“Rest, Relaxation, and Royal Service!” 5 of 5 stars

PARADISUS SPECIAL OFFER
Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakeland, Florida
“Rest, Relaxation, and Royal Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were fortunate to spend a week at the Paradisus Palma Real in late June. It was a wonderful experience, with great surroundings and very attentive service. ~ It's truly a place where time slows down. I can still recall the serenity of lounging in our little beach hut. Very special thanks to Pedro Cedano for his superior service and friendliness! He is a treasure! ~ The Royal Service allowed a great experience at Palazzo, where we started every day feasting and practicing the local language with Smerlyn Olea, Richard Ortiz, and Alexander Guzman who took such great care of us! Muchas Gracias, Chicos! ~ For us, Royal Service was the way to go... our butler, Juan de Leon was always looking out for us and making sure we had a truly royal experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is an honor to hear that we have met your expectations and that our Royal Service was what you were looking for.

I am delighted to hear about your satisfaction on this trip and I am also delighted to know that my staff went above and beyond to make sure you were completely satisfied.

We cannot wait to your next visit.

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am a club member and 5th trip to Punta Cana; 3 times to Palma Real. The Good: The people are all very attentive and friendly. Specially: Luis Rubio and Laura Castillo at Passion restaurant, Devi Cuerto and Andy Florial at the beach. The hotel is beautiful and beach is great.
The bad: internet doesn't work so is hard to do any work as some of us have to at times, the washing machine wasn't working and not replaced in 2 weeks we stayed and asked to go do laundry at another room.... The all inclusive drink selection has gone down-hill. Gato Negro for house wine??? When i joined we had Spanish wines and more beer selection. The Beach towels are now old and stained. We ordered room service one day and after an hour and a half of waiting we called and we told the pizza had gone to another room and would be another 40 minutes. The food is bland and salt shakers don't work well.

• 3 of 5 stars
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all receive our gratefulness for the trust you have granted us in selecting our property for a third time.

On behalf of Luis Rubio, Laura Castillo, Devi Cuerto and Andy Florial, I would like to extend our gratitude for highlighting the excellent service provided by their attentiveness and friendliness during your stay. Therefore your compliments will be transmitted to them.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay was somewhat marred by the incidents you mention. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the inconvenience you may have endured and I assure you that I will be attentive as to avoid situations to lead us away from our goal. Nevertheless is worthy to mention that selected beverages compose our bar supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel.

I hope that these isolated occurrences do not deter you from coming back to Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, your second home.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've been to Punta Cana many times before, and this time we chose Paradisus Palma Real. It was a relaxing one week holiday for our family. The food was really good, lots of variety to choose from. Special thanks to Jose Manalo at Naos who has been super nice and attentive to all our needs.
The resort should consider having BBQ grill in Naos and Market Grill restaurant so that some seafood and meat can be grilled stead of pan fried. The Passion restaurant was awesome! Well worth the $50 per person.
The resort is well maintained and our room was extremely clean. No bugs or musty smell in our room like some other resorts we stayed before. Housekeepers did a super job everyday. The bed was so comfortable that we slept like a baby.
I always get lots of mosquito bites but this time I only had a few because they put those inscents in the planters to keep the bugs out.
The beach was swimmable, however lots of seaweeds.
Overall we had a fantastic vacation and would return again to Paradisus Palma Real!!!

Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that your experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort surpassed your expectations.

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by Jose Manuel at Naos. Our staff is always attentive in order to fulfill all your needs.

Many thanks for having shared your impressions and please rest assured that I took a good note of your remarks.

We will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The resort itself was very pretty with a lovely beach and facilities.

Our check in was late, so unfortunately we spent our first few hours wandering around miserably with our luggage in the clothes we had travelled in.

Our room was nice looking. The bed was comfortable enough and having AC was heavenly. However, I'm not really sure how having a kitchen is useful at an all-inclusive resort. The plug in the bath tub was also mysteriously difficult to open and close (not a huge complaint, but annoying when you want to relax).

Don't expect to use the WiFi anywhere but the lobby, and don't expect it to be a good signal.

There wasn't a lot to do at the resort at night, as the beach & pool closed at 7pm. Your options are mostly the casino and drinking, which may suite some people just fine. However, the performance we saw by Le Cirque one night was quite impressive and I would certainly recommend it.

The service at the hotel was very uneven. While probably the majority of staff was friendly and helpful, there were still many times when we found ourselves being ignored or brushed off. The ladies at the gift shop next to Bana seemed particularly rude.

The food was generally very disappointing. The buffets were sometimes okay, but other times attempting to cater to "American" tastes and doing so poorly. The room service food was abysmal and resembled really cheap cafeteria food. The food at Bana was okay, but the chef was obviously not actually trained in Teppanyaki style cooking. The one exception we saw was Molé which was very good and seemed more authentic.

There wasn't very much information available to guests and it was at times difficult and awkward to figure out how to do things like book restaurants for meals and arrange to do activities. Many of the desks have no helpful signs. This was particularly noticeable when we tried to book a restaurant for supper. The desk where you do this is tucked in a corner with no indication of it's purpose. It was also difficult to figure out when things were open and sometimes even where they were (such as the midnight buffet and Molé). It was also surprisingly difficult to find the beach towels as they were all tucked out of sight under a counter.

I suspect that the resort is all right with things like this being difficult because it encourages people to pay for the Royal Service package and have someone else deal with it (which is nice, but shouldn't be a necessity to have a good experience).

One other note I have is about the bracelets they attach to you when you arrive. I understand that they need some way to keep track of guests, but having it permanently attached to one feels more like being a tagged animal than a guest.

Room Tip: The rooms right in the main building are very conveniently located and require less walking around i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

The comments and suggestion of our guest’s are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I greatly appreciate the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

I am most disturbed to hear that your stay with us was not up what you expected. Please allow me to extend our apologies for the fact that we were not able to fulfill all your needs.

It is only by receiving this kind of constructive criticism that we are able to see exactly where improvements should be done in our hotels and consequently enable us to take the necessary steps to ensure that our company continues to maintain its position.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 5 night vacation at the fabulous Paradisus Palma Real. If you are looking for a great place for rest and relaxation, then this is the place. The resort grounds are beautiful filled with very elegant landscaping and architecture. My wife and I travelled alone (No kids for the first time). The service was great thanks to our butler Augustine, who took care of our every need from making restaurant reservations to reserving the same bali bed on the beach for us. Upon returning back to our suite after a long day at the beach Augustine had prepared our jacuzzi for a nice romantic evening. Also a special thanks to the entire staff, who where always checking to make sure every need and desire was met. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Shout out to Martin Tineo at the Royal Service Pool and Beach area. He made sure that we were supplied with drinks and whatever we desired while we just basked in the wonderful weather.

If you are looking for a place with a lot of activities and nightlife then you probably would not enjoy this particular resort as the pools and beach areas were pretty much shut down by 7pm with very limited (if any) entertained after that. That was fine with my wife and I as we were there for strictly R&R. However, if you have young kids or teenagers they will in all likelihood suffer from extreme boredom.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Glad to hear your comments about our facilities, architecture and grounds; it is thanks to the hard work of our gardening- as well as our maintenance-staff that we are able to maintain the landscaping this way.

Also I am proud to learn that you found in our resort the total relaxation and the attentiveness of our staff made your stay memorable.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will be more than happy to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the near future.

Sincerely.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I highly recommend this resort to everyone! I just got married here last week and couldn’t have been happier with the service. Massiel Jimenez and Nataly Angulo are two amazing people in the wedding department! We would go back just to see them again. I met Massiel Jimenez over a year ago when I went there for the love at first site tour. A year later, I see her she remembered everyone’s name in my family, our occupations, where we were from and our likes and dislikes. I was amazed that she still remembered us! Massiel does over 180 weddings a year and somehow she managed to make us feel like we were her only wedding for the year. Every bride’s fear is to be stressed and that something will go wrong the day of her wedding. However, with Massiel there she handled any problem that came along and made sure she took care of it without me finding out about it until the following day. She is an honest person that is dedicated to her job. Massiel gave me the wedding of my dreams plus more and for that I will never forget her. She puts so much thought into every detail and makes sure everyone is having a great time. I wish she were in charge of the Miami Romance office as well because she is a problem solver and knows how to get the job done. If people like Nataly and Massiel were in charge of the Miami office, everyone would be getting married here. My guests had the time of their lives. They said it was the best wedding they have ever been too! The spa is wonderful (you might go back more then once), the food is sooo delicious and the workers respond “it’s a pleasure” when you ask them to do something for you. I can’t rave about Massiel enough! Massiel Jimenez and Nataly Angulo treated us like family. They genuinely care about making sure each and every bride has the best experience of their life. My guests are already talking about going back for a one year reunion! Thank you Massiel for giving me my dream wedding! John and I will never forget all your hard work. We had the time of our lives!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danielle d
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear danielle d,

Foremost I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the destination to celebrate such special occasion, your wedding. I am proud to hear that this is going to be a memory that will last forever.

It is thanks to staff members such as Massiel and Natalia that we managed to create unforgettable moments…

Your comments are of the utmost importance to us and we will be expecting next year to host your anniversary.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the time we checked in we had excellent service. Our butler Sandy was awesome from getting us reservation for dinner, to helping the teens get settled with taking an excursion to swim with the dolphins. I would also like to give a shout out to Billy on the beach, Angel, Yubi and Alexander with all the activities they had planned! I found the restaurants to be great and having the Plazzo to go to with the Royal Service was a bonus. Awesome food. As well as Gabi Beach.
We all had a fantastice time and treated like queens and kings. I will say maybe the Night Life could be a little more things happening!!!
Well worth it and recommend Royal Service! We hope to return again

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms in royal service was quiet, accept we were near the maids area, so it was a little n...
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for me to hear that Sandy, Billy, Angel, Yubi and Alexander went the extra mile in their effort to turn your family vacation in an unforgettable moment. We are aware that staff members like them are our most important asset.

Thank you for your valuable comments and observations.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort, your home in paradise.