“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My new hubby and I had the pleasure of spending two weeks at this resort. We arrived a few days before our wedding guests and stayed an extra week to enjoy our honeymoon. We had such a great time that the hiccups that occurred seem minor as I look back. With that said, I will focus on the amazing staff members we came in contact with.

The one team that was consistently providing top notch service was the dining crew. They gave us superior service from day 1. They learned who our family and friends were (35 ppl) and took excellent care of them as well. The hostess Kimberly Mercedes was extremely personable and kind. She set up a special area in the main dining room just for us so that our guest could find us easily during any meal. The servers learned our likes and dislikes and seemed to have a steady flow of the "likes" before being asked. Thank you Domingo Jimenez, Carlos Trinidad, Kimberly and Yuderdui Javier, for making our stay with you such a pleasant memory. The head chef, Juan was awesome also. We arrived at the hotel starving but in between meals; not a lot to choose from on the buffet at all. Juan was kind enough to prepare something fresh and of substance despite being in the middle of preparing for the dinner crowd and a huge corporate event. Juan also oversaw the preparation of the food for our wedding reception and everything was delicious and flavorful. Not always an easy task with a buffet! Again, thank you for making my wedding day everything I hoped it would be. All of you rock!

The Romance team was accommodating and created an environment of confidence. They work well together and although there were a few challenges, overall they did a great job. Thank you Mariela for making my wedding extraordinary and Massiel for doing all you could to ensure we were happy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on this trip.

Exceeding expectations of our guests and offer a truly exceptional experiences is our goal. Therefore I am delighted to hear that Kimberly went above and beyond in their effort to turn your stay in a memorable experience; As well as Domingo Jimenez, Carlos Trinidad, Yuderqui Javier and the Chef Juan. Please rest assured your compliments will be gladly transmitted.

Once more, thank you for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We travel yearly. We look for sun, fun, family friendly. We value customer service. Hotel Paradisus Palma Real was a good fit. Ramon Fuego at Paradisus Palma Real MADE the experience GREAT! This is a guy with personality plus! Mr. Fuego works the pool swim up bar. He served ice cream to the kids, drinks to adults, and a warm smile and hug to all that passed. I'd recommend Hotel Paradius Palma Real for a quality get-away and Mr. Ramon Fuego as a fast friend. Look him up--Tell him "hello" from the family from Oklahoma and Arkansas"----

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort for your last holidays as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that our bartender Ramon “Fuego” went the extra mile in his effort to turn your vacation in an unforgettable moment. We are aware that staff members like him, are our most important asset.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcoming you back at this, your second home.

Sincerely

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Royal Service at the Palma Real is our annual New Year's getaway. The beach front location coupled with the adults only setting and the attentive butler service make this a very appealing option. The rooms are nothing to write home about, but if you can spring for ocean views, it is amazing to relax on your balcony in the evening and soak in the views. What really makes all the difference are the people who work hard to make your vacation perfect. This includes the butlers and lounge staff and especially the pool bar and beach staff. The beach staff are amazing, they know us well as we come annually, and our beach beds are always at the ready. Their smiles and warm daily greetings are wonderful.

There are many changes this year at Royal Service. There is a new resort manager, who is very much present on the property and goes out of her way to meet guests and ensure that everyone has an enjoyable stay. Kudos to her! There is a new, large dedicated lounge and excellent dedicated restaurant. However, it seems the resort has expanded the number of Royal Service rooms, and it seems like half the hotel guests are staying in Royal Service. This expansion means that it no longer feels exclusive, which is a loss. The beach area has been expanded, but it jammed packed with people in peak time. Royal Service has for years been a place where the beach is tranquil and not crowded, this is no longer the case.

All in all, if you are staying at the Palma Real and can afford Royal Service, it's worth it. Your stay will be more enjoyable. You will avoid all the drunks and the loudness of the main pool and beach.

There is a rumored project to improve internet speed. I hope that by next year it will resemble acceptable internet speeds.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

We believe that only by listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we are able to immediately detect areas for improvement. Please rest assured that your observations were taken with the utmost consideration.

Once more thank you for your constructive criticism and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back at this, your “home away from home”.

Huntersvile NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family just returned from the Paradisus Palma Real. We are a family of 5, myself and my husband and three children, son 20 yrs old and twin daughters 18 yrs old. I wanted to take a famliy trip since all the kids would be home from college for winter break, I decided on the Paradisus Palma. Once I booked the trip I read the reviews daily, I was alittle nervous but once we arrived my fears were gone. The hotel is beautiful. We did the Royal Service and were lead to the check in area, given a drink and cold towel and checked in very quickly. Some reviews said it took hours but we had no trouble. We were then introduced to our " butler" Ramon Avila. I was unsure about the idea of a butler, I figured we would probably not have a need for one but Ramon, truely made the trip great. He was so nice and pleasant and helpful! He seemed to sense my fears and made me feel at home very quickly, he was always available, he made our dinner reservations and helped us with any questions we had, he checked in with us daily and we all really enjoyed getting to know him. The resort was not crowded at all so he was able to spend time with us and we really enjoyed learning about the culture and the language. I can honestly say he made the trip for us! The resort and beach are beautiful, there is some seaweed but not enought to be a problem. The rooms were clean and the maid service was good. I know some said there was a problem with mold or a "smell" in the rooms, we did not have a problem, there was a slight smell due to the high humidity but it was nothing to complain about. We started on the ground floor but after a night we asked Ramon if we could move to a higher floor for a better view. He took care of us, moved our things to the third floor. We had two rooms, one for us and one for the kids, no complaints for either room. We requested a roll away and the kids each had a bed! Food was very good, better than I thought after reading some of the reviews. My least favorite was Bana, it was just ok and the service there was the worst. All the others we ate at were great, Plazzo, Gabi Beach, Vento all were very good. With 5 of us eating each meal no one had any complaints! The bartender at the Royal service bar and all the other staff at the Royal Service pool were great. Bayron at the from door also made us feel welcome and at home. I would highly recommend the resort. We enjoyed the shows and went to the casino and had fun. My husband and son did go to the Hard Rock for a bigger casino experience but we all had fun playing in the casino on site. If you are looking for a wild party atmosphere this is not the place, we have been to many all inclusives and have been to the party type hotels, this is much more relaxing and spa like place with good drinks and good food. The beach is one of the nicest. I would recommend the Royal Service, it was well worth it. As I said, Ramon made our trip, he is a great guy and I can't thank him enough for how well he treated all of my family, we all loved him! If you can get him as your butler you have nothing to worry about. I hope to return someday!

Room Tip: We did not pay for the ocean view, I think that would be nice, if you have garden view, I would sugg...
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your recent visit.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience at our Royal Service left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once more, thanks’ for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at this your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed at this resort with my family to book our upcoming wedding. Last minute we were upgraded to Royal Service and met our butler Julio Polanco. He was amazing and made us feel like we were in paradise. One night, my sister wanted chocolate covered strawberries and though they had none in the hotel he somehow made it happen. If you are thinking of doing royal service ask for Julio! He made us feel so reassured and excited that we are having our wedding at this beautiful resort. The pool was amazing, the food was great and so many choices, great club, friendly staff. Even if you don't choose the royal service every room in the resort is huge!!! The beds were so soft. Only downfall, a lot of seaweed on the beach. I wish it was cleaned more often. I can't wait to go back soon to get married...we are definitely asking for Julio again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear about your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as well I would like to thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to write your impressions.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. I am proud to hear that Julio Polanco went above and beyond in his effort to fulfill all your needs. It is thanks to staff members like him that we can make the difference.

We are expecting to have the pleasure to celebrate your wedding in the nearest future.

Onsted, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We vacationed here with my daughter and son in law. We upgraded to Royal Service. Was wonderful. The resort and beach are beautiful. The food very good. Everyone was very nice. I came down with the flu the day before our departure from the resort. Was very well taken care of.
Our royal service personal attendant Agustin Nunez was wonderful the whole week. Will definitely return in the future.

Dear Guest,

I look forward to hosting you again in the nearest future at this, your second home Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

On the 3rd day of a 7 day trip to Paridisus PalmaReal Punta Cana and we can't wait to get home...terrible food, horrible service... My partner is sick in bed due to food, all inclusive activities booked, no one will answer phone....not worth the 6000.00 we spent to get here. Will go to Atlantis or Hawaii next time......HUGE Rip Off!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to air your concerns regarding after having stayed with us

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected as well as to know that your partner became sick during your stay, hope that he has fully recovered; since the health and well being of our guest's are our top priority. Nevertheless I would like to mention that Paradisus Palma Real have contracts with several internationally organized food audit companies that periodical audits of all our Food and Beverage areas. These companies check to ensure the correct food handling procedures are occurring and also verifying the water supply in all areas. I consider important to mention that carefully selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel. However, we are sorry that our food did not meet your expectations.

My apologies for any inconvenience you may have faced and you may rest assured that your observations have been addressed and discussed with my Managing Team in order to fine-tune with the operation.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!