“Resort in paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #8 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
GC
“Resort in paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana and considered the vacation better than we expected. The resort was lush, clean and beautiful. Our stay was March 3-9 2013. The water was beautiful, there was a lot of seaweed on the beach but many areas of the water were clear blue. The ala carte dining at Royal Service was fabulous. Our servers Alexander and Miguel at Palazzo were sterling. Our butler Jeuri Ferreira paid great attention to detail and made our stay wonderful. He set up our jacuzzi with bubbles,Floating rose petals, champagne and strawberries all included. Our room service provider, Pedro was so pleasant and efficient. We also loved dining at Gabi and the buffet. Snorkeled , para sailed (extra)and kayaked. Great vacation! Internet service a bit sketchy . Weather partly cloudy , 80s some full sun days and rained for a bit twice. Espresso at Illy in the plaza the best! Drinks were great. Fabulous dinner at Vento. Pool was immaculate and pristine. We would definitely return for another stay. Join the Melia rewards for points and perks. We did book thru Expedia and feel we should still get points for our stay just as done in other rewards programs. We are not sure we are getting points for this stay which is a draw back of Melia forcing you to book on their website. I think they should have rewards just like all big hotel chains and give points for all stays considering the price of the room. When we emailed the hotel we asked if they had an elevator because we have bad backs and they said yes. They did not tell us the elevator was not in Royal Service. We had to get moved to the first floor because we could not manage all the stairs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Joann A,

The comments and suggestion of our guest’s are of the utmost importance and assistance to us and I greatly appreciate the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

I am glad to hear that your vacation have been better than you expected and it is clear to me that we have achieved our goal. Notwithstanding, your comments on improvement areas will be part of our daily work.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

5,076 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
Middlebury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The rooms and grounds are beautiful and well kept, the restaurants and food, terrific. But it was truly the very special people providing us with service who made this vacation memorable. Our Butler in Royal Service, Augustin Nunes, took care of our every request: cheese and fruit plates and an opened bottle of wine in the room when we returned at the end of each afternoon, a bubble bath ready with flower petals and tea lights and reservations at the different restaurants all taken care of. Thank you Augustin. Kimberley Mercedes, Hostess in Vento, the Italian restaurant, always greeted us with warmth, smiles and hugs. We wanted to bring her home with us. Estrella Garcia, Concierge, was always checking up on us and seemed to be everywhere we were. Another beautiful person we wanted to bring home with us. Francisco and Pedro the beach and pool butlers had our chairs and towels ready for us every day and eagerly took care of all of our needs. Francisco Mendoza, Barman in the M Bar, made having a martini like being at a show!!! All truly exceptional service professionals.

Room Tip: Get as close to the beach as you can afford.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of my entire team I would like to extend our gratitude for the time you took to share your experience.

I am glad to hear that you have been pampered by your butler Agustin and that he went above and beyond in his effort to made your stay as pleasant as possible.

Thank you for highlighting the exceptional service provide by Kimberly Mercede and Estrella Garcia at restaurants, Francisco and Pedro at the Royal Service Pool Bar and Francisco Mendoza at M Bar. Please rest assured that your compliments will be gladly transmitted.

We will be more than happy to welcoming you back in the near future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife Tonya and I chose Paradisus for our honeymoon . We were not disappointed ! The property is so beautiful ! Everything is within a short walk . The pools are amazing and the beaches are even better ! We signed up for the Royal Service , which includes a butler and some private pools for adults only . Our Butler Tony was absolutely 5 star !!! We already miss him ! He went above and beyond ! From bringing us fresh fruit and cheese plates everyday , to making dinner reservations for us every night , to helping us plan out an excursion , to making sure we had a bali bed reserved for us everyday by the pool , to surprising us with a romantic lit bedroom with our jacuzzi dressed up with exotic flowers , champagne and chocolate waiting for us when we got back to our room one night !!! He also took care of transportation , getting us drinks on the beach and just about everything else you can imagine !! If you choose the Royal Service , ask for Tony if you can!
The beaches are so well appointed !! Clean , cool sand , palm trees , aqua blue water , huts right on the beach serving fresh free fruit smoothies to Royal Service guests ! So many beds and chairs covered by huts , that you never have to worry about not getting one !! I dare you to find a better beach ! Also , the property makes sure that for our stretch of the beach has no para-sailing , jet ski's or anyone for that matter who can sell their services or launch from our beach . It's clean , safe and private.......which can't be said for the other resorts nearby !!!!
The restaurants were good to very good for the most part . The lobster was not good . I was looking forward to lots of free lobster , but only ate it one night and didn't ask for it again ! Drinks were free and plenty !! They gave us pina coladas inside a huge pineapple , a drink they call coco loco inside a huge coconut .....what's better than that ! You also have to ask for the banana mama's......soo good !!! The only restaurant that wasn't included in the all-inclusive was a spot called Passion . They have a well known chef their full time , and the cost is $50 a person . Let me tell you .......it is well worth it !!! We ordered the eight course tasting menu , and it was one of the five best dining experiences I have ever had !!! You won't forget it !!
The rooms are spacious , and the bathrooms are very nice . You get a stocked mini- fridge each day that is free.
The service was excellent for the most part , but was lower than standard in a few spots . I don't know why , but the women who worked at the Royal Service office were not very welcoming or smiley . I was not very happy with them at all on a few occasions ! Other than that , the staff was great !!!!
The resort even has a free cappuccino cart that is very good !!! One warning ......the nicer restaurants make you wear long pants and closed shoes....no flip flops !! Why , when your in paradise you need to do this is beyond me .....but keep this in mind when you pack !!!!
I absolutely loved our stay their and would recommend to anyone !!!
I hope this helped !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Alan s,

I would like to express my gratitude for selecting Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your honeymoon destination.

I am glad to hear that Tony went above and beyond in order to pamper you and create a magic ambiance full of surprises.

Exceeding expectations of our guest’s and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. We will be attentive to the behavior of our staff so as to avoid situations that lead us form the goal.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will be more than happy to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the near future.

Sincerely.

Carmel, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our third trip to the Dominican Republic. The last two times we stayed at different all- incusive resorts and this one was the best by far. The grounds are absolutely beautiful! We loved their beach! The staff is so warm and friendly. Everyone seemed to want to go out of their way to make us happy. On this note I would like to highlight one particular staff member that made our stay extra special, he was our room service professional, Jonathan. He is absolutely the best! Jonathan is a great asset to the resort. Without me asking, he set up morning coffee drop-offs accompanied by a new and different breakfast plate. He was always thinking ahead and his deliveries were always at the perfect time. Always when we wanted them. Its people like Jonathan that make the stay at the Palma Real special. Thanks again Jonathan! I will make certain to tell all my friends and co-workers about what a great time we had and refer as many people to this resort. With warm regards, Dennis and Kim

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Dennis F,

I would like to thank you for the trust you have granted us.

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes us even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable. Thank you for highlighting the kindness and dedication demonstrated by Jonathan.

Please consider Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as your second home and we will be waiting your next visit.

Guayaquil, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The employees are always kind, smiling and willing to help. They recommend you restaurants to have dinner at and whenever you are lost they take you to the place you want to go. The beach is beautiful and the food is Delicious, I went there for business but spent the downtime enjoying the resort, will definitely go back again on vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maria M,

I am glad to hear that your experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort surpassed your expectations.

Our staff is always attentive in order to fulfill all your needs with a smile in their faces.

Many thanks for having shared your imrpressions and we look forward to welcoming you back in your next vacation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently visited Palma real, the bet vaca I've had. Everrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Hotel. Was beautiful we'll kept grounds, beaches were spectacular ,food. Was great
At the royal service restaurant . Which by the way is the best way to do Palma real.
Our butler was. Such a pleasant experience and made being on vacation. Really feel like
Your on a lifestyles of the rich and famous show.the only thing I would recommend is you call
The hotel directly to confirm. Stay, make sure you speak to Palma front desk and get names of the people you speak to. But once you're there coco loco and sun on the beach all day .
Definitely. Going back. Royal service is the best !

Room Tip: Royal service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am proud to hear that your experience at our Royal Service surpassed your expectations and left a memorable impression on you. At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide service beyond guest’s expectation and it is a pleasure to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for having shared your experience with future travelers and I look forward to welcoming you back at this, your second home.

Beaconsfield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The view when you come in the hotel is lovely (view direct on the ocean). Rooms are nice and the staff, very helpful. Food was good and the beach, calm and blue. On the up side: the entertainment in the evening was the best that I have seen in an all inclusive facilities. On the down side: reservation to the restaurant (a la carte) was not easy and the choice of hours was not great.

The accommodations were well above standards

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our property as the place to spend your last vacation.

I am proud and grateful to hear about your satisfaction with the food, the beach and the evening entertainment. I am also delilghted to know that the view of the ocean from our front door has amazed you; needless to say, is fantastic!

I am quite concerned with your remarks related of dinner reservation system. Allow me to extend my apologies for any inconvenience you may have endured and I assure you that I have addressed these issues with the heads of the departments involved. Please let this not be motive to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!