We came here for our annual family Caribbean holiday after reading the excellent reviews. After an amazing 11 nights here I can safely say this resort is fantastic and the staff are a real credit as they absolutely made the holiday for me.
We did not choose to have the Royal Service as many people do, and didn't feel as though we were missing out at all. Any member of staff is willing to help, especially around the main pool and clubhouse, where all the activity staff regularly come round to have a chat and rouse you up to dance or go to a cocktail workshop etc. I cannot praise them highly enough for keeping us entertained, they were always there to have fun and were extremely polite, especially as many people were rude about minor details that could not be helped, such as the time when the clubhouse had to wait for towels to be delivered from the laundry. In particular I will mention Fabio, Yubelkis, and Francisco who were always putting a smile on our faces.
In my opinion the evening entertainment was brilliant and I have never been to another hotel that even compares. The cirque, beach party with fire dancers, Michael Jackson, and Retro shows were the best in my opinion and everyone can join in to dance for the beach party and retro evening. The staff obviously work their socks off as they regularly work all day before performing in the evening with a huge smile on their faces and more energy than I could believe! These evenings were the highlight of our stay and we thoroughly enjoyed every night.
The sand is lovely, however the beach does have a lot of sea grass, though is still lovely to swim in if you don't mind this. The best beach we visited was the one on the Dune Buggy excursion (definitely a must do!) and the beach on Catalina Island. The advantage of the hotel beach is the reef further out, which is beautiful to dive and was my first experience of diving in reef caverns which was recommended by Jorge from Scubaquatic and ended up being free courtesy of the hotel.
The room was clean and comfortable, with a huge jacuzzi bath and a good balcony. We had a problem with our telephone which was quickly resolved, as well as a leak in the bathroom from the ceiling, but maintenance fixed it within a few hours. Most of the TV channels are in Spanish but there are English alternatives for many.
We mostly ate in the buffet as there were very few vegetarian options in the restaurants for me, although we did enjoy Vento and Mole. Food service was good but drink service in the buffet was a little slow. Most servers speak good English and will have a conversation with you, though it does help to know some Spanish.
I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat and was impressed by the whole experience. It is easily the most friendly island in the Caribbean and would recommend it to anyone wanting both a luxury holiday and a lot of fun and different activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Melia and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana