“Almost perfect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Punta Cana
“Almost perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This resort takes "all inclusive" to a new level. There is no reason to leave since every wish is granted. Treat yourself to a bubble bath staged by your butler, or savor a memorable dinner crafted by a Michelin chef.
Don't bother with those free cell phones to contact your butler though. They rarely work except out by the main pool.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Paradisus Palma Real. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,133)
staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The resort was relaxing and comfortable. We purchased the Royal Service package and were assigned a butler, Augustin Nunez who was so attentive and professional; he took care of all of our needs (dinner reservations, tennis reservations, travels back to the airport, and anything else we needed). The food at the Palazzo was excellent as was the wait staff, especially Yudelka who was so friendly and attentive. The yoga classes were excellent lead by Angel; the gyms were well equipped. Entertainment in the evening was fantastic, especially the dance lessons with Angel. The only room for improvement was transportation to the Reserve (spa treatments). They could use more golf carts to get you back and forth. Otherwise, would recommend Paradisus for a vacation to relax and indulge. Internet service spotty but on vacation I really didn't need to be "in touch" but for those who need this service, there is service in the main lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Joanne B,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful vacation with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about the exceptional service you have received from some staff members. I will personally pass on your comments.

I appreciate all your valuable observations.

We look forward your next visit. The paradise waits for you!

Edison, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have stayed at two other Paradisus' locations and have not been disappointed. The grounds are immaculate and the restaurants are top-notch. The fitness center is equipped with state of the art workout machines and staffed by qualified trainers who provide you with a fresh towel and a cold bottle of water. The water is not purified for drinking but the housekeeping service and beverage carts provide enough bottled water for patrons usage. The showers are a bit different and take time to get used to-too many different jets in various locations. Our bed was turned down each night and a piece of chocolate was provided. The housekeeping service had our room serviced before 11:00 AM everyday. There are ample amounts of lounge chairs and shaded areas by the pool and on the beach. The pool bar is staffed by very congenial and personable servers-Luis and Jose are the BEST!!! The resort is in walking distance to the Mall and the Melia Caribe resort. For those who wish to get shuttled there is transportation available to and fro. Wonderful resort!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on this trip.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction with the excellent service provided by Luis and Jose during your stay.

I look forward to have the opportunity to host you again soon at this, your second home.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I did a lot of research ( on trip advisor) before landing in Punta Cana. Before we left I signed the family up for Melia rewards. We had an amazing group of workers that made our trip even better! Camilo Pache was assigned to us and made all of our dinner reservations and any questions we asked. Luis Diaz at the swimming pool bar had drinks and chips ready for my children the moment we made it to the pool. "Our girls" who made us do different activities during the day! We LOVED them and the activities were amazing. Anejeli, Yhira, Yuki, Angel, Francisco, Leo and Yurion. We loved the cigar making, learning the history, wine tasting, candle making and on and on. Paulino for the outstanding service on the beach! The food is amazing. I know other reports said hit or miss with the food. My family and I enjoyed all the meals! Bana you must sit with FABIO. He makes the experience AMAZING. My kids are still talking about it. VENTO is absolutely my favorite!!! Yuderlui Javier was our server both times. My kids loved her and loved her red hair. If there is something you want, JUST ASK. Breakfast and lunch is held in Naos- Luis Severino and Junior took care of us all week. The ladies at the Kids Zone took care of my children as if I was right with them. The list of activites was age appropriate and fun. Gabi Beach was beautiful and lunch and dinner was very good. It was included in our package, but not with others. Aqua Restaurant at the Reserve was not my favorite of the week ( but my husband and sisters really enjoyed it) As you read other reviews they tell you to bring cash to tip. YOU MUST tip your servers, bartenders, cleaning service. I know it is included, but if you tip the workers, you will have some extra attention during your stay! We stayed in the main building rooms 1000 and up are really close to everything. Wifi is tough, but in the main lobby very strong signals. Our tv did have problems, but you are on vacation- why watch tv (and i even had 3 children with me) The shows/entertainment were amazing. Michael Jackson tribute, cirque, etc... We normally do not repeat visits on family vacations ( so many other parts of the world to see) but we are already talking about when we are going back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nora C,

We are glad to know that we have surpassed your expectations and thank you for your recognition on the excellent service and attentiveness provided by our staff members.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at this your home in paradise.

Paradisus Resort Punta Cana
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend two nights at the resort during our trip to Punta Cana. It is easy to see why the resort is rated so high on tripadvisor. On check in we were escorted to the VIP check in room where we were provided a cocktail. We were told that we could use the room for free internet plus each day there would be a continental breakfast if we wished or snacks later in the day. Completing the check in we were escorted by a bellman to our room which while "standard" in price is much more in service. Our room was huge with a great balcony and garden view. There was a double jacuzzi in the room and a bottle of wine on the dresser as our welcomming gift. We were also told that as a VIP we qualified to use the Gabi Beach area and pool. However the pool with swim up bar is one of the largest we have experienced in the Caribbean. We had a quick lunch at "The Market" and sat at a table overlooking the beach. Later we donned our swimsuits and could not believe how extensive the beach is. In no time we were relaxing on the very confortable lounge chairs while ordering a cocktail from the beachside beverage servers. At this resort just about all the restaurants are next to each other which is very convenient. They also have a large "Reserve area" for families with their own kids club and restaurants. I wish we could have stayed longer as we were spoiled by the fine bartenders and staff. The food was excellent (especially the lobster tails) we had at the Gabi Beach Restaurant. During the evening they had entertainment which ranged from a DJ to a guitar player and singer or a jazz group. While at the resort there was a large convention group in house which showed us how the resort can accommodate large groups for private dinners on the beach or at the pool without interferring with other guests. By the way they also have a large convention center. this resort is great for honeymooners and destination weddings in my opinion and you get all the same service regardless of room category. We will definitely return and stay longer. Did I mention that they also have a great spa

Room Tip: The Royal Service category rooms have ocean views but all rooms are basically the same and garden vi...
Dear Bill P,

Thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real as the place to spend your recent holidays as well as for having taken the time to share your experience with future travelers.

Your impressions on this trip are greatly appreciated and I am feeling proud to learn that we have achieved our goal-your total satisfaction.

I thank you again and hope to be your home in Punta Cana for next visit.

Bellingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited this resort for a "site inspection" as a potential option to host a company retreat. The service I received may have been above average because they were trying to impress me in order for my group to commit, but it was above and beyond amazing! The grounds are spectacular - felt that I was at a palace. The food was great along with the service. My group will be going back for our retreat and I hope to visit on leisure one day as well.

Dear Guest,

Words are missing to express our appreciation for letting us know about your satisfaction on this trip.

Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Allow me to say thank you for your kind compliment about our services. At Paradisus Palma Real we are fully aware that our guests are the centre of our activity and towards whom we address our constant efforts, aiming to provide each and every one of them a fully enjoyable stay.

We look forward to have the pleasure to hosting you again in the near future.

Norwell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent property and facilities. The staff is very accommodating. Ramon, Luis and Paulino were excellent at the swim up bar. The Romance Coordinator, Claribel De Los Santos, for the wedding we were attending was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Barry L,

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip. I am also delighted to know that my staff, in especial Ramon, Luis, Paulino and Claribel, went above and beyond to make sure you were completely happy.

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!