My husband and I went for a 3rd visit to Ocean Sands and Blue for 11 nights Nov 2nd- Nov 13th.
Our 1st visit was fairly good for the money although you had to complain to get things done.
Our 2nd visit we took our daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren and found it had changed; food didn't seem quite as good.
This our 3rd visit we couldn't wait to get home, it was complete waste of money.
The advice I can give you is don't waste your money, it has gone badly downhill.
The food is disgusting always cold even in the speciality restaurants.
The Privilege section is a complete joke you will not get any of the things advertised on the website. Service was very unpredictable some were fantastic some were plain lazy.
We paid £758 extra for 11 nights of privilege and we never got anywhere near what we should have had. We had to constantly ring to get the mini bar re stocked. They put small bottles in the fridge not big bottles as shown in their brochure.
Out of our eleven nights we only had seven nights of the turn down service.
There was no welcome fruit or sparkling wine.
No towel for the beach in the room for the first morning
No upgraded toiletries as advertised
In the VIP lounge you had pour your own drinks the staff were very rude and arrogant and never offer to help you, there was hardly ever any ice, popular drinks ran out, and you are told to go to the bar yourself. In fact they very rarely spoke to you, or acknowledge your existence.
We witnessed staff members coming into the lounge and taking food (intended for guests) and give to the local beach traders.
The special beach area was far too small for the amount of VIP guests
We asked for a copy of our bill the night before we departed, it was in local Pesos, we asked to have converted to US Dollars and was thrust a calculator and told to do it ourselves.
FORGET PRIVILEGE IT’S A BIG CON
This is a time share hotel for H10 and the only person who seems to get recognized is an H10 member with their Gold band.
We went to the beach early one morning to watch the sunrise and the guard who was supposed to being watching over the property and guests was fast asleep on a bed (some security).
On the subject of security we had a really bad rain storm one day and had to run for cover under the restaurant, we left our flip-flops on the bed to secure it for when the rain stopped. We went back to the bed and my husband’s reef flip-flops had gone, when we made it obvious that someone had stolen them, the traders who were sitting with the guard ran. My husband went over to find his shoes buried in the sand where the guard was sitting (obviously they were going to be taken by him, for traders).The guards are very corrupt, we watched them steel bottles of water and coke from the ice buckets by the beds and give to the traders.
The beach is eroding quiet badly and the day before we came home they put tape right across the beach so you couldn't walk down in certain areas. Not the most attractive site when you are looking out to sea it’s like being in a crime scene.
I was completely bitten to bites on the sand there was obviously a problem with sand fleas.
The Ice machine at the bottom level of each villa could not cope with volume so half the time you could not get ice and if you were lucky enough to get any it always had black bits in(so one would assume not cleaned out very regularly).
We were in villa 10 and always when you looked out of the lower stairwell there were bags and bags of rubbish just left there.
Many restaurants where closed on different nights making trying to get a reservation quiet difficult.
We did mention our various problems to the Judith the customer relation manager, she did with the help of Francisco try to improve things. We were invited to a private Chef gala meal which was wonderful. But why should they have to put on a show like that for one night. With the money it cost to stay at this resort, every night should be special.
A lot of the general staff run the resort the way they want totally ignoring the instructions of their managers.
Believe me, we have travelled a lot in the Caribbean, there lot better resorts to visit, which are of much better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic