We commend the management and staff for a very well-run facility at the Pardisus in Punta Cana. The landscaping at the site is impeccable (staff trim grass from the sidewalks by hand, using knives and machetes; they rake the beach every morning). Contrary to some of the reviews - which we read before going - the food is very good. The Naos Buffet was the go-to eating spot, with the restaurants providing good dinners.
The hoopla about the Royal Service and the hassle regarding dinner reservations - often posted on this site - is accurate. You really need to sign-up for the R.S. to get dinner reservations at restaurants other than the buffets. And the sales pitch upon arrival, to sign up for the R.S., is - to be candid - annoying after a long journey to get there.
That said, the butler assigned to us - helping us with reservations and the like - was outstanding (well done, Ariel Benzo!). And he set us up for the entire week with the beach / pool attending staff (of particular notes, Francisco Cabrera did an outstanding job all week; his colleague, who just started the week we were there, Carlos was very good, too).
As we noted, the food's very good. We need to highlight Juan and Henry - both working the breakfast and lunch shifts at the Naos Buffet - as the best waiters on the resort. They held tables for us, our coffee would be refilled with seemingly every sip taken, and they were great company during our meals (sharing Spanish, chatting about their homes in the D.R.). Well done guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia, Amex, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana