Hi, Just got back from a week at Palma Real Paradisus. This place is just what you are looking for. Immaculate resort with some of the nicest employees you will find on the planet.
First off, the accomodations. We were not at the Reserve nor had Royal Service. We like being around other people and our room was great. A nice comfortable bed and pillows, Clean towels every day or so - I wasn't keeping track because I used my same towel till it was gone and new ones were there. The room was picked up each day, turned down service and the fridge was stocked with water, a few sodas and a bottle of wine which I never opened. All you had to do was ask and there would be whatever you wanted stocked. We had room service coffee delivered on morning and it took 15 minutes and my wife ordered breakfast and she had to wait a whopping 20 minutes! We had a nice porch, shower and nothing in the room was not up to a high standard.
Next the food. The Naos buffet was large and offers whatever you could possibly want for breakfast, lunch or dinner. No need to feel that you are getting the same thing everyday - there is a lot of variety and there is fish and beef cooked to order as well as all sorts of prepared dishes, breads, fruit, salad, cereals. If you can find something to complain about you are making too much of an effort. The hostess staff and the waiters are all very nice, enjoy conversation and appreciate you being in their resort. There is a sandwich bar for a quick bite, a hamburger/nacho, hotdog kind of place all afternoon and you can get a coffee at the coffe bar.
The dinner restaurants are nice too so you feel like you are in a different place at night. Our favorite was Vento, because of the open seating.
The activity schedule is fun and I stongle urge you to do things like beach volleyball, dance lessons, make a cigar or learn about Doninican mamahuana- the national drink. Rodolfo Castillo is tireless in getting you involved and his enthusiasm is contagious. Yira gets the group together for volley ball, there is JoAngel, Angel, Rachel, Edwar, Leo, Ivelisse, Yubi, and finally Jose. Jose was our activity person 7 years ago when he was 20 at the Paradisus Punta Cana and now has two kids! These people are the life of the resort. You can do as little as possible or as much as possible but they are fun and will make your vacation experience more enjoyable.
The shows are put on each night and choeographed by Maria. She is a beautiful person and it is obvious she takes great pride in putting on theses shows for the guests. They are a nice way to end the day and spend a little time after dinner enjoyng music and dance.
OK, then there is the pool bar with Luis, Ramon, Paulino. There is nothing like it. When you are at their bar you are family. These guys work their butts off and do it with the biggest smiles and fun attitudes that you would think they are just one of your friends on vacation who are making you drinks! we liked to go to the pool at 4 pm and spend an hour chatting with the other guests. Don't be surprised when your drink is delivered to you at the pool balanced on top of the bartenders head!
I went Scuba diving three days, twice with Val from Italy as the Master and the other day with ??? I am sorry I forgot his name, we went on reef and cave dives and it was alot of fun hanging out at the dive center.
What else can I add???? the lobby bar, which is the center for evening cocktails had very good entertainment and the activity people are there to have you put your dance lessons to work.
The gym is well equipped, the attendant wouldn'y allow me to wipe down the treadmill - he took care of it as well as making sure I had water and a towel, the Spa was nice, we had a couples massage and Sylvia and ?? were great.
We also played tennis, raquets and balls are there for your use, we signed out paddles to play on the beach and spent time reading.
This resort is beautiful but the people make it special. Introduce yourself and you will be greeted all week by your first name. I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana