This is not the resort for you if you expect good food, service or rooms.
We were a party of 6; every one of us changed rooms at least twice, some three times.
There was a musty mold odor in almost all of the rooms (some overwhelming) and we were in the privilege section. Keep in mind that half of the rooms (over 300 of them) look out to the pools/gardens and the other half look out to the service road. Half of the hotel will be disappointed in their view.
My bathroom ceiling leaked every day, everyday maintenance came to fix it and everyday it leaked again. There is a mini frig in every room, this is not a mini bar as we know it in the states. This is not a stocked bar with snack and refreshments. You will receive two beers, two waters, two juices when you arrived. If you want anything restocked you will have to TIP very well before this happens, even then it will be minimal.
We didn’t have a problem with towels but then again this was off season!!
It’s the same food every day and it is less than desirable. Except for Mike’s coffee don’t expect a dessert that you recognize by site or taste!!! Enjoy the cookies from Mike’s; it’s the only dessert eatable. Now, if you like pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs….they have plenty and they are about the best thing you will eat here. Not exactly what I expected from the Caribbean. OH and don’t expect to have seafood here, they don’t have any with the small exception of some fried pieces of something, I couldn’t tell what kind of fish it was. No shrimp, scallops, grouper, tuna, flounder or anything that swims in the sea. Who would have thought?
I understand the concept of “all inclusive” and that you should still tip when you receive good service. However, you will not receive good or sometimes any service until after you tip. I had to wave a $1 bill over my head to get served coffee one morning and the restaurant was practically empty. Of course after you tip they remember you and things start to get better. But I don’t understand why this has to happen in the first place!!!!
Bottom line, this is an economy line resort. If you can afford better please do!! You are not going to enjoy this resort if you expect good food, service or accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Hotel Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort Dominican Republic