We have just returned from the Ocean Blue/Sand for the second time this year. This is our fifth trip to this resort for a total of 6 weeks. We have always been very pleased with the facilities, cleanliness, friendliness of staff and meals. With the exception of an issue regarding our room choice this time,(which I was able to discuss with Theresa, Assistant Manager of the hotel) we again had a wonderful time with our travelling companions and our new Scottish friends we met at the resort.
We chose this resort the first time because no reservations are required for the a la carte restaurants which we prefer. However on one trip, the dinner buffet was being served in the kitchen with a tour of the kitchen included and we decided to try the buffet. We were very impressed with the quality of the food at the buffet and the shiny cleanliness of the kitchen and now we dine at the buffet a few times each visit.
The highlight of this September's trip was an invitation to the Chef's dinner which is served in a dining room in the kitchen area. We dined with the Executive Chef Jose Francois Alias, Rey of Guest Services and ten other guests from France, Cuba and Canada. The food and wine were spectacular and the experience of meeting such a renowned chef was unforgettable. We also had the opportunity to ask Chef Alias to never change the recipe for the lasagne in the Italian restaurant because it is perfect now. The wait staff was friendly and attentive to our every need. It was an evening we will talk about for years to come. If you are fortunate enough to be invited to this event, don't hesitate to accept.
Our comments would not be complete if we didn't mention our cocktail waitress Crystal in the lobby bar who went beyond the call of duty to take care of our group every time we were there. She not only served us, but made it fun to be there. Our dedicated breakfast waiter succeeded in teaching us "mooee bien" in response to his "how are you?" Obviously he did not teach us how to spell it.
Yes, there are a lot of time-share people around in their white shirts, but if you immediately say "no thank you" they will not bother you anymore.
We cannot believe some of the comments we have read in the past regarding this resort. We always bring a supply of American one dollar bills and tip according to service received at the time, not in anticipation of getting better service next time. Usually we tip $1.00 for drinks, breakfast, lunch, Mike's coffee and more for dinner and housekeeping; spending around $75-$100. for the week. Unfortunately, we are in the minority as a lot of people never tip. The staff is very appreciative of a tip, but even a simple "Hola" to the garden or maintenance workers acknowledging their efforts, brings a smile to their faces.
We hope to return to this resort and will always recommend it to others.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Blue Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Hotel Beach
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort
- Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort
- Ocean Blue Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue Resort
- Ocean Blue Golf Beach Resort Punta Cana
- Ocean Blue
- Ocean Blue Dominican Republic
- Ocean Blue Golf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the wonderful beaches of Bávaro, and immersed in tropical foliage, close to the White Sands golf course, the Ocean Blue and Sand is an all-inclusive resort featuring suite accommodations, two luxurious pools, casino, spa and fitness center, dive center and an extensive activity program including childrens' and teen mini clubs, to make your stay an unforgettable experience. All-inclusive: Meals, drinks, cocktails and snacks included 24 hours. Some additional services are available at additional charge. Lobby with Free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Blue & Sand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.