“Gorgeous, Relaxing, Fun, Modern, Top Notch Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradisus Palma Real

Save Saved
You added Paradisus Palma Real to your Saves list
Paradisus Palma Real
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa de Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Gorgeous, Relaxing, Fun, Modern, Top Notch Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The view when you walk into the lobby is breathtaking of both the resort and the beach. Huge white sand beaches with tons of palm trees. Cabanas on the beachfront and around the pool were great. Pool area, beach, rooms, hotel areas palatial and gorgeous. Service very good with very few exceptions. Many restaurants with great food and service except service at Thai place (Bana?) was very slow and food ok, the Market Grill food was not as good as others. Japanese was outstanding, as well as grilled lobster at the buffet (best quality buffet for all three dinners; no nice cruise line I have been on came close to this food)and grilled lobster at Gabi Beach were outstanding. Bars used top-shelf/high quality liquors and daily drink specials were good; few bars ran out of bar basics and could not make your drink; ex: no lime juice or no bananas. Room service good. Stocked bar in rooms was good. Staff was very responsive when jet in shower popped out of wall and when TV remote did not work. Maid responded to all requests. Activities crew was awesome; Joangel, Angel, and Elizer(sp?) were so nice, energetic, and Joangel remembered our names and came looking for us when activities were starting! Couldn't asked for a nicer person to lead all activities. The Michael Jackson review was unbelievably good. Again, just as good or better than the good cruise ship entertainment. It's hard to find much to complain about. The concierge would always make dinner reservations for our group of 8 at 9 or 9:30. WAY too late for me. We made it earlier a few times. They also really push you to attend their "Club Melia" talk, which we were not interested in, but we would definitely return to this resort in the future and would recommend it to anyone. We are 50, but enjoy younger people, and met numerous couples in their 20's and 30's, as well as people our age (we were with a pretty "young" acting group; we still think we are in college sometimes I think!)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Paula,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write us after having stayed with us.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience with us left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once more, thanks’ for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at this your second home.

4,937 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We recently spent a week at Paradisus Palma Real and the beauty of the resort is beyond words except to say it is paradise! With wonderful facilities, rooms,restaurants and SERVICE!! This is truely deserving of the five star status. We stayed in Royal Service and were glad we made this choice as it offers a special lounge, pool, beach area, restaurant etc etc

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left every detail of our holiday was perfect! We were swept away to a week of luxury, beauty, and fun that we could only have imagined in our dreams.
We encountered the highest level of customer service by all staff - to many to mention them all, we would however like to mention a few that are representative of the teams and service level.

Many thanks to Santa in Royal Service who ensured everything was perfect while we were there. She was very professional and accommodating and we thank her.

There is so much to do at this resort - Joangel and the activities team work so hard to make sure the guests are having fun, and they provide such a variety of activities - there is something for everyone ranging from dancing lessons, painting, sushi making, group sports, and spanish and very good evening activities and shows as well.Their talent is very special They are always so energetic, hard working, and friendly.
Pedro and Francisco were fantastic at the beach!! Making sure we had our special place for the day and always their wonderful and friendly service was there for us.
Carlos and Jose were our royal service butlers. They are very professional and were always going above and beyond to provide special details and pampering beyond our expectations. They are very good at making every detail personal to our preferences, and we were very impressed with their high level of training and service quality.
The food in all the restaurants and buffets was good and the service was exceptional! We thank Richard at Palazzo for his wonderful service, he always remembered us and what we preferred and offered great service and friendly dining experience. This was our favorite restaurant.
We also enjoyed room service every day including our morning coffee and evening snack. Fred in room service was a pleasure to deal with taking our daily requests as he is so friendly and helpful.

The resort was perfect for us but the staff make it such a wonderful experience.

This was our first time at Paradisus Palma Real and we are very very pleased with every aspect of our vacation. We came home rested and pleased and looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We had an oceanfront Royal Service room and it was spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your recent visit.

It is a pleasure for me to hear that your experience at our Royal Service left a memorable impression on you. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once more, thanks’ for your valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future at this your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I will apologize in advance for how long this will be! We stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real November 2 -11th! We had the VIP package by booking through the hotel website. I must say that their customer service was excellent prior to check in, we were traveling on a girls trip, and one of us was delayed a day due to hurricane Sandy. I was still allowed to check in, even though the reservations were under my cousins name. I felt perfectly safe being there my first night all by myself. With the VIP package we had access to Gabi beach, and restaurant, plus 15% off all spa services, and a slightly larger room than normal. I will break up the rest of the review based on different categories.
CHeck in: I was whisked away to the VIP check in area, was checked in very quickly, and up to my room in no time! I was brought a welcome cocktail and a fruit plate up to my room, My suitcase was delivered a few minutes later!
The Room: 3rd floor, one king bed was pretty comfortable, not too hard or soft, a view of the ocean through the trees, large tub, nice shower, and walk in closet! There are glass doors on the shower and water closet, so privacy can be a bit of an issue, but it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. AC worked really well!
Room Service: We ordered room service almost everyday for breakfast, and almost every night for a late night snack! Breakfast was always good, Dinner was hit or miss, one day it was good, the next, just ok. We ordered champagne to our room each night, which was a really nice treat!
Pool: The pool was really nice, plenty of loungers to lay on, great place to cool off.
The Beach: We spent the majority of our time at Gabi Beach on one of the Bali beds. We had the same waiter everyday, and I feel terrible, I do not recall his name :( He was amazing, always remembered what we were drinking the day before, and even had out bed all set up for us with towels and pillows when he knew we were going to be back the next day! The first few days the water was very cloudy and weedy, I think this was mostly due to the hurricane that had just passed, the next few days the water was much clearer!
Bars: The lobby bar was our favorite, as well as the bar just outside Naos buffet! A huge Thank you to all of the ladies we sat and chatted with each night! The Pool bar was fun also, however we found a lot of rude people at the bar (not the employees, but the vacationers)
Restaurants: Dinner at the main buffet was ok, nothing special, but slightly better than normal all inclusive buffet food. Breakfast and lunch were much better. Bana Bistro was amazing, no complaints there, as well as Bana Hibachi, that was very good as well! Gabi beach was excellent for lunch and dinner, we thoroughly enjoyed eating there! Vento was ok, probably wouldnt eat there again. Aqua was good, but our favorites by far were Gabi, and Bana!
Spa: We did not do any massages or anything, but being VIP we had free access to the spa, we did their Water Ritual which was amazing! It was so relaxing, a very peaceful place!
Activities: We went parasailing, It was amazing! we booked through the hotel and had to get a ride about 5 miles down the beach, being 2 single females, we weren't very comfortable with that. I would suggest just talking to the dive shop right next to Gabi beach and setting it up there, its the same price! We did the candle making class, and the cigar rolling class, they were fun!
Entertainment: We only saw the Cirque show, and the Michael Jackson show, which were pretty good!
Nightlife: There was not alot of night life at the resort, but thats not what we were there for, we were in bed pretty early each night! The red lounge was busy one night, but it is pretty small.

