This is a beautiful resort and the staff did their best. We were in the "Royal Service" section which has many privileges, without these the rating would have been lower.
Starting with the good. The beach, the pool awesome. If I wanted to go somewhere and be pampered and just lay around. This is hard to beat. The beach guy worked his butt off to make you happy he was overworked but always smiled. The Royal Service had it's own bar and restaurant, We learned just to eat most our meals there. The gym was very good. Several bikes, treadmills, and weights. And I must mention, only premium booze, no second tier stuff.
The not so good. Hair dryer did not work, TV had no picture, electricity goes out a lot so the clock was useless. Nice booze in the room, no glasses so we used coffee cups. No internet in the rooms unless you are close to lobby or bar.
Most the bars around the pools are under staffed and during our week we were never asked if we needed a drink (except by the over worked guy setting up chairs.) Food was average outside of the Royal Service. The food was so bad at the Thai restaurant that we just walked out. It was obvious that there was a buffet in the kitchen and you were just "plated" . We heard the same from several guests.
Compared to other resorts, activities were minimal. It appears that this place caters to corp events, several evenings there were corp events going on that occupied most of the venue so your choice was to sneak in with them or go sit at the bar. Again, if you just wanted to "hang" it was not so bad. Lot's of things were not available because they were being "repaired". Also, only 2 bathrooms for the entire beach and pools. For 2 days one of them was closed for painting, really? That should have been done during the evening.
Now I don't mind getting my own drinks and making things right myself and being in charge of my schedule so we had a great time. But it is the little things that add up. This place has the potential to be great it needs better management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Melia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana