“Can't wait to go back!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #7 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lynbrook, New York
“Can't wait to go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Was very worried that I would be bored, since we are used to cruises...but boy was I surprised!!! From morning to night there were wonderful activities with wonderful friendly staff advisors!!! Especially Santa and Jose who taught the dance classes as well as most of the other activities and performed at night!
STaff was very accomodating, rooms are beautiful, restaurants are exquisite. One comment about the food is that althought it was plentiful, it could have been a little bit better...guess I'm just a "fussy" New Yorker!
But we would have no problem going back!!! As a matter of fact we look forward to it!!! Glad we left our comfort zone & tried something new.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,317)
  • Indonesian first
indianapolis, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

There aren't words to describe what a beautiful experience we had at the Palma Real. We were lucky enough to have Royal Service and it was awesome. Jose was incredible and met needs and requests we didn't even have time to make. Pedro was wonderful by the beach and the bali beds were so comfortable we could have just stayed there the whole vacation and been happy. Wilkin made the best coco locos,pina coladas and my hubby loved the mamajuanas. Small Francisco and Tall Francisco were awesome as well. The beach was clean, the water was blue and clear, literally everywhere you went in the hotel smelled like a beautiful ocean breeze it was in the 80's most of the trip but super comfortable because of the breezes. It felt like we were inside of a postcard the whole trip it was wonderful. Thank you Paradisus for the best trip of our lives and your employees deserve a raise because the trip would have been ok but not excellent without them we are committed to spending our 20 th or 25th wedding anniversary there just a few short years away.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Nokesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

An excellent venue for hosting a conference with plenty of opportunities to enjoy the amenities. The entire staff went out of their way to make my stay first class! Could not have asked for a nicer experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

The backdrop of this resort is beautiful, but the pressure to buy a timeshare truly ruined our honeymoon. We were constantly questioned why we hadn't attended a presentation on the timeshare. We finally broke down when we were threatened that our transportation to the airport would be cancelled. They wanted my credit card number during the presentation which I would not provide. We paid top dollar for this trip and did not expect to be hasseled in this manner. I would strongly suggest looking at other fine resorts in the area, but avoiding this one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

We just got back from Paradisus Palma Real. The resort was gorgeous. There was an open air lobby, and extremely friendly staff. We upgraded to Royal Service when we arrived, which gave us access to a private pool and beach area, a butler that made our beach beds in the morning and brought us drinks all day long. he also made us dinner reservations. Our room was very large with jacuzzi in the bathroom and a large terrace. The food was very good. We only hit the buffet once for lunch, and had sit down meals all the other times, with the exception of breakfast, which we ordered from room service every morning. the food arrived hot and in a timey fashion. there was entertainment in the evenings, and the casino had some action at night too. Top shelf liquor and very safe beaches. the spa was gorgeous, spa treatments of course are extra. we got massages, and they were excellent. I highly recommend this resort.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Recently returned from a wonderful 7 days at the Palma Real Paradisus. We stayed in an ocean front Royal Service suite. The entire holiday was a delight. Our butler Juan DeCastillo was amazing. He spoke very good english and made sure that all our needs where met during our stay. The staff at the Royal service pool bar (Pedro and Winkin) where wonderful, very accommodating, exceptionally friendly and appeared to be enjoying their work. Housekeeping was also very attentive to all our needs and kept our room fresh and clean throughout our stay. The food in the restaurants exclusive to Royal customers was all very good (the best I have encountered in all my trips to the Domincan). I was not overly impressed with the buffet, although the offerings where plentiful and extensive the cleanliness was questionable. We ordered a bottle of wine or champagne with every meal and I would have really like to have someone on staff that was more knowledgable about the wine list. An in house sommelier would be a GREAT addition to the staff. I also think the resort could potentially sell better wines to guests (rather than opting for the included wine) if they had someone on staff that knew more about some the unique Spanish wines on the list. We tended to order mostly Italian, French or California only because of my lack of knowledge on Spanish wines. When I asked the servers to assist no one had a clue what the wines where. Although all of the service staff we encountered where very pleasant. We did use room service on one occasion and was very pleased with the prompt service and hot food that was delivered. (again the best I have encountered in the Dominican)
The tour staff arranged for a private driver and translater to take us on an excursion. Santo our driver was terrific and our guide Cesar Tanazos was so knowledgable on the Dominican and very very proud of his country. Cesar made our 2 trips off the resort very memorable. If you are planning a trip to Paradisus don't miss the restaurant JellyFish just down the beach. Amazing food !!
My travel companion and myself are definitely going to plan another trip to DR and will be re-booking at the Palma Real. I have been to the Dominican on 5 different occasions and this was going to be my last visit if this hotel didn't add up. Well, Paradisus has renewed my love for the DR and thanks to the great staff, Juan, Pedro, Winkin, the delightful ladies who run the Royal Club concierge and my new friend Cesar I can't wait to return.
Cheers from Canada

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Having read some of the reviews my husband and I travelled in fear and trepidation but we needn't have worried. We chose this hotel because it was in the Top 100 and found it deserved to be so. Everything was fantastic, hotel, room, cleanliness, restaurants, staff, golf and facilities - I could go on. Also we didn't find a language barrier - armed ourselves with a phrase book but didn't use it. We were blessed with brilliant weather with occasional rain at night and don't normally return to the same hotel but cant wait to return!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!