We added on to a group the last week of June 2013. A Family of 7 my Husband, sister teenage kids and adult nieces. Everyone enjoyed the resort. There is plenty to do for all ages. We departed LAX to Panama then to the DR on Copa Airlines. I will never do that again. The flight was brutal and Copa Air was not the friendliest.
We have traveled to many all inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya/Cancun, Jamaica. This is our second time back to the DR 1st time at this resort.
The front desk service was pleasant at arrival and we were checked in quickly. As the week went on we had several questions and some of the front desk staff was not so friendly. Take plenty of singles for tipping because they will not give it up at the front desk. We tipped all the bar tenders and waiters throughout the week as they work very hard to serve you and are very friendly.
The rooms were very clean everyday but our maid was very irritated when we asked for extra towels is as though we asked for the impossible. We still tipped her at the end of the week.
We had no problem getting beach towels or chairs by the beach or pool. The grounds are very well kept the pools are clean. The beach is very nice and the shopping on the beach is very convenient. We enjoyed the lobby bar in the evening, the sports bar and casino. We also bowled and played pool one night it was fun. The spa staff is very nice and the massaged were great and reasonably priced.
The food is good I but by the end of the week you get tired of it. The lunch by the beach had a variety. The dinner restaurants were good. I did not like that there were no reservations. Some were easy to get into. The Italian one was very good but our waiter was rude so half his tip went to the guy that brought our dinner who was doing all the work and was very friendly. The steak house was a ridiculous challenge. We tried getting in everyday and finally got in the last day we were there. The poor girl trying to seat people it was not her fault but she got yelled at every night by someone trying to get a table. Our waiter that night was horrible, so half his tip that I didn't want to leave him in the first place went to the girl seating everyone she deserved it.
They do allow reservation to the people who purchase the privilege package. For some reason this steak house is the most popular not sure why it good but not worth all the hassle. So if you don't get in the other restaurants are just as good.
As for the "privilege package" I would not spend the extra money. The beach are may have had better cabanas but there were sand bags all in front of it. As for the premium liquor at the bar my husband and son got to know all the bar tenders and once they knew they were tipper they always had the premium liquor. We had a great spot on the beach everyday with a clear view.
We did the snorkeling tour and swam with the sharks and sting rays and we also did the Outback Safari. Both were great and we were all glad we experienced it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic