We have travelled to several resorts in the Carribean and read the reviews for this and and were very excited to go! Upon arrival we were greeted very warmly and then shown to our room, that is when things changed, our room smelled like we were dropped off in a sewer. We spent the night and when we awoke my husbands throat was sore from the odor. I asked to be changed and by lunch time that did happen. I might have thought this was just bad luck but we were travelling with 2 other couples and they had the same problem. Unfortunately for them it took most of their day waiting in there room to be promised just one more hour and we will move you will that hour was all day.
The next morning we made reservations for dinners for the week and they were written down for us and after the first nights dinner they lost all of the rest so instead of standing in the lineup for another 1 1/2 hours were went to the buffet. Having said that the food was good and lots of variety.
The beach is great for taking long walks. There is quite a bit of grass in the water but still quite nice.
Sevice was good and staff were friendly.
Would I go back to this resort? Probably not very touristy in this area - helicopters, boats and more boats zooming back and forth. For the money we spent we were very disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Melia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.