“Our second time staying at this great place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Our second time staying at this great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at this resort the year if first opened six years ago. We were very impressed the first time and very excited to go back. The staff is very friendly. The gardens and resort itself are beautiful. Our room did not smell and was very nice. Room service was excellent. All in all, we really liked it here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned after a wonderful week of relaxation in a beautiful setting. Wonderful food, attentive staff and a very comfortable one bedroom unit. Alberto Mercedes Ruiz, our concierge, met us each morning with a big smile and warm greeting. He was more than helpful, making sure we had our dinner reservations made and ready to help with anything we might need. This was my second time at the Palma Real and the friend I traveled with was very impressed with her first visit. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you have visited us for a second time due to the excellent impression we left in the first visit.

I would like to thank you for letting us know that you have enjoyed our facilities, as well as the friendliness of our staff. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I appreciate your compliments to Alberto Mercedes; therefore I am very proud to hear that they did his best in order to turn your vacation in a memorable stay.

We will be expecting your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great resort, excellent food, and gracious service. Have returned again and again.
You can't go wrong. Great for families or romantic getaway. Passion restaurant is one of the best I have been too. Gabbi beach restaurant is also great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Greg,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you have had a wonderful stay and that you have enjoyed our facilities, service as well as our gastronomical offer.

We will be expecting your next visit.

Maineville, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is one of the nicest resorts that I have visited, I loved it! There are beautiful pools, views, gardens, architecture, scenery. The energy of the entire place almost feels like you are at a spa, very calming and serene. There are lots of well-planned activites, and the staff is great! Especially Apolinar Santana who helped out a lot! Aesthetically it was by far the nicest resort I've been too... the food was decent, but definitely not a highlight. Several restaurants were good, but overall the food was only okay. Overall, I definitely recommend it, whether for business, pleasure, honeymoon, wedding, or just a getaway. A great experience.

Dear Mark,

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

I greatly appreciate your comments about facilities, architecture and grounds; it is thanks to the hard work of our gardening- as well as our maintenance-staff that we are able to maintain the landscaping this way.

I feel proud to hear your compliments towards Apolinar Santana, I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

I look forward to welcome you again in the near future at this, your second home.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Great vacation at Palma Real! Ramon Fuego at the pool bar is awesome and made our stay!! The resort is very clean and the staff are very accomdating! Restaurant reservations are a little annoying to have to make each day.

• Stayed December 2012
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for for letting us know about your recent experience.

I greatly appreciate to know that despite the situation related with dinner reservations, you have had an enjoyable stay thanks to our staff in special Ramon “Fuego”. You can rest assured that I took a good note of your observations in order to fine-tune the operation.

We cannot wait to hosting you in the near future at this “your home away from home”.

Bolton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at the Paradisus the week of November 30 to December 7. The resort is beautiful with pristine grounds. Our experience was with the Royal Service.

We upgraded to Royal Service. I feel that if we had not done so, our rating would certainly not be as high as it is. With Royal, you are entitled to four additional restaurants, a private pool and private beach. These upgrades made our experience quite pleasurable.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank a few of the employees at Paradisus that made our trip enjoyable. The first person is Verenice DeLos Santos who helped us when we had a problem in our Royal Service. She was extremely professional while attending to our problem, finding a solution and ensuring that the remainder of our stay was enjoyable and reflected what the hotel stood for.

I would like to thank Pedro at the Royal Pool and Beach. He was always smiling, and always made us feel comfortable and special. A true ambassador for the resort. Winkin at the Royal bar was always friendly, smiling and made amazing drinks.

We enjoyed two meals at Aqua. An amazing restaurant with an amazing server named Felipe. Felipe was attentive, made sure his tables were well cared for and made each guest feel special.

At breakfast, the chef Carlos at Palazzo came over to the guests to ensure that the breakfast was good. This and Aqua were the best restaurants at the resort.

My only criticism is that the buffet Naos was tiresome. The seating was dark and dreary and did not reflect the costs associated with staying at the Paradisus. If you are not part of Royal or Reserve, this would be one of the few restaurants that would be a mainstay for your trip, I would have been very upset as the food was just ok and the ambiance was horrible.

My biggest criticism was dinner at the Asian restaurant. There are three restaurants combined under one roof. We dined at the fusion. Our appetizers were cold and not what we ordered. Our main course was served cold and then the staff forgot we were there and did not come back to our table at all.

Overall, the resort is very nice, but very highly priced and over rated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I truly appreciate your compliments towards our Chef Carlos, Pedro, Felipe and Verenice and I am proud to hear about their dedication to turn your stay in a memorable experience.

I regret to learn that our gastronomical offer did not meet your expectations in some of our restaurants. Please rest assured that I took a good note of your observations. It is only by listening carefully to our guests we are able to immediately detect areas for improvement and can therefore take actions instantly.

Thank you for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

...and the best dinner I had in the Dominican Republic at the same time...!!!
The positive point is the Passion restaurant (with $40 extra charge) : excellent, even if still not worth a Michelin Star like they try to sell it; I will write a specific review for it.
Nice gardens, nice pool and nice beach. Pretty OK rooms, but we stop here for the good things.
Our first room was a little bit smelly (like many in most of the all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana), but still OK. We had a problem during the night, hearing big and strong water noises, and waking up in the morning we discovered a lot of water in the bedroom itself. In the evening it came back, but this time we realized that the black waters of other rooms were escaping from our bath tub, shower and toilets (see pictures) !!! We called the reception and they did not seem very surprised, just telling us that they would come asap to transfer us to another room on the second floor. One hour and 6 phone calls later, we were still waiting for the bellman for the transfer, missing our restaurant reservation.... The day of our depature we also waited more than 50 minutes to have our luggage picked up. It is a deep feeling that the whole hotel management is very bad and unprofessional, and the service is very poor.
But the worst remains the main buffet restaurant : the (very small) buffet room is really ugly, the choice is so limited that it looks like a real joke and I don't speak about the food. It is just totally UNACCEPTABLE to serve such food in a so-called "5*" hotel !!! My university restaurant was 100 times better !!!
Paradisus Palma real used to have a good reputation, but some years ago. It is now one of the worst managed hotel in the area, and the food is really not acceptable.
Just AVOID !
Two months ago, we tried the Riu Palace Bavaro, which for a lower price gave us 10 times more !

Room Tip: Second floor to avoid black waters from other rooms !!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your comments while on property.

Exceeding the expectation of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this, it is necessary to provide good service and attitude.

I am very concerned to learn that your stay with us was not up to what you expected and that we could not impress you with the gastronomical offer at our buffet. Nevertheless my staff always tries to fulfil all our guests needs. If a problem is reported, we do our best to solve it on location in the best manner for all parts. If some of my staff did not meet your expectations on solving problem, I truly apology and correcting actions already have been taken.

Your comments on improvement areas have been shared with all staff and it will be part of our daily work to make sure to have it corrected on a short term.

Sincerely

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!