“Already discussing a return trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvero Alto Road | Playa Sivory, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #44 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Fort Myers, Florida
“Already discussing a return trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a trip celebrating our 10th anniversary. If you’re looking for a very quiet, peaceful, relaxing experience, I humbly suggest that you can stop reading reviews and book Sivory. Here’s the short list: Immaculate rooms (we had a 1st floor room on the beach and would do it again), gorgeous beach/pool, off the charts cuisine (we did the Sivory plan and would do it again), relaxing spa. Most importantly, the people at Sivory were incredible. Our concierge, Jean Alex Dameus, was enthusiastic, energetic and, I am convinced, was sincerely dedicated to ensure a trip of a lifetime. He succeeded in concert with Rogelio and Edwin at the pool bar, Mia and Jadry at the restaurant, and our valet, Jorge. I hope to be forgiven if I’ve forgotten any names as thanks are owed to all. Many thanks to Joan, manager/sommelier, who executed an anniversary dinner that we will never forget (not to mention the “to go” paella for our ride to the airport). Great thanks to Jose, the Director. As Jose and I discussed, this resort has a marvelous rhythm that, I believe, is set in motion by the beautiful location and followed through to perfection by Jose and his team. It was a trip of a lifetime and we are already discussing our return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We saved and searched for a year to be able to take this trip. I did so much research on the Dominican Republic and Punta Cana specifically that I knew this location would be just what we were looking for. And that was : an oceanfront, all-inclusive resort, with great food, and a highly rated spa, quiet, peaceful and romantic room. We had a wonderful time at Sivory Punta Cana. I called 3 times after I had made our reservations (through CheapCaribbean) to ask so many questions and they patiently and completely answered them all, even if the English/Spanish language barriers were difficult! Franklin was wonderful! Such a kind and patient man. Jose was a great manager and very friendly. Hector makes an amazing margarita and Coco Loco! And Mia, she's a sweetheart and the best waitress on the property.

So, we arrived on a Sunday night after a long day of travel and missed flights. I had called after we realized we were not going to make our connecting flight and asked to have fruit and bread and juice in our room when we finally arrived at 11pm. It was there and delicious. (oh it is an hour drive, but the government is building a new highway that will make the trip from airport to Sivory only 30 min). Franklin gave us a quick tour of the lobby/lounge area and brought us to our room. It was very nice! Most. comfortable. bed. ever. We quickly found the room service menu and ordered some items. By the time it arrived 30 minutes later (it was, after all, 1am), we were disappointed. I hoped that the food would be better in the morning. And my goodness! We awoke to a gorgeous day, we could see the ocean (the Atlantic, not the Caribbean by the way) and we walked a short walk to breakfast. It was amazing! The food got better every meal it seemed like! My husband had lobster for lunch and dinner every day. I would highly recommend purchasing the all-inclusive package. And don't worry about seeing prices on the menu. When they say it's all-inclusive, it means order as many drinks and entrees as you want, it's a part of the package. Get the paella!! I'm craving it right now and it's been a month since we were there.

My husband and I both got massages, which are worth the splurge. We spent a lot of time in the spa! The sauna and the pools were a great way to relax. They really take care of you there. The hot tub isn't hot, but it was still enjoyable!

When we told Jose it was our 10th anniversary, he made sure to make us feel very special. Also, if a bottle of wine we ordered wasn't available, he replaced it with an even better bottle. Speaking of wine, in your room is a 12 bottle wine cooler. Whatever you drink, they replace it the next day. And room service was great (as long as you don't order after 1am).

We really enjoyed the quietness of the resort. It was just what we were looking for. If you want any sort of night life at all, don't go here. This is a place for relaxing, enjoying your spouse (I wouldn't bring kids), eating well and just reconnecting and disengaging from reality. There were several newlyweds and others celebrating their anniversaries.

One last thing, since Sivory is the last stop for most of the taxis/tour buses, you will be the last to be dropped off and the first to be picked up. Remember that when making your return flight as you will have to leave the resort approximately 3 hours before your flight leaves. And since we didn't want to leave at all, it made it that much more difficult. :( But Hector brought us our last drinks as the transportation arrived and they all said goodbye and "see you next time!" We really hope there will be a next time as it was a most wonderful vacation.

So, thank you, Sivory Punta Cana, for making our 10th anniversary trip extra special. We hope to return there and make more memories at your beautiful resort.

Room Tip: It seemed as though most rooms had at least a view of the ocean. Our room was #62 which was super co...
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My partner and I visited Sivory for a relaxing, quiet holiday and the resort completely exceeded our expectations and we've been to quite a few in our time. In terms of seclusion and privacy this is exactly what we received. On arrival we received complementary champagne and each a warm face towel to refreshen because after a lengthy flight this was much needed and appreciated. On entrance you can already get a glimpse of the spacious resort spa and palm tree-aligned beach, I said it a million times it was like stepping into a postcard. A brief tour of the premises; 3 restaurants, spa, massage and sauna room, bar & lounge and then we were escorted into our room. I can safely say it was large and spacious, the bathroom itself could have been another room! We were extremely fortunate to have a central villa which faced every corner of the resort. When I return I don't I could think I have any other room but this (and it wasn't even the honeymoon suite!), some people may want their privacy but we were quite delighted to have our drinks on our terrace which faced the pool, the beach and the gardens!
I cannot fault the service. The staff were extremely helpful, on hand and very welcoming all the time. Everything was always cleaned and stocked but they were never intrusive. There was an incident where Id run out of supply of medication and without hesitation the staff had rung the pharmacy and had it delivered to me in minutes. Now this is a resort that's quite secluded and my request was late in the evening and I hadn't expected to receive anything straight away, so in my opinion in total, it was 100% quality service.
The food was exceptional, we often looked forward to having our meals at one of the 3 restaurants as we knew telling from our first night it was clearly going to be an enjoyable experience; a fine selection of fresh seafood, tender cut meats and local delicacies.
DVD and books in various languages are on hand for those quite nights in. The beach was exclusive only to resort clients and you get the impression you are in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing worse sometimes being on beach with pack full of people and no where to move! We had all the space and drinks and food could be delivered to us if we wished. It was the perfect start to 2013, I haven't stopped recommending Sivory to people! Thanks to all staff at Sivory for what was a very memorable stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: Please be mindful this is not a resort if you want to party or do a lot of activites. It's the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
South Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visited Sivory for 4 days in late May and had a very relaxing time. It looks just like what you would think of when imagining tropical paradise! The resort is very small and there were no activities happening right on the premises. For some this would be a negative, but it was exactly what my boyfriend and I were looking for. We never had to fight for a seat by the pool or wait for a drink at the poolside bar. If you are seeking quiet and romance - this is a great choice. As others have said, the resort was not very full when we visited (maybe 1/3 occupied). Personally, I found that to be a positive.

The food was not great, which I think is typical for hotels in this area. There was enough that was fine, but it wasn't amazing. I would recommend skipping the gourmet restaurant, which I did not enjoy at all. It features a lot of rather "foodie" dishes, including those with flavored foams and gels. The Asian restaurant was tasty and we would have gone more if we had realized it earlier.

The rooms here are very nice. The bathroom is big and modern. All the linens and fabrics felt clean and well cared for. Overall the room was huge and a big plus to the experience. I was surprised it was as nice as it was for the price point.

Also, the service overall was very friendly and personable. We didn't bring much cash, so we actually didn't tip anyone until the end. Nonetheless, we felt we received excellent service.

The resort has both all-inclusive and pay-as-you-go options. We never ate much at lunch and found that the number of drinks on our tab was always much less than we actually drank, so for us the pay-as-you-go was definitely cheaper.

