“A Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Durham, North Carolina
“A Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 7 days. We stayed in the Royal Service Area of the resort. The room was very well appointed and it had nice, new furniture, bed, and decorations. The floor was marble, and there was a large whirlpool tub. The service was excellent. We had our own butler, and he was very attentive to our needs. The butlers name was Agustine. The Royal Service Area has its own private pool, pool bar, and beach. The bartenders and wait staff were friendly, kind, and very service oriented. They did a great job. We got to know them all very well. In particular, Pedro Cedano, Fransisco 1, and Fransisco 2 were awesome. The food was also excellent. Overall, I give this facility an excellent rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for having shared your impressions on this trip. At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence. Therefore I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding to our Royal Service staff such as Agustin, Pedro, and both Franciscos. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. You may rest assured that I will gladly pass on your compliments to them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again, at this “your home away from home”.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,018)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

The organization i work for chose this resort to celebrate our christmas party... What a mistake.

To start off, the checkin process lasted for hours and was very disorganized. Food was terrible, bad taste, bad look, i've had better food on lower prices/stars hotels in the zone.

Service in the restaurants was awful... Waitress did not pay enough attention to us, for three times one of them dropped cups of wines and water in the ground, spilling wine on our clothes, there was pieces of sharp glass everywhere on us, my girlfiend had few cuts on her body (nothing serious) and my white clothes was ruined. After this accident no one came close to us or took responsability for this... We should had sued them...

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this terrible resort!

• Stayed December 2012
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest,

I am most disturbed to hear about the situations described and your dissatisfaction with our services. Please allow me to extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have endured while on site

It is worthy to mention that these isolated occurrences are not the common in Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort and does not represent in any way our Hotel and our Company Meliá Hotels International. I understand that my team tried to do their best to redress the situation by finding immediate solutions to the issues that you exposed.

I deeply regret that Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort did not meet your expectations and I would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring these matters to my attention.

Sincerely

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

One of the reasons I booked this resort was because I had friends that went there in 2008 and raved about it, they are fussy about resorts and don't like all-inclusive but were impressed with PPR. I booked this trip as a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend and feel like we were cheated. First, from talking to a lot of people the quality and service of this resort has declined severely over the years, which was apparent.
first I was assured by Delta vacations that I had Royal Service, twice they checked with the resort and I was assured that was what we had. Upon arrival I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to Royal service for an additional $200/person/night! This would have added another $2400 to what I had already paid. Neither the resort or Delta vacations would do anything to help (Incidentally don't book through Delta vacations, customer service is HORRIBLE)
Edgar, our vacation concierge was helpful to us, got us something to eat and drink, then a whirlwind tour of the property that left out most of it, but he did make all of our dinner reservations for us that first day which was extremely helpful. Once he found out we didn't want to hear the time share talk or have any interest in buying a time share he was inadvisable to us.
Our room was clean an quiet, we did leave the maid a tip each day except one day we forgot and our room wasn't cleaned very well and we didn't get clean towels. The rooms are starting to show their age and could use some renovations.
One day we had massages at Yhi spa, $110/person for 50 minutes. Don't waste your time or money, message was terrible and there were a couple times I felt almost violated.
The food, where to start? First of all there is on;y one buffet available, it is small and crowded and the food is terrible. There isn't much variety and you have to practically beg to get coffee or refills in the morning, unless of course bribe them ahead of time. It is bribing here not tipping. Tipping is rewarding for good service, here you don't get good service unless you pay for it ahead of time. The ala cart restaurants are okay, but again really nothing special. The staff in the ala cart places is less than helpful, most of them cannot explain the menu and the majority of them speak little or no English so you are kind of at their mercy and just hope you get something close to what you think you ordered. There were a couple that took very good care of us though and I ws happy tip them well.
The bars, this is the only resort I have ever been to where you had to pay extra for top shelf brands. Again, you have to bribe the bartenders to get a decent drink. The first night we were there I had mojitos, the second night I asked for a mojito and the bartender said her couldn't make them. I ordered vodka tonic and 4 waitresses had to come and try and figure out what I wanted because they didn't understand "tonic". Again, you have to bribe them for good service or a drink that even has a hint of alcohol in it. I have no problem tipping, you provide me good service I will take good care of you but seriously the amount you end up tipping her gets to be quite ridiculous, bring a lot of $5 and $1's because if they won't make change for you. Seriously, for 7 days and 6 nights, it cost us about $600 in tips to get any kind of service.
this resrt is about two things, trying to get you to dish out more money to upgrade to Royal service and trying to sell you a vacation time share, if you don't want to do either of those things, they don't want anything to do with you and you are basically ignored. I have stayed at better resorts for half the price, this place is way over rated and way over priced. If this is the best resort in Punta Cana I would hate to see the worst, would not recommend and would never go back,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Lisa,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected. I assure you that all your observations have been taken with the utmost importance; therefore your comments on improvements areas have been shared with my Manging Team and it will be part of our daily work to make sure to have it corrected on a short term.

Once more, thank you for your constructive criticism and I hope to have the pleasure to serve you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at this resort the year if first opened six years ago. We were very impressed the first time and very excited to go back. The staff is very friendly. The gardens and resort itself are beautiful. Our room did not smell and was very nice. Room service was excellent. All in all, we really liked it here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned after a wonderful week of relaxation in a beautiful setting. Wonderful food, attentive staff and a very comfortable one bedroom unit. Alberto Mercedes Ruiz, our concierge, met us each morning with a big smile and warm greeting. He was more than helpful, making sure we had our dinner reservations made and ready to help with anything we might need. This was my second time at the Palma Real and the friend I traveled with was very impressed with her first visit. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you have visited us for a second time due to the excellent impression we left in the first visit.

I would like to thank you for letting us know that you have enjoyed our facilities, as well as the friendliness of our staff. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I appreciate your compliments to Alberto Mercedes; therefore I am very proud to hear that they did his best in order to turn your vacation in a memorable stay.

We will be expecting your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great resort, excellent food, and gracious service. Have returned again and again.
You can't go wrong. Great for families or romantic getaway. Passion restaurant is one of the best I have been too. Gabbi beach restaurant is also great.

Dear Greg,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you have had a wonderful stay and that you have enjoyed our facilities, service as well as our gastronomical offer.

We will be expecting your next visit.

Maineville, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is one of the nicest resorts that I have visited, I loved it! There are beautiful pools, views, gardens, architecture, scenery. The energy of the entire place almost feels like you are at a spa, very calming and serene. There are lots of well-planned activites, and the staff is great! Especially Apolinar Santana who helped out a lot! Aesthetically it was by far the nicest resort I've been too... the food was decent, but definitely not a highlight. Several restaurants were good, but overall the food was only okay. Overall, I definitely recommend it, whether for business, pleasure, honeymoon, wedding, or just a getaway. A great experience.

Dear Mark,

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

I greatly appreciate your comments about facilities, architecture and grounds; it is thanks to the hard work of our gardening- as well as our maintenance-staff that we are able to maintain the landscaping this way.

I feel proud to hear your compliments towards Apolinar Santana, I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

I look forward to welcome you again in the near future at this, your second home.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!