“Always a great getaway with family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #7 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Miami
“Always a great getaway with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have been to this resort several times and the service is always good. This year we had Francisco Estrella as our go to guy and his name really does him justice, he was a “star”. We were there right before busy season so we were spoiled to have reserved space on the beach and sometimes under the palapas by the “club member’s pool”. I was battling a bad cough so Francisco came up with a “jarabe” (Spanish for medical treatment) that he said would make me feel better. Juice from 3 limes, lots of honey and just as much gin was brought to me every hour on the hour with small sips of “Mama Juana” in between. He would check up on me and bring me “local water (Presidente beer)” every so often to cool down. He made his rounds to everyone at the pool and on the beach under his watch, he always seemed to be busy but never bothered and always flashing his smile. Because of service like that of Francisco is why we only come back to this resort when visiting Punta Cana.

Free catamarans and the parasailing ($$) were great this year and the girls had a blast with their dad. Nightly entertainment was fun and the cast of dancers spilled out onto the promenade after the performance and interacted with guests. Music was good and not too loud that you couldn’t have a conversation if you wanted to. Casino is being remodeled so you are shuttled to a sister location which was ok (remember you are not in Vegas).

Why not 5 stars you ask ???? Rooms - We’ve had the pleasure of visiting since 2005 and we have seen upgrades in the rooms. The pull out sofas have improved and the televisions also (wiring needs to be tidied up a bit, loose wires all over the place is not pretty especially with the maintenance fee charged monthly to club members). Drawers for the nightstands needs to open and close properly and privacy doors for the main bedrooms need to be re hung so they close well. The lock on the sliding glass door did not close properly so our door remained unlocked throughout the stay. Bathroom – my husband is tall and if he moved the shower head up it would leek through the door and out into the hallway. The first night almost was my last since I slipped on the tile in the hallway and landed hard on the floor. We had to line the bathroom floor and hallway with towels every time we took showers.

Restaurant reservations – don’t think that club owners have it any better than anyone else. We did all our reservations on the day we arrived and were told that the system was not up but they would do their best to accommodate our party of 8. First night no problem, second night no problem (even though we were rushed through ordering and service at Vento), third night we did not get the confirmation for the restaurant we asked for and were sent to our second choice. After that it went downhill. The young lady that had helped us originally had been off so maybe that had something to do with it. We went back to the club room and were told that the individual restaurant managers were the ones that gave access to reservations. Club/Royal Service/Family Concierge members were only allowed 8 reservations per day at the restaurants and they were full (I thought it was off season). The worst was our last night. We were told that we could not be seated at Vento until 9:30pm. One of the club staff member, Luis, did a lot of running around for us and managed a reservation at 7:00pm. We had a great dinner and left around 9:15pm, funny thing …. There were 2 tables of 8 and 3 tables of 4 empty for the 2 hours and 15 minutes we were there. Not sure why we could not have our original reservation time of 8pm. Also the main buffet area was closed due to a fire (that happened 4 months ago) so if you didn’t want to eat from the buffet at the beach you went into a conference room looking place to eat. Good food but the last thing I want to do on vacation is feeling like I am at a business meeting.

I am sure improvements are being made every day and I am hopeful that the difference will be seen on our next visit, till then … adios and gracias !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mayte C,

Thank you for having selected us one more time and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have appreciated the outstanding and personalized service that you have received from Francisco Estrella. I agree with you, he is a star of Paradisus Palma Real. I am also glad to learn that you and your family have enjoyed our activities.

Please receive my most sincere apologies if we were not able to fulfill your expectations regarding your room. Your observations have been sent to the management of the Club Meliá and I assure you that appropriate measures will be taken in order to correct the situations you have described.

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments. I am looking forward to welcome you back at your second home; Paradisus Palma Real.