I also have to speak highly of the pool design. I am not a big swimmer, but I like being able to cool off. A huge section of this pool was shallow enough to sit and lounge, which was awesome. I've never spent so much time in a pool at any other resort. The shallow water also kept the water from being too cold. One note: when we were there it seemed like the tiles of the pool were in need of repair. On high-use areas several were missing and/or loose. It has been a few months, so I hope they have already repaired this.

Travel note:
The hotel is one of the farthest from the Punta Cana airport - about an hour by taxi. It cost us $80 for a taxi each way in USD, so make sure you have plenty of cash with you. Additionally, there is a $10 charge per person to get into the country at the airport. We were really underprepared and had to have the hotel front us some cash. Once you are at the resort, everything other than tips can go onto your room bill, so little cash is needed during your stay unless you want to leave the resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites, so it's just a matter of your view and whether you pay for a private p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose M, General Manager at Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear EmilyW:

Thank you for choosing Sivory for you vacation, it was an honor to host you at our small retreat.

We are so glad that you specially enjoyed the sense of tranquility and relaxation we provide at the hotel. Most of our guests are looking to leave behind for a while the hectic live they have in a big city. It is good to take a break and dedicate time to the beloved ones and oneself.

Please feel sure that the comments you have made are also taken into consideration and improvements made where needed. Feedback is really important for us, and really appreciate when guests give us more information about their experiences.

We look foward to host you here again soon.

Kind regards

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I visited for 5 days in December 2012. We purchased our stay on an online auction site, and ate "a la carte" rather than opting for the extra $150 pp per night for the all-inclusive plan. I will mention a bit about finances as I had been curious about the cost of the food before we went, but couldn't find too much info. We ended up spending about $600 on food/drinks for the stay. This is probably less (possibly a lot less) than most people would end up paying, as we are light eaters and often opted for room service or the pool bar (before it closed at 6pm) for an evening meal. Typical entrees at the restaurants run from 20-40 dollars. The BluBar by the pool is great and has less expensive snacks and meals for 10-20 dollars or so. The pastries, coffee and juice delivered to the room in the morning were lovely, and we enjoyed having them outside on our patio area with a partial view of the ocean (though it was a standard junior room).
The hotel is quiet and far from the crowded beaches of the typical Punta Cana resorts. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious. The only issues we came across were musty/mildewy pillows (which were promptly changed when we asked) and the occasional bee that somehow found its way into our bathroom. Service is great, and we appreciated two calls from the front desk throughout our stay to enquire if we needed anything.
We both used the spa for massages, which were lovely. The pools and exercise room at the spa were also great, though few people appear to take advantage of them.
Overall, it was a nice, relaxing stay, and we would visit again. Personal preference might cause us to lean towards a less expensive all-inclusive with a buffet for my husband's "particular" tastes, but this was certainly a treat and a great vacation. If I were to book again, I might purchase their "Once in a LIfetime" rate, which includes the all-inclusive plan at a nice discount. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for your hospitality!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A great experience and a real hotel boutique. I spent the New years holiday at the Sivory and I'm just waiting for a long weekend in order to return to that romantic and quiet hotel. The service and location is super and the food is excelleeeeeeeeeentt!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jose M, Manager at Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Titan2009:

Thank you for choosing Sivory for spending your vacation during such special time of the year. We appreciate the time you took for sharing your experience with the travel community.

We also look forward to receive you again at our hidden spot.

Please feel free to contact us anytime you think about coming back. Here our usual numbers 1-1-809-333-0500 or US toll free 1-855-Sivory 0 (1-855-748-6790) or write to us to reservations@sivorypuntacana.com

Kind Regards

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

First day back at work today after having spent the New Years holiday at The Sivory Punta Cana. You can only imagine how much I am thinking about being on the private beach with a drink!

Summary: The Sivory is the place for you to go in Punta Cana if you are looking for relaxation, romance and quiet. If you are someone looking for activities and big drinking..probably not the place for you. You really are isolated and taxis cost a fortune in Dominican republic. The perfect week for people looking to recharge their batteries and eliminate their stresses.

Detail: After almost an hour transport from the airport (the Sivory IS the end of the road), there is definitely a sense of relief at seeing the sign for the resort. I highly recommend utilizing Dominican Airport Transfers for your travel. Round trip private will run you ~$150, but not stopping at all the other resorts is a big advantage.

Once you arrive at the Sivory, you are greeted by the concierge (in our case Alex and Monica) with a glass of champagne and a towel to refresh yourself. A complete overview of the resort is followed by a guided tour of the facility with the concierge. The hotel was beautiful. We were looking for a quiet getaway and this fit the bill. It reminded us of Gilligan's Island!

When we got to our room, a luxury oceanfront junior suite, we were thrilled with the amenities. A king size bed looking directly out at the ocean through a wall of glass(door). The room had ample living area, a double head shower and a large tub for those late evening candlelight soaks. As we were celebrating our anniversary, a bottle of champagne was there to greet us as well. A nice touch! Walking through the glass door, there was a wood patio with several lounge chairs and tables surrounding our private plunge pool. The pool was easily 8ft x 10 ft. A sandy path led directly to the private beach..less than 30 yards ahead. One huge plus for the resort and rooms was the internet connectivity. Best we have ever seen in a hotel for free. Very fast, always on...a nice plus. If I had to be critical...if someone forced me...I would say it would be great to have screens on the glass door. The breeze from the ocean would have been great without having to worry about bugs.

The food at the Sivory was excellent. There are three restaurants on location and each has there own special flare. Le Gourmand, billed as the only AAA four diamond restaurant in Punta Cana, was our favorite food for dinner. The wine selection covers the gamut as well. its easy to spend a lot on wine if you would like, but not necessary if you don't. We found several very reasonably priced wines that were excellent. Tau, an Asian fusion restaurant was a little dark in lighting for us, but the Thai soup was worth it. Our waiter was right on when he told us it would fix any hangover! I was also pleased to find they had sake and sushi. The final restaurant La Verranda served as the hub for all meals. As the only location for breakfast, it was also a social hub for the guests. I had a craving one day while at La Verranda for some Italian food...sure enough it was there on the menu. I was amazed at how well the pasta was prepared and thats when I was informed the chef was from Italy and had been trained on the Almalfi coast. It was just fantastic.

After dinners, the guests seemed to all meet at the evening bar. Well appointed with scotch and after dinner drinks as well as cigars for those looking for a smoke. There was also a billiards table for use.

The staff at the Sivory were very helpful. My wife and I don't speak Spanish very well, so we found ourselves laughing with the staff often as we tried to explain something to them and they tried to explain back without words. Their efforts were always appreciated. The guys at the pool were very well trained at making sure you have what you need without becoming a pest to the guests. Hector especially treated my wife and I like gold and it really made our experience special.

The pool was spotless and had a middle area where kids could play in less than a foot of water. There are also two built in recliners in the pool. No in the water bar...which we considered a good thing. Remember, the Sivory is about relaxation! Most people seemed to start their days at the beach and end up finishing up at the pool. Very quiet with a great breeze from the ocean.

The beach was private and had staff at both ends to ensure it stayed that way. Plenty of chairs on the beach and drinks were brought right to you by the staff. The water was clear, and just rough enough to be fun without having to worry about being pulled out to sea. Take the advice of the staff and make sure you put on some type of lotion, although it is not hot, the sun was very strong.

I guess I really can't say enough about the Sivory(although I kinda have with this review, lol). Wonderful people, wonderful food and drink, wonderful room. Wonderful experience. Sivory, we will be back.

Rob and Jen

Room Tip: if you aren't someone that anticipates using the plunge pool, the premium oceanfront suite is cl...
Dear Rob and Jen:

I read over and over your so nice and touching comments, and just make us feel more proud of working here.

We are realy glad to see that you enjoyed your days with us, and really appreciate the time you have taken to share in a very precise way the details about your stay with the travel community.

We look forward to receive you again soon in our little caribbean spot.

Kind Regards

JM

Been to Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!