We just got back after a weeks stay at Ocean Blue. This was a trip for the family celebrating our sons high school graduation. Our son is 18, daughter 20 and my husband and I in our 50's, to give you an idea of where the comments are coming from. I booked us Dominican Airport Transfers for roundtrip transportation $79 RT for the four of us, best price and extremely prompt. When you do go to their counter in the airport, they will give you info for excursions and a form to fill out with your return flight info on it and make an appointment to meet one of their people in the lobby the next morning. Unless you want to sign up for the excursions, don't go down there. I didn't meet with them because I had my voucher for the return trip and did not want any pressure into signing up for an excursion.
Checking in was very easy and welcoming. We arrived a little early so the rooms weren't ready, but our bracelets were put on, we were told to grab something to eat and come back. When we went back to the desk, we were given the keys and a map of where to go, all of our requests were met. I didn't know what villa to ask for, but we got Villa 8, second floor, which was a request, one king room and one double queen, also requests. Villa 8 overlooked the grounds and the end of the pool, that was a perfect location and quieter than staying right by the pool. The four of us thought the rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, temperature comfortable, and plenty of bathroom accessories. Restaurants were good, not great, but didn't have a bad meal. We stayed at another H10 resort in Mexico, Ocean Coral and Turquesa, where the food was a lot better. You will not have a problem with the food, there are many types of restaurants or go to the buffet.
The entertainment group are "CRAZY" fun!!!! I would go back to this resort just to see this group again. Scoopidoo (Luis), Super Juan, Minnie Me (Sammie) are the three that we personnaly got to know, but everyone of those guys are great and just want to make sure you have fun and get involved. If you don't want to get involved, hide!!! They are very persistent into trying to make you play the games and have a blast, they will even remember your names. These guys work extremely hard all day and then at night. This is true for the entire staff, all of them work 12 days on and three off. The 12 days on are all day, bartenders could be at one bar during the day, then you will see them at a different bar at night. Look for Sexy Black at the main lobby bar, he's great!! Show your appreciation by giving them a couple dollars here and there, also your housekeeper, they do really apprciate it.
As far as all the H10 reps walking around, they are not annoying. This is their job and they have to approach guests asking them to listen to what they have to offer. We said no thank you and that was it, none were rude or pushy.
Last but not least, book puntacanamike.com for a tour!!!! We always try to do something other than the big tours with a lot of people and where every other tour company are. You will not regret it. Go on his website and read about him and his tours, I think you'll decide to book one. Hope this was a very helpful review.............don't be hesitant, it's a fun place and you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic