“Beautiful place - Great Service - Wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel

You added Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvero Alto Road | Playa Sivory, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #51 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful place - Great Service - Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Well we arrived the day before Tropical Storm Emily - so one day in the room - not how we expected to start our vacation.
Good thing we picked such a great place - this is a beautiful resort - looks better than the pictures (once the sun came out)
Stayed on a second floor ocean facing room - book through Small Luxury Hotels good deal!
Now the food at this resort is really outstanding - wine list is also good!
But it is the staff that really makes this place so different - friendly - kind - warm. Many do not speak English but it does not matter as they are so nice.
Now the only down side - There is NOTHING to do here but relax - so if you want to go to an active bar - or busy restaurant - this is not your place - not many excursions either - so this is the place for calm - relaxing vacation.
There are also only a few people during the off season - I think there was more staff than guests - so very private and quiet
One downside the gym is VERY small and the treadmill is broken
The trip from the airport is long (one hour) but the roads were not as bad as the tour books made them sound

Room Tip: Room 52 - second floor facing the ocean - worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

A very relaxing place with excellent staff that made our holiday something to remember. 3 good restaurants with a smiling and very serviceminded staff. We stayed here for 11 nights and when we couldn't decide what to have from the menu and asked for something special The kitchen turned around and prepared our request. Everything was possible. This is not a party place but a place to find peace and excellent service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I just got back yesterday after spending a week, I cant say enough of how pleased we were by the professionalism of the staff, the sheer beauty of the place, and the absolutely delicious food and wines. You will love this place if you need to get away from your hectic life of business and blackberry! Thank you to Clovis, Yeison, Luz, Eduardo, Fabian, and all of the others who made our stay very special. Muchas gracias a todos de los Verdu!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We will be checking out of the Sivory tomorrow but I wanted to write a review while everything was still fresh in my mind. We bought the ideeli.com deal to come here. I've never been to the caribbean and never stayed in a resort (i'm more of a backpacking crashing in hostels kind of gal). For our honeymoon we wanted something where we could lay around and let the stress of the wedding wash away. The Sivory, truly, was the best choice we could have made.

Let me say that I was very nervous going into this. The trip advisor reviews were mostly positive but there were a few negative going in. I knew this would be a "different" resort, but I was worried maybe it would be dirty, or not modern, or i would feel trapped, etc. Once I arrived, though, I knew I didn't need to worry. The Triple A four diamond award and the fact that the photos do not do it justice (i'm a photographer so I put a lot of stock into photos) helped right off the bat.

Check in was a very personalized, we sat down with Clovis who had a folder with our name on it and all of our info. He walked us to our beautifully appointed room facing the ocean with a glass wall that opens to our private little pool and our personal path to the ocean.

The first night we ate at Tau, which may have been a mistake for the first night. Service is VERY european in Tau. (I should also mention we were some of the only americans here, which we are completely OK with, but if you are looking for "spring break woo-hoo" in the words of Chandler from Friends, you might want to look down the way at the Excellence resort - you won't find that here). By European I mean they want you to linger over every bite, etc. We were running on an hour of sleep so I was more looking to get in and get out so to say. The food was very yummy, though. The next nights we ate at Lavernda, which was excellent both nights. The first night I had the VERY yummy risotto and the second night we put in an order at noon for dominican fare which was fantastic, strongly suggest that! I should mention that I am basically a huge snob when it comes to food, and turn my nose up quite quickly at a $20 plate of food that doesn't meet my expectations. I've yet to have that experience here.

The beach was quite lovely. Even though the water has a bit more movement than Bavaro Beach, so it's not quite as clear, it is still very beautiful. It's bluer than the gulf ocean and MUCH prettier than the atlantic, which is what I grew up with. Bavaro Beach is where to head for a day of truly carribean sand and water, though, you can get there by booking an excursion through the concierge.

Overall, I can't say enough great things about the Sivory. If it helps at all, I also learned that for some very famous celebrities this is the place they like to stay when they come to PC... so, really, you can't go wrong :)

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor, in a luxury ocean front suite.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The paradise! The people there was incredible!!!!
The atencion, the support, the service. Thanks to concierge Emmanuel. Jayson the supervisor of the restaurant take care of us at any time. Dario in the bar was so funny...Damaris thanks. I love you and i come back.

Room Tip: My suite was perfect for me!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

The Sivory boutique hotel has been an exceptional experience. My husband and I have traveled extensively throughout the world and stayed at some of the best resorts and hotels, but the personal service here is like no other. The hotels Matre'di, Desmond Dass, specializes in the lost art of service. His assignment of their exceptional waiter, Fabian Emilio, simply made our 5th Anniversary celebration get-away a dream. Words cannot express our gratitude, and simply put.... We will be counting the days until our return.

If you need real rest and relaxation, and want to be pampered by great service and treated to daily culinary delights then the Sivory is the place to go.

Sallie Manzanet-Daniels & Randy Daniels
New York

Talent, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I visited Sivory for our honeymoon in mid June. Throughout our stay we received exceptional service, and were impressed at nearly every turn. There were a few little quirks, but they didn't detract from our stay.

The staff consistently worked hard to ensure we were pleased with everything, from beach-side service for food, drinks, and towels, to quickly responding to any room requests, and a couple surprises, like the complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries on our last night.

The food offerings were a little pricier than I was expecting, but were acceptable given the quality. Every bite I consumed while here was exquisite, and we tried every restaurant. In addition, on one of the mid-week days, the main restaurant was closed for some repairs, and the hotel compensated by hosting a Dominican buffet lunch, with an excellent selection of delicious local fare. The Dominican stew and coconut-rice cakes topped with toasted cream were especially delectable. The wine selection was broad, but the beer selection was more limited, and the wine and mixed drink prices were also a bit high for the value. However, our package included the in-room chilled drinks (not the wine), so I can't complain about the free Presidente beer.

The spa had a nice selection of options for relaxation, but a couple of them were not constantly available, due to need for maintenance during our stay. However, nearly anything which was not operating at our arrival, the staff could turn on at request. For a specific example, one of the sets of showers had a plumbing leak in the second shower, therefore, rather than leaving it on all the time and wasting a great deal of water, the staff would turn those showers on at request. It was the kind of thing that seemed to stem merely from being on the far corner of the island. But we wouldn't dream of trading the seclusion of the more distant area for what lacked in maintenance.

I don't think my wife and I could have chosen a better resort to spend our honeymoon at, especially in the Punta Cana area, and certainly not for the price.

Room Tip: We purchased a Deluxe Jr. Suite through RueLaLa.com, a boutique shopping website. Great price, fanta...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sivory Punta Cana Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!