This has been our most disappointing beach travel experience thus far. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, and the room was nice. However service was very slow, and food quality was well below expectations and extremely expensive.
To quote some examples:
1) There was a wedding happening outside our room making a lot of noise, and preventing us from sleeping. They knew in advance who the guests for the wedding were, and they could´ve arrange that they had the rooms closest to the wedding
2) Apart from a limited variety of food (only one breakfast menu every day) food quality was very poor. Both my husband and I had stomachaches during our stay. Plus the prices of food were exorbitant (I understand there is a premium to be paid at this superior hotels, but this was an insult). We have to had a brunch (because that was the only alternative) which cost $45 usd pp (plus a 28% tax and service upcharge). The price would´ve been reasonable for a good brunch, yet in this case there was green or rotten fruit, presentation was terrible (water in the floor for melting ice), and no stations to prepare food. Options basically were prepared scramble eggs, bacon, potatoes, vegetables, one type of fish and ham basically
3) Although service was very friendly it was extremely ineffective. We were standing at the pool for half an hour expecting that someone could help us get a chair to sit because everything was full. No body helped us until we talked to the manager. We expected until 3 pm so the person cleaning up our room ended her lunch to come and do our room. This also didn’t happened until we talked to the manager.
In summary we had an average experience, but we were not satisfied with the value we received for the money we invested in our vacations. We would certainly not go back to the Sivory Punta Cana, and we would not recommend it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This welcoming AAA 4 Diamond awarded and member of SLH sandy beach hotel is high on style and comfort. East Asian influences are seen throughout combining the natural beauty of the eastern Caribbean with the style of a traditional Polynesian paradise. Each of the beautifully designed rooms features the finest furnishings and has a private balcony or patio. There are 3 unique restaurants including the AAA 4 Diamond awarded Gourmond restaurant and an extensive wine library housing an impressive selection of 8,000 bottles of the world's finest wine to enjoy, recognized with the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" for 2013 and 2014. And the Aquarea Spa & Wellness Center, will help you achieve the maximum level of relaxation during your stay. Whether walking the pristine beach, lounging by the infinity pool or experiencing Caribbean-infused cuisine, you are guaranteed personalized service and exceptional luxury in a Adults-only environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sivory Hotel Punta Cana
- Sivory Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sivory Hotel