“Cloud 9” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel

You added Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvero Alto Road | Playa Sivory, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #51 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Beaverton, Oregon
“Cloud 9”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I honeymooned at the Sivory Boutique Hotel from May 2-May 9, 2015. We had read glowing reviews as well as a few that were not as positive. The positive reviews far-outweighed the negative ones but there was still some apprehension prior to our arrival. From start to finish the resort outdid itself. Upon arrival we were greeted with chilled towels and sparkling wine. We were given a tour of the resort and from there left to experience heaven. The concierges were very attentive. Both Victor and Alex took care of any need we had. The 3 on-site restaurants were extremely good; n both food quality and service. The 2 bars were unique and enjoyable. The spa was outstanding. We got 2 treatments that were very relaxing and rejuvenating. We got a cooking lesson in one of the restaurants. Gregori was the chef and he walked us through the preparation and cooking of our lunch one day. We got a couples massage lesson one morning from Elizabeth. Both these activities were very pleasurable. The experience was an overwhelming delight. The resort was beautiful and comfortable. The biggest positive was the service. Every staff member tried their best to give exemplary service and they all succeeded. The resort is small; there are only 55 rooms. It was the perfect place for a couple just wanting to be with each other. I have concluded that the negative reviews we read were likely people that wanted a resort with a ‘Club Med’ feel; one with many activities and excursions provided. If that’s what you’re looking for then the Sivory is not the place for you. But if you seek a relaxing vacation at a luxurious resort with outstanding food and better service then book a stay on cloud nine at the Sivory.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing resort this is the perfect location.

The rooms were large (we had the deluxe suite which is the smallest of their rooms) and I found it to be akin to the size of an apartment. There was a sitting area with television, King Size bed and separate area with dual shower, soaking tub and toilet +sinks.

The food was very good, three restaurants to choose from. We enjoyed the Wednesday evening "Dominican" night where they served some more traditional Dominican meals.

The beach was lovely and we went swimming several times. A few times the water was a bit rough due to tides/wind. However we also had a few days of very calm waters. The pool is perfect with the bar only steps away and staff are very attentive to all the guests' needs.

We would certainly return for a future trip and enjoyed our time relaxing by the beach and pool.

Room Tip: We had a room on a top floor of the building and we preferred this as there seems to be more natural...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Leeds, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I spent a week at Sivory in April 2015. It was our first time to the DR and to an all-inclusive resort. Our week was full of rest, relaxation, wonderful service, good food and drinks, and lots of sunshine. The adult-only atmosphere was just what we wanted, and there was a good mix of ages at the resort. We stayed in a Luxury Oceanfront Suite with the private plunge pool, and it was fantastic. The room was huge and modern with a large, two-person shower that we thoroughly enjoyed. The plunge pool was nice because we could walk the 10 yards back to our room and cool off in the pool before going inside. The room was very clean. The toilets are like those found in campers and sometimes leave a odor from the plumbing or take a little longer to flush, but that wasn't a huge deal for us. My only complaint about the room was the bed and pillows. We are used to a very plush, pillow top mattress, so the very firm mattress in the room was a little uncomfortable. We also had to ask for some extra pillows, but they brought them to us with no problems. Being from The South, the food was quite different than what I'm used to, but it was very good. Over the course of the week, we ate at all three restaurants and ordered room service. I think I only got one thing that I didn't especially like. The breakfast is excellent. They bring pastries, juice, and coffee to your room every morning to get you started. The coffee is excellent, and I'm not even a coffee drinker. Lunch and dinner were always good too. We just called each morning around 9 to make the reservations for dinner and never had problem. From the time we got to the resort to the minute we left, we were treated like celebrities. Everyone there was extremely nice and accommodating. Some spoke better English than others, but with using just a little of the Spanish we know, we never had any issues. Anything you ask them to do, they reply with "it's my pleasure." The beach was the most beautiful I had ever seen. Very natural and shaded with palm trees and never crowded. The water was a little rough at first, but then was very calm for most of the week. We could swim and snorkel right in front of the resort. The pool is beautiful with plenty of comfortable chairs with umbrellas. I had a massage/facial done at the spa, and it was great. My only suggestions would be to upgrade the mattresses or offer a pillow-top mattress cover and to add some new, softer chairs at the beach. We hope to return soon!

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every thing fine, except they ran out of pepsi light in the hotel for a whole week!

