure always thinking it looked nice but was a bit exspensive. The lobby looks amazing and nice looking bars and buffet resturant. The rooms vere very average very damp i know its the humidity there but this was a bit too much. Not very clean and worn bedding a nd settee. The food choice in buffet was not too bad but not as good as used to. We did not use the theme resturants so can not comment.
The staff were not friendly and jolly but that could be due to the rude and ignorant clients there at the time.Geeting served at lobby bar was a ordeal as people shoved and blocked you out. THe sports bar was a let better good staff and friendlier so kept going there.
The pool area was very crowded with row upon row of beds not nice you were ontop of eachother no personnel space. the beach was very nice a better place to be.
The photos of this hotel look very nice but its all just posh frontage that is not what makes a good holiday.
THe holiday makers here were largly to blame for the short comings but staff and clean linnen in rooms and resturants should be better

Room Tip: This is just another large international
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is nice and very classy... But the rooms... 1st of all nothing in that room dries.. Everything is moist and smells like a must. The beds are wet... Pillows smell .. Couches are stained and stink and we had to cover them up with towels. Mirrors are always foggy , matter what and the floors were ALWAYS wet. Still a mystery to me.

• Stayed September 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We recently traveled to the RIU Palace, Punta Cana and will not be going back. When I read other reviews I thought that I would go in with an open mind. Big mistake. There really are no words to truly describe the rooms, but I will do my best.

Horrible. The smell is beyond words. Our sheets felt wet at all times, the smell of mold is in everything because there IS mold on everything. The curtains, the sofa, the walls, even the lamp shades. We had zero desire to spend ANY time in the room. I would have slept on the beach (if it were safe!) Believe all of the reviews and go somewhere else, anywhere else.

As for the rest, if you can overlook the rooms:

Food: Bland. The same buffets for breakfast and lunch every day, no variety. Even the fruit is bland. Not sure how they manage that one. My stomach was upset the entire time, took 48 hours of being home before it was back to normal.

Drinks: Good. No complaints

Pool: Nice, a bit small and never able to get a chair close to the pool.

Beach: Beautiful

Save your money, go somewhere else or just stay home. This place is not worth it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I have stayed here on two different vacations and found it to be a very good to relax and enjoy the tranquility. Having a business where I work 7 days a week for seven months straight, I need a place to be able to unwind and relax in the shade. This Riu hotel certainly provided it.

Some of the accomadations may seem somewhat older,but the rooms and other facilities are kept in immaculate condition. The pools are great and there is plenty of activity if that is what you are looking for. The cove that the hotel is located on has usually calm water and there were paddel boats and kayaks to use for water sports.

The resturants and buffet served a nice variety of food and while they are not 5 star eateries, they certainly had an adequit selection to dine on.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I arrived at Rui Palace on September 4.

Ride from Airport:

We took a taxi from Punta Cana Airport to the resort, company of the guys with the Pink Shirts
$40 and the driver was very pleasant

We arrived at the resort to our surprise we waited 5 minutes until we received the key to our room and the lock and key for the safe.

As we entered the room, we found super dirty shirts, a half drank drink, soap out of its plastic wrapping and wet and dirty towels. We returned to the Check in Desk, a manager was available and seem willing to solve our issue. We were changed to another room. At least the room had view to the water fountains and not the back yard was construction was taking place.

The first night we left our room to dinner when we returned, he realized that someone had been in our room and even moved put sheets. After that, I became a bit paranoid because Room service does not work at 9pm. After that day, we put the sign in the door for NO room service for the next 2 days we were there. The best restaurant is the Bodega Brazilian Restaurant 5 Stars. Service from waiters in the Plaza is outstanding. Food in the Buffet gets very tiring as not much of option, same thing every day breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Entertainment is bit lame.
Had to wait for more than an hour for towels.
Beach is very nice, pool nice, but small gets very crowded
The key to our safe got stuck and they had to drill and break our safe open. Front desk was giving me a hard time to get a new lock and key. It's 2011 who uses keys for rooms and safe. This resort is only about 4 years old and it is very outdated.

Smell in the room was very bad and we had a leak going down the wall.
We will not be returning to this resort,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana? Share your experiences!