Paradisus Resorts DR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,317)
  • Indonesian first
Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went for a destination wedding, 4 of us. It was great. We experienced no issues. The staff was amazing, always smiling and very happy. A special thank you to Juana at the front desk for traking great care of us. Jose and Frank for making sure my kiddos had something to eat since they are picky. Franklin for checking with us often ensuring we were perfect. Just a few tips for travelers, bring cash. You will want to tip, they are that awesome. We went through ours fast and had to do exchange. Also be prepared to haggle, I am not good at this. But once again the people everywhere were just great. Very happy and appreciative. It was a great relaxing vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Natalie J,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay in our property. As a service company our main priority is not only to exceed but also to surpass our guests’ expectation.

I truly appreciate your compliments to the friendliness, dedication and willingness to service demonstrated by our staff, especially by, Juana, Jose, Frank and Franklin. We are aware that our great team plays a key role in the satisfaction of our guests.

Our team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next great relaxing vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our vacation was during the perfect time at the perfect location. The weather was gorgeous, staff was very accommodating and living arrangements very comfortable! Our butler, JORJE MARTE went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable and unforgettable. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. One particular server, FRANK SANCHEZ, stood out and made our evening one of good food and great service! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a lovely time at a lovely facility!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Syreeta J,

Thank you for your confidence in selecting us to celebrate your family trip. At Paradisus Palma Real the satisfaction of our customers is the most important thing.

I am proud to know that you have appreciated the warmth, dedication and willingness to service demonstrated by our staff, especially by Jorge Marte and Frank Sanchez. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Once more thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I am looking forward to welcome back in this Paradise.

Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I wanted to say a personal thank you to all those that treated us so special during our vacation. It is with great joy to post a an awesome review. I want the world to know how great this place really is.
Paradisus Palma Real has searched and found the most outstanding team to make this resort the best in Dominican Republic. From our first step into the resort everyone we met always exuded professionalism and the highest level of customer service.
This is our 4th time visiting, this is the only place to stay. We tried other resorts in Punta Cana and realized there is no comparison.
The resort is flawless and impeccably maintained, filled with amazing restaurants, each with their own team so proud that they shower you with all the great delicacies they have to offer. Plan on putting on a few extra pounds. Paradisus meets and exceeds all expectations of a 5 start resort.
It is service that puts Paradisus at the top. I do recommend spending the few extra dollars and opt for the Royal Service you will regret it if you do not, trust me.
Now Drum Roll Please....these special individuals truly are in a league of their own, all taking the definition of hospitality to an unachievable level, we will never forget you.
Gerardo Del Rosario (Market Grill)
Ricardo Soler (Market Grill)
Luis Bello (Market Grill)
Gloria Riveras (Market Grill)
Will Mercado (Market Grill)
Marleny (Market Grill Hostess)

Richard Ortiz (Piazzo)
Stephania Auguste (Piazzo)
Miguel Jimenez(Piazzo)
Carlos Ceuno(Piazzo)
Felipe Maye (Piazzo)
Gladys Mole(Piazzo)

Augstin Nunez - Royal Service Butler
Juan Castillo - Royal Service Butlet
Pedro (Royal Service Pool)
Franciso (Royal Service Pool)
Leonardo (Royal Service Pool)
Osvaldo Acosta (Palazzo)
Franciso Garrido (Palazzo)
Clara Nunez (Palazzo)
Miguel Guerrero (Palazzo)

Baron Justo (Gabi Beach)
Elizabeth (Gabi Beach)

Kescia - Guest Concierge
Francisco Reynoso (Activities)
and finally, the Royal Service Manager Lara, is without question one of the best managers I have ever seen in action, she is on point 100% of the time and the beautiful smile never leaves her face.

Melia you continue to do it right, Miami could learn a lot from the standard you have set.

Great Job to ALL! Thank you and see you again soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

First of all, have to say that your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in our property have left me speechless and at the same time make me proud of my team.

I feel honored to learn that that you have enjoyed our services and facilities. Thank you for your compliments to the professionalism, warmth and dedication demonstrated by Gerardo Del Rosario, Ricardo Soler, Luis Bello, Gloria Riveras, Willy Mercado, Marleny, Richard Ortiz, Stephania Auguste, Miguel Jimenez, Carlos Seuno, Felipe Maye, Gladys Mole, Augstin Nunez, Juan Castillo, Pedro Cedano, Francisco, Leonardo, Osvaldo Acosta, Francisco Garrido, Clara Nunez, Miguel Guerrero, Barón Justo, Elizabeth, Kecia, Francisco Reynoso and Lara Mendez. We are aware that it is thanks to our great team that we are able to achieve our goal, the total guests´ satisfaction.

I am glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you will return in the near future.

Punta Cana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great overall experience food was good people friendly resort clean well manicured beach hated to leave Best part about our stay was" NICOLAS MARACALLO" our butler and" FRANCISCO CABRERA" our beach guy they made the experience top notch. Both extremely friendly ,knowledgeable and helpful with whatever we needed. I highly recommend you request these guys when booking your stay. They both went above and beyond to fulfill all our needs. Jason Brandts may 2014

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Jason Brandts,

It is an honor for me to know that you had a good experience during your recent stay in our property. As a service oriented company our devoutness is to provide quality service level beyond our guests´ expectation.

I am glad to know that you have appreciated the friendliness and willingness to service demonstrated by Nicolas Maracallo and Francisco Cabrera; they are big assets of Paradisus Palma Real.

Thank you for preferring us. Our team is already looking forward to welcome you again in this Paradise.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love this resort! It is so clean and well kept - I have never been to a place where all of the restrooms are clean all of the time!! The bartenders Leonardo and Jorge (fresh fruit) were always on top of their game! Richard Ortiz at the Palazzo was so attentive and courteous everyday. It was a pleasure to see all of these people as they always had a smile ready for you! Little Angel from activities is a joy - from the aqua spinning to dancing at night during the shows! Chef Alexis at Vento outdid himself with a meal that was out of this world!! OMG it was orgasmic! LOL Royal service is the way to go here and Elvis is extraordinary! Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is a stunner. Every time I looked up I felt like I wanted to take a picture. The rooms were very classy, very clean. The grounds were well kept, except for the lagoons, but those were being drained, so probably will be good as new in no time. The service was good. We had to ask for washcloths a couple times, but everybody's working for a tip so they do their jobs well. My only big complaint is with the restaurant reservations. It's true what you've read in other reviews. They need a new system in place. It's frustrating. You can see it on the customers' faces as they sit at the Guest Services desk. I was told to come back and recheck for openings 4 times for one of our dinners. They allow Reserve and Royal Service customers first pick. Their butlers come in and slip behind the counter and put in their reservations, as the regular Palma Real clients wait in line. However, you will not starve. The buffet is always open. And if you so choose, you can take a free shuttle to the Palma Real shopping mall and eat there, (not included in the All Inclusive dining of course.) The food was good. The servers are all professional. We booked our excursion from the desk downstairs without issue. We used Canopy Zipline Adventure. We also made use of the free mini catamaran. We were given a quick 15 min lesson and were good to go. They also had free snorkeling, but we didn't do it. There was alway music playing somewhere. It's not necessarily a quiet getaway. But we were fine with the upbeat vibe. I might mention we stayed in the Ruby building and it backed up to the Reserve portion of the hotel. We could hear their live music nightly til 10:15. It was fine for us, but others might not enjoy that. The evening shows were a nice offering for guests. La Cirque was good, minus the clown acts, and my favorite was the Legend of Michael Jackson concert. Amazing dancing!!

Overall, I'd recommend this resort. The turquoise water and white sand were the main reason I chose the Dominican Republic for a vacation. So with that and the great cabana shade, everything was peachy. The elaborate architecture and fountains were all icing on the cake. I'll be careful to check reviews to see that the reservations system has been improved though, before returning.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!