Also there was a water leak for over 3 days before they could fix it, and reparation works were annoying and very loud

thanks

Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent 2 marvelous weeks in a wonderful resort, small and discrete. The roms are very comfortable ans spacious, the staff very friendly and attentive. Kitchen and wine selection are excellent, and even after two weeks to find always your pleasure. The pool is very big, you can swim in the sea (Be cautious however!) and walk for hours on the tropical beach. Hardly to recommand if you want to relax totally.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sivorypuntacana, General Manager at Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such woderful review. I will share with the rest of the team and look forward to your next visit.
It was our pleasure hosting you.

Warmest regards,

Carmen Rosa de Torres
Tupper Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

LOVE the Sivory!! This is our favorite resort to date! My husband and I just spent a week here and loved every minute of it! Upon check-in, Christian greeted us with a very friendly smile and champagne before showing us to our suite. We were pleasantly surprised and excited to get a double upgrade and ended up in a luxury oceanfront suite (room cincuenta y tres;) /53). We had a private patio/sun deck, mini pool, wine cooler and beautiful room with open floor plan! It was just a stone's throw away to get to the ocean! We also enjoyed the fact that this was an adult's only resort and it was very quiet and relaxing!

We loved the cocktails from Blubar- Adalberto was very friendly and made an awesome cocktail (Coco Loco and Fitness) and Wiz provided us with phenomenal service where ever we saw him! SybBar was great too-Roberto shakes up a great margarita! It was fun to play Dominoes at Blu bar and shoot a few games of pool across from SybBar! We did find it a bit disappointing that the live entertainment that was scheduled for two of the nights we were there seemed to have been cancelled.

We enjoyed tasty food at Laveranda for breakfast, lunch and 2 dinners. They also served really tasty lunches at Blubar which we ate about half the week! We dined at the gourmet restaurant Garamound only once as we were disappointed when we went and of the few items they serve, they were out of both the appetizer and the entree that I tried to order. Also, they served my husband the wrong dessert. Regardless of this, the food was very tasty and the service was top notch! Our favorite place to eat though, hands down, was Tau (the Japanese restaurant)! We tried almost everything on the menu and loved it all but my husband couldn't get enough of the shrimp spring rolls and I loved the sushi plate! We definitely recommend making a reservation if you want to eat here as it seems to fill up fast with only 8 or 10 tables.

Getting a massage at the spa is a must! They are very professional and the massage was heavenly. This was a last minute splurge for us that we were very glad we went with!

We had the all inclusive package and highly recommend it. Snacks, in room beverages, wine and beer, most cocktails, food and room service are all included at a very reasonable price. We also recommend using hotelbeds to book excursions. Antonio met us at the hotel a couple times to set things up and he was great! The hotel concierge was always very helpful during our stay. I do recommend bringing small bills with you if you plan to tip. We ran out a couple of times and changing in larger bills was difficult.

Thank you to everyone at The Sivory for making our vacation wonderful!

Room Tip: I think any room would be great but I would definitely say to choose the luxury suite or ocean front...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the "iPerfect" review and along with the Team; iLove it.
Please come back soo. We are commited to making your next stay even better.

Warmest regards from Sivory!!

Carmen R. de Torres
Natick, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I went to Sivory for an all-inclusive three night stay last November and it was wonderful! We were welcomed with tropical drinks and cool towels that smelled like delicious coconut cake. All the staff were courteous and helpful, you could tell that they wanted you to enjoy your time in paradise.

The pool was clean and refreshing, and it was steps away from the private beach which was just wonderful to stroll along in the early evening-- hardly a soul! All of the restaurants offered delicious food, which was loosely themed based on where you dined (Asian fusion, Mediterranean-inspired, etc). I also had a massage at the spa followed by a rose-petal hydrotherapy bath. Obviously an added charge on top of our all-inclusive package but worth it! It added such a relaxing, luxurious touch to my stay.

Sivory is a gorgeous little gem and I would love to go again for another stress-free vacay. My caveat to anyone considering Sivory is that it is not for families (it was mainly couples when we stayed) and it is not the right hotel for oodles of activities. For what I was looking for-- a quiet tropical beach hotel with great food where I could ease my work tension-- it was perfection. But if you are looking for night clubs, daily activities, and lots of things to do in the area surrounding the resort as well, I don't think Sivory is the right option.

I loved my time at Sivory and would definitely recommend for couples looking for a short escape from the craziness of everyday life.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a positive review.
It was our pleasure hosting you at our relaxing and peaceful Oasis.
We look forward to hosting you soon.

Warm regards,

Carmen R. de Torres

Been to Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!