“Very Calm and peaceful place with excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel

You added Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvero Alto Road | Playa Sivory, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #51 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Boulder, Colorado
“Very Calm and peaceful place with excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The resort is amazing and very clean. We stayed at a luxury oceanfront which was maintained well during our stay. We broke the deck front of the plunge pool while jumping into it, the staff fixed it the very next day. The food is amazing and all the restaurants are beautifully decorated. Room service is excellent and I would recommend the sivory plan . The spa is very relaxing and their services are worth paying for. Perfect place for a couples getaway for a quite, relaxing and pampering getaway.

Room Tip: The Luxury oceanfront is right on the beach with beautiful views of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Peace, privacy, romance. Beautiful hotel with kind and courteous staff. Concierge made efforts that far exceeded our expectations to ensure our satisfaction and comfort. Punta Cana is a favorite destination because it is easy to access with 3 hour flights from ATL and NYC. We spent time alone at the Sivory for an anniversary celebration before our college aged kids joined us at a condo at Bavaro beach for Thanksgiving holiday. I will recommend that paying for a taxi or helicopter is worth the price rather than rental car. The hotel is not easy to find on your own. AND once you get there, if spending time as a couple interested in building or re-buillding connection, you will not want to leave until check out time.

• Stayed November 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you want the best relaxing experience with your couple... thi is it!!! Great Staff, 5 star attentions, personalized service, Superb food, just perfect.
Don't expect the nicest beach because this is Atlantic not Caribbean as Southern Dominican Republic, but a fuw steps to the east, the Back reef does its work and you can enjoy a decent beach. The pool is cool enough to be all day in it.
If you need anything, or you have any special order that is not in the menus... just ask, they will please you. I recomend the Sivory Plan or the "Once in a Lifetime" so you don't have to worry about your budget in the restaurants.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The rooms are amazing and everything is immaculate and so clean!! The pool was awesome and the beach is great! The staff is so nice and everyone is friendly. It is a quiet hotel but that is a nice change from those huge loud and crowded hotels. The spa was great and relaxing! The food at all the restaurants was amazing!! We were worried about how the food would be but it was all soo good and all the dishes were great! Wear bug spray at night and only suggestion is that the Gourmond restaurant needs some air conditioning or screens on the windows. Turn down service and theiri eyes open servicebut was great!! All in all we will be back! It was a great relaxing vacation! Definitely reccomend this hotel to everyone and anyone!

• Stayed November 2012
Jose M, General Manager at Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear elli731:

Greetings from Sivory Punta Cana. Many thanks for choosing our hotel and also for taking the time for posting a review about your experience.

Our apologies for not having the Gourmond's air conditioner working during your stay. It presented a faliure that took more than expected to solve, since some parts needed to be imported. Fortunately, We had it working for thanksgiving day, where we had a wonderful dinner designed by Giovanni, our chef.

We strive to provide memorable expriences, to have a matchless culinary level and provide unique attention and a so relaxing spa experience. Therefore we are really glad and proud of seeing that you enjoyed your stay with us and decided to share your experience with the travel community.

We expect you can visit us again soon. We take the chance to wish you happy holidays and a very succesful and blessed 2013!

Kind Regards

JM
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Pros: Again, the staff made this vacation most enjoyable. I felt welcomed and valued as a guest. They all seemed to remember my name everyday and attended to my needs as best they could considering some property issues I had. Loved my room, ocean view and very comfortable. Maid service was very good daily and the turn down service was consistently good. They were never late in delivery of my breakfast to my room each morning. Service in the restaurants was also great, efficient and courteous at all times. Special thanks to Monica and Glenys at the front desk. Also the restaurant manager (I forget his name) was very attentive. They were outstanding! Upon check out, Jose the manager made a point to say good bye and apologize again for my 'issue". Again, the staff was wonderful and the reason why I gave it 4 stars.

Cons: The grounds needs some up keep. The doors and/or windows need screens to that you can open them at night. It's a shame not to take in the ocean air and ocean sounds because of the mosquitos. So, unfortunately it's a/c every night.
I had no hot water for 5 days straight (Jose offered me a generous credit toward my bill, which was greatly appreciated) but I'd would have rather had hot water. The shower floods due to poor design and poor drainage. The food in the restaurants was average. There are three of them, but really only two cuisine choices; Asian inspired and Continental. Two of the restaurants are pretty much the same, just that one is more expensive than the other. Not sure about this so called 8,000 bottled wine cellar as the bottle I ordered never materialized.

Room Tip: There are three choices of rooms, first line, closets to the ocean, second line, partial ocean view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chicagoland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Let me start by saying I consider myself more of a "traveller" than a "vacationer" type and I was not sure I could find enough things to keep myself busy. However, this "resort" vacation worked out nicely for my wife and myself.
I have read the many positive reviews and several of the lower starred reviews and see an element of truth in most of them. This resort is at the "end of the road" and the drive in is a bit of an eye opener by North American standards- however, our brief interaction with other folks staying at the mega resorts leads me to appreciate the solitude of the Sivory.
As we were in low season, we felt like the place was almost all ours-never a fight for a lounge chair, no drama spilling over from other guests and a staff that aimed to please.
We did one day tour over to Santo Dimingo just to scratch my exploring itch. Glad I did it once, but it was a full six hours on the bus to and from, so it is a very full day.
Check in, desk administration and any calls for assistance (new batteries needed for the safe and TV remote) were quickly addressed, the room was always cleaned and staged nicely and we overall liked the food.
Must also mention some of the BEST internet connectivity I have ever had in any hotel- My only suggestion would be to complete the task and put a wireless modem nearer the pool- with the ipad revolution fully in swing, many people wanted to connect from poolside. My ipad had to use some of the suites wireless to connect... Not saying I should be on the internet on vacation, but so much of the content we get is now delivered that way, it will be expected to have a strong signal just about everywhere.
We chose the European "breakfast only" plan and billed for the rest. We are trying to diet and didn't want to undo our "wins" by eating heavy 3 times a day, so it worked out for us. Others on the full plan took full advantage of the food and drinks and seemed pleased with it.
Once again, I did not think a lounging vacation was for me, but I quickly fell into a relaxed pattern and enjoyed a sunrise, a couple of long sunsets and some star gazing- Don't miss out on looking up at the stars!

Room Tip: We were in the Junior Suites, one row of buildings back from the beach and found it to our liking- I...
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The staff at Sivory made our stay in paradise perfect everyday. The food was incredible and cooked to perfection. We had everything from mini burgers to Lobster & Grouper. The spa staff attended to our every desire. All rooms have a view of the beach. Very romantic, private and secluded. It was perfect for our Anniversary, just the get away we needed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but next trip we will stay on the beach side. It is money well spent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!