Overall, we had an amazing trip, everyone remembered our names, and treated us like royalty! I would definitely go back, It is a beautiful resort! There is so much more, but I think I covered the basics. One of the best all inclusives I have been to! We did tip, it seemed much appreciated, but mostly just having good attitude and being nice to everyone went a long way!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write your impressions after having stayed with us.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our facilities and services. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

Thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to have the pleasure in welcoming you back at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort.

Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This resort is one to return to again and again! The service is wonderful, the people are amazing, the rooms are spacious with good sized balconies, the pool is fantastic, the beach is the best I have ever had the pleasure of lounging on! The food at this all inclusive resort is really very good and the variety is endless.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for having shared your impressions about your recent experience. At Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to hear that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future, at this “your home away from home”.

Commack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been traveling to the Caribbean regularly over the past 15 years and usually steer clear of all inclusive resorts because the food, drink and service are decidedly sub par. However, my travel agent recommended the Paradisus Palma Real resort based on her own stay there and I am pleased that I took her advice. First and foremost, the staff's attentiveness was simply extraordinary and this is no exaggeration. We were greeted by our own personally concierge Alvaro Castillo ("A.C.") who showed us to our room, gave us a tour of the resort and made all of our dinner reservations - job well done! Although we did little other than chill by the pool for four days, the concierge service was a nice addition to our trip. And talking about the pool, it was large, beautiful and had a bar manned by two superb bartenders - Ramon and Luis- who couldn't have been nicer or quicker with a drink ( I literally had a new drink in my hand whenever I finished one).

Okay you may be thinking but what about the food? Well, both Gabi Beach and Passions are excellent and Vento was very good. For a buffet, Naxos was also above average - there was always freshly made grill items available to order at breakfast and lunch. The Asian restaurant Bana, however, was only mediocre.

The room we had - a garden suite - was really a suite. We had a bedroom with a huge king sized bed, a separate room with a flat screen TV and a balcony - again, well done. They did have an issue with flooding in the hallway after it rained, however.

My only real criticism is that their pricing plans are a little confusing. Since we booked through a travel agent and got a few specific upgrades, I'm not exactly sure what package we got (we got concierge service and got Gabi Beach as a restaurant choice but we paid extra for Passions). There is a basic package and an upgrade - Royal Services. There is also a separate part called the Reserve that includes upgraded services too. The Reserve is a distance from the rest of the resort and you need a shuttle to get back and forth. I would make sure to get Gabi Beach as part of your package since is was our favorite restaurant.

All in all, I was happily surprised by my experience and would definitely consider a return trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude. Therefore I assure you that I took a good note of your observations. I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Hamlet Rosa, Ms. Belliard, Ms. Vaszquez and Alenys Martinez, since is thanks to staff members like them that we are able to accomplish our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests.

I look forward to welcome you again at your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Acton, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We are just finishing a 7 day vacation here, very nice! The staff are so attentive, the food is great, the grounds are very well kept, lastly the rooms are very spacious and clean. We would return in a heartbeat to this resort, thanks to all the staff for making us feel so welcome....

Room Tip: All are fine....
Dear Wayman,

It is truly a pleasure for me to receive your impressions on this trip.

Exceeding expectations of our guest and offer memorable experiences is our commitment and I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal. I greatly appreciate your recognition to the effort and dedication demonstrated by our staff.

Thank you for your valuable comments and I looking forward to your next visit.

Tenafly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and i spent a week at Paradisius Palma Real. If you are looking for all inclusive, look no further. We felt at home right away. Poolside help was fantastic. Kids enjoyed volleyball, pool, beach, dance lessons, ( Angel was awesome ) etc. Poolside bartender Ramon felt like he had been serving my family for years. All in all a great trip.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the main hotel area vs Reserve.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay at our resort and that you appreciated the effort and dedication of Angel and Ramon ¨Fuego¨.

I look forward to welcome you again at this your second home.

Sincerely

Managing Director

Been to Paradisus Palma Real? Share your experiences!