“I am on a vacation with my daughter and mother and we had a great time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Blue & Sand

Save Saved
You added Ocean Blue & Sand to your Saves list
Ocean Blue & Sand
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
“I am on a vacation with my daughter and mother and we had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We are on a vacation for my daughters graduation gift. We are having a great time. I wish the rooms were bigger but in the end we are not spending much time in them anyway. The staff is great especially the entertainment. They definately keep you on your toes. We are having a great time. I would come back!

• Stayed December 2012
GuestServiceOBS, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
On behalf of Ocean Blue and sand by H10 we are delighted to know that you found our property very enjoyable and that we have meet your expectations. Is for us a pleasure to know that the entertainment, along with the rest of the employees were polity and helpful. We want to thank you and congratulated you for your daughter graduation and for choosing us over the rest of the world.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughters again,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,591)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I like the Hotel... very nice guys, the poolbar it's perfect.... Willi wonka, minimi jumping crazy in the Pool... beach is were cleaner andere i have a good time her... i come back next year... best Hotel in punta cana....

• Stayed December 2012
Thank You so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 for your most wonderful review and for sharing with others the variety of things to do here at this hotel .We are glad that you found the property cozy and the staff of ocean blue friendly as well.

We most gladly will like to welcome you again, and give your regards to willy and mini me.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visited the resort from Nov 27-Dec 4. After reading many reviews, mainly great reviews with a few and far between negative reviews, I felt confident it would be a great vacation. Sad for us, we are one of those few and far betweens. The Resort is beauitful, I love the layout, the gardens are immaculate, the pool area is amazing. We were there for only 1 week and the number of little things that went wrong, kinda spoilt our experience. I would put it down to the staff at Reception and Customer Service don't care and can't be bothered when things go wrong. Briefly to mention a few, our room keys continually failed. On one ocassion I was locked out of my room for over an hour waiting for a replacement key. Room spacious, furniture needs renewing, draws were broken, phone didn't work unless you held cable in phone. Room service, hit and miss if they answer. I understand most of the staff don't speak any English at all and communication is a problem if you don't speak Spanish, I called room service one morning at 8:35am and my call was answered, however, I was informed they only serve privilege guests from 8am, for poorer from 11am. Our room was cleaned very late most times into the evening, until I complained, our last 2 days rooms were cleaned by early afternoon. The beach is not nice at all, not one of the best I have been to. The food is ok, lots of choice, but nothing WOW. Drinks nothing great, mainly poor quality or watered down. Most of the staff are nice, very friendly. Customer Service is rubbish. The list can go on. Overall, it is a beauitful place, however, they lack attention to detail, well for the (poorer) section. Others in our party said it was a great experience for them. May be our expectations were a little too high, I don't know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
First of all we want to thank you so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10. We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your remarks as this feedback helps us to improve our level of service. And as well we really want you to know that all those things said by you in this comment will be take in consideration very well and take the right procedure to avoid future inconveniences.

It will be our pleasure if you and your group of family give us the opportunity to host you once again to show you a hole different an unforgettable vacation.

Receive our warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a great place the staff is excellent we really like all the activities, Willie wonka is very entertaining makes me smile the shows are excellent , jack is a very good dancer and is very fun to watch DD is a very good dancer and keeps us in good shape the food is excellent and we will come back to this place again we have been here before and plan on bringing our daughter and her family back next year please keep up the great work and can't wait to get back here the show last night Brazilian fire show was very fun to watch, our friends met us here on our second week and really love it, we will be recommending this place to all our friends and family, there is so much to do and also so much time to relax, and one last thing we were invited to the chefs dinner and it was the best dinner I have ever had we felt so special and very well taken care of thank you so much for our best vacation ever !!!!

• Stayed December 2012
On behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 we want to thank for your most wonderful review and for sharing with others you Amazing experience here with us, we are also glad that you have the chance to experience the chef table and have a dinner with him personally. we will most definably give your regards to the entertainment guys like , dd, jack and other . We hope that you have really enjoy the shows and also found the rest of the staff of ocean blue and sand friendly as well.

We most gladly will like to welcome you again,

Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We are having a wonderful trip. We were invited to the Chef' s dinner which was excellent.

The staff works very hard & are very helpful. DD, Jack & Willy made our stay very enjoyable. Crazy games are a fun part of the trip. I did the step class a couple of times & the water aerobics I really enjoyed this. I work in the fitness industry so it is fun to relax & exercise at leisure.

The food is always very good.

The entertainment is very fun we really enjoyed the The Brazilian Fire Show last night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 for your most wonderful review and for sharing with others you Amazing experience here with us, we are also glad that you have the chance to experience the chef table and have a dinner with him personally. We hope that you have really enjoy it and also found the staff of ocean blue and sand friendly as well like dd, jack and willy

We most gladly will like to welcome you again,

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The hotel was nice, the food was mediocre and the island was beautiful. But the one time we bring our girls (6 and 7) to the kids club was a disaster. We left them there with two young girls and there were no other children. The seemed competent, had a schedule and there were art supplies out for them to play with. So we left them there for half an hour. When we came back, it was closed up and knocked on the door, but nobody answered. We decided to look around to see if perhaps they went on a walk or to the beach. Found one of the girls that we had left our children with dancing at the bar area. When I asked her where the girls were, she responded that I hadn't left the girls with her. In a panic, I told her that I did leave them with her and that when we went there, it was locked up. Reluctantly, she followed us back to the "kids club" and knocked on the door where it was closed. Looking in, we noticed the girls that were supposed to be watching our children coming out of one of the bedrooms. When we went in, our girls were watching tv in another bedroom. While we were there, a few of the boys that worked in the resort came out of one of the bedrooms that the "babysitters" were in. After speaking to my kids, they said that they had closed the door and let them watch tv. Thank goodness I only left them there for half an hour. Imagine what else goes on in there? Regardless of how the restaurants , service, hotel or beach.. NEVER EVER go to this hotel if you plan to use the kids club.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I write this review while suffering from food poisoning and the inability to sleep, as this hotel plays music outside the window of my room. The food is of the lowest quality, and the staff has no idea on how to treat customers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ! SATY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
First of all we want to thank you so much on behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 and We really apologies that you could not enjoy your stay like the other thousands of people that enjoy the same food quality you did during you stay in teh same week . There were not situation recorded about food poisoning therefore we truly sorry that you had such a experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we will take your comment into consideration, so for your next time you come may have a total different experience. Please feel free to contact me in case you have any further question or concerns of quality information at enc.privilege.hobs@oceanhotels.net

It will be our pleasure if you give us the opportunity to host you once again to show you a hole different an unforgettable vacation.

Receive our warmest regards,

Management

Been to Ocean Blue & Sand? Share your experiences!