Just returned from our 2nd visit to the Paradisus Palma Real in the DR and it didn't disappoint! The property is beautiful, the service is awesome (even without having Royal Service), the beaches are spectactular and the weather is absolutely PERFECT and the food is greatly improved since our last visit...very impressed!!
But MOST of all it is the STAFF that head up the outdoor activities as well as the evening activities that make this resort special!!!! The dance classes everyday at poolside are terrific especially with my fave dancing partners RODOLFFO, JOSE and YIRA as well as Leo, Joangel, Rachel, Maria & Angel. This group of activity leaders are very special & can just make your stay extra special!!! Thank you!
The ONLY disappointing experience we had was at The Gabi Beach Restaurant which is NOT included in our package, but we enjoyed it last time & wanted to try it again & was willing to pay for the experience.
WELL, the food was so awful that after ordering 2 different entrees because our lobster was inedible, we told them to just bring the check...we actually could not eat the food! And we have NEVER done this at a restaurant!!! They were gracious & told us that there would be NO CHARGE but the experience left us literally with a bad taste in our mouth! Who knows, could have been a bad night for the chef but we could tell that this food was cooked hours, maybe days ahead of time.
We had to stay an extra night due to the blizzard in New York & our flight being cancelled & even with the hotel booked they were able to keep us in our room and accomodate the extra (glorious) day in paradise!
BUT...this is still a spectacular resort and we would not hesitate to go back!
MUCHAS GRACIAS MI AMIGOS......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana