My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Blue April 5-10 after booking a trip through Delta Vacations. Wanted to share some of the pros and cons of the trip below:
- The facilities of the hotel are wonderful, the beach and pool were very well maintained and as beautiful as the pictures on the website. The room was clean and very large. This is exactly what I was looking for in a resort, and the Ocean Blue exceeded my expectations. We did not spend the extra money for privilege and did not feel like we missed out on anything.
- The staff was very helpful and the resort was well staffed to avoid long lines. Juan in the Mexican restaurant did a lot to make our dinner special The daily games at the beach and pool were corny, but fun and a good way to avoid just being lazy at the pool for a week.
- The food was of average quality, but there was always enough of it and we never got sick from anything we ate. The food options were often the same every day and even the food at the a la carte restaurant were the same as in the buffet, just plated differently.
- There were a couple nights where we were woken up during the night by very loud people either walking around outside or in the room next door. Thankfully it did not last all week, but that one night was a bit frustrating.
As far as advice goes I would recommend bringing your own large glass/mug as at the bars they give you a small plastic cup with no insulation and not much to drink. This causes a problem in some drinks where they add sugar as there is not enough liquid to dissolve the sugar and it starts to coat your teeth.
Overall it was a great vacation for the price, though next time we may consider staying somewhere a little higher end to compare what you can get with a higher cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic