“All inclusive is the way to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% discount
Ranked #7 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lula, Georgia
“All inclusive is the way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed for 6 days and wished we would never have to leave. Not a bad price for an all inclusive resort. I was taken back a little by the seaweed on the beach and in the ocean but its the ocean and I should have expected it....I just don't like seaweed, other than that the beaches were really nice. The resort staff was amazing and the food was fantastic. We enjoyed several shows that the resort put on nightly. All in all it was amazing and we will be going back again.

• Stayed February 2013
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel, Paradisus Palma Real, as the place to spend your last holidays as well as for having shared your impression with future travelers.

Exceeding the expectation of our guests is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide quality services and good attitude from the employees. I would like to apologize about the seaweed in our beach but we can’t actually do much. As you said, is the ocean.

Once more thank you for your good comments and for your constructive criticism. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Yours sincerely,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,318)
  • Indonesian first
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from this fabulous resort. While we got off to a rocky start with them unable to find our reservation, they quickly did their best to make us feel at home and we understand that nothing ever goes exactly as planned.
We were in the Royal Service area and loved every minute of it. The seperate restaurant was fabulous the Butler Service and our Butler Jose S. was spectacular. Francesco on the beach and at the pool was such a pleasure everyday, doing his best to take care of our every need. The bartender Nelson, again, very happy and accomadating. The employees here are happy and gracious. They treat you like royalty no matter where you stay at this resort. We had servers in one rest. that would see us in a different one and make sure we got the drinks we liked. They all seem to have good memory of people. We loved Annebelle in the Royal Service Bar and Carlos Feliciano I think it is that worked all over the place in the many restaurants and so many others. Alejandro at the front desk.

You won't be disappointed at this resort and if something does disappoint you tell them and they will do their best to make it better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as the place to spend your last holidays as well as for having shared your experience.
It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience with us left a memorable impression on you. At

Paradisus Palma Real Resort, we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I am proud to learn that you have enjoyed your experience at Royal Service with us due to the friendliness demonstrated by of our staff members Jose, Francesco, Nelson, Annabelle, Carlos Feliciano, and Alejandro. I will personally make sure that your compliments will be gladly transmitted.

We thank you again and hope to be your home in Punta Cana.

Yours sincerely,

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

In appearance, this is really is a nice resort. Very nice pools and beach. Having the beds with tiki coverings over it by the pool and beach is very nice, and I noticed other resort nearby did not offer this. Dining was pretty good. Some restaurants were better then others, with the buffet being the only one I thought was kind of sub standard. Many buffet foods were not heated properly and were cold. The room's appearance is very nice. The grounds are well maintained, with good landscaping. The shows they offered were nice and enjoyable.

The major issue with this resort is its need for skilled maintenance people for the machinery. As I have read in many other reviews, the first room we were given had a horrible mildew smell coming from the AC vent. I know this is a tropical area near the beach with high humidity, but this was overpowering. We had to stay in this room the first night as they said they had no other rooms which is kind of unbelievable with the size of this resort. This problem could be fixed if they performed the proper maintenance on their AC system and insert the necessary air filters to prevent the stench rushing throught the vents. The next day we were moved to another room which was more tolerable, yet the mildew smell was still slightly present. The hot water is another major issue. Our first room with the horrible smell had hot water in the shower, but not the bathtub. The second room had barely warm to luke warm water for the shower. The last 2 nights we had NO hot water, even after a maintenance person came to our room the first night we lost hot water. During checkout, a woman at the other desk was practically in tears because she had no hot water for days and could not shave her legs. I let her know she was not alone, and she was in a different building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Josh S.,

I am quite concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction and the situations related with the maintenance service and I would like to extend my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you may have faced.

Your observations will be discussed with my managing team in order to apply corrective measures and thus fine-tune with the operation. We put greatest attention to the comments and suggestions of our customers as it the only way to detect rooms for improvements.

If you consider giving us a second chance in the future, please let us know and we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant stay as possible.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friend and I just came back from a 7 day holiday at Paradisus Palma Real Resort. Two women travelling on their own could be a little worrisome. We never felt we needed to at this resort. There are 3 resorts (I think it was 3) on one compound. It was huge and you never had to leave it as everything was there even a shopping mall! We felt safe walking around it, in fact we went for a couple of runs around it. We walked outside in the evenings and never felt unsafe.

Now the fun part - there are so many activities going on every day and the instructors are so much fun - Yira, Angel, Fabio and many others made our trip so much fun!!! Make sure you ask for the activity schedule at the reception desk when you arrive. The day is full of different activities. We took dancing lessons with them in the morning for 30 mins outside and then in the evening at the bar they danced with everyone so we got to practice our dance moves - we are not young but we kept up with them. We took dance fit, yogapilates, and if we had more energy, could have done much more. The dancers/activity instructors were just the best. I have never laughed so much!!! I am a recent widow and they just brought the fun out of me which I needed. They really made our trip so enjoyable - thanks Yira, Angel, Fabio and the others - sorry I can't remember all your names - for making our trip a memorable one!!!

There was a show of some sort every night and they were fabulous - Michael Jackson is alive and in Punta Cana! The beach went on for miles, in fact we never did reach the end on our walks. There is snorkelling, diving right there with just a short boat ride. Most activities are free except parasailing but it was only $45 US - I thought very reasonable.

The food was fabulous! We watched what we ate so we wouldn't get sick but after the first few days forgot about that and ate everything and anything and neither of us got sick. It was an all inclusive and there was never a shortage of anything or places to get whatever you wanted. There are many restaurants on the property included in the all inclusive and all had great food. We ate in a different restaurant every night and didn't get them all covered.

There were different pools, beach loungers with straw huts for escape from the sun for a little snooze. The sand was unbelievable, so fine and clean!!!

Rooms were beautiful with a small patio/balcony to sit out on. We were in the Club Melia portion of the hotel and couldn't have stayed in a nicer place! The grounds are kept beautifully! The people are very friendly and if they couldn't answer your question, they would direct you in the right direction.

This IS a five star resort and some!!! I would highly recommend it! Make sure you ask for Angel, Fabio and Yira to ensure you have as much fun as we did!!!

Pam

Room Tip: I have chosen excellent for all of the above because it is truly an excellent place to stay. The roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Mrs. Pam,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort for your vacation as well as for letting us know about your recent stay.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding to our Activities staff such as Angel, Fabio and Yira. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. You may rest assured that I will gladly pass on your compliments to them.

It is a big pleasure to hear that you found the restaurants, the beach, the rooms and all the facilities wonderful. We keep working on that in order to get excellent comments and feelings of the most important aspect, our clients.

We greatly appreciate the time you took for share your impressions and we are looking forward to have the pleasure in welcoming you back at your second home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had an amazing time with my family for our 6 day stay at the Palma Real. The service we received was wonderful. Winston and Camilo helped us from the minute we got off the shuttle, Juan Carlos is the man to go to for all of your beach and drink needs, and Michelte was a wonderful swim up bartender. None of us wanted to leave and agreed that it was the most relaxing vacation we had been on. I can't wait to go back and hope that everyone is still there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, Director General at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort to spend your holidays. Reading reviews as yours is a pleasure to us, because offering experiences as yours are what we are aiming for each day.

I am proud to read your remarks on our Staff, helping you from the shuttle when you arrived until you left. We are aware that the kindness of our Staff members makes our guests stay even more memorable.

We will be expecting you in "paradise".

Dunmore, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Palma Real, purchased the Royal Package. We had an excellent time, grounds were beautiful and well kept. Rooms we clean, service was excellent. Our Butler Juan went above and beyond, and also Fred in Room Service was extremely kind and helped with our every need. Francesco and Francesco worked very hard throughout the day to make our stay on the beach relaxing and enjoyable. Food was very good.
The only one complaint I have is no top shelf alcohol. It was very limited. Only one kind of beer and no good vodka or tequila. I think for the price of this stay you should have your pick of various kinds of alcohol and beer. In the all inclusive ROYAL PACKAGE if feel for the price of this deal you should have all these amenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort. I feel proud to read about the service offered by Juan, Fred and Francesco in going above and beyond to ensure you a memorable stay.

Please do not doubt that I took a good note of your observations, in order to improve on the points made in your review.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at your second home.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been to other resorts including the Paradisus Punta Cana - Reserve.Which is perfectly fabulous in its own way. However, Paradisus Palma Real is the rela deal. Service and Food was excellent, as good as I hace had at aby 5 star resort.
A few specfic names to mention: Christian Ortiz - Room Service - Delivered breakfast everyday / same time without issue. Butler: Carmen was amazing !
Palazzo Restaurant - Alexaner and Smerlyn Olea were simply wonderful.
And, Franscisco Cabrera, Pedro, Martin, Nelson and all the great guys that took great care of us at the pool and beach. Whatever we needed - it was handled. Cant wait to go back.!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - You will not be dissappointed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my gratitude for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort for your last holiday.

It is a pleasure for me to learn that we have surpassed your expectations. However, it makes us even happier to hear that the kindness of our staff made your stay memorable.

I will transmit your compliments and will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!