“forget the negitive reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Iberostar Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bavaro | Higüey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #20 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
washingtonpa
“forget the negitive reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Just returned from iberostar punta cana,was there may 10-17th..Tthis is my 4th time @ this resort.Check in was a breeze.We given a suite which was nice,but we knew about the new remodeled rooms in blgd 5 near the pool..We were able to move the next day and liked this room better(alittle smaller) but don't spent much time there.
We stayed on the dom. sde of the pool and beach most of the time,had a great time with the animation team(SEXY MAN IS A NUT). Everyone there wanted you to have a good time and did everything to insure it.
The food everywhere was very good,never had any problems(I'm a very picky eater).Sure you could look for something and probaly find it but everything can't be perfect...
The weather was great,85-88 everyday,about 10 minutes of a shower one day.
The beach was nice,saw alittle more seaweed on the beach then normal,but still one of the cleaner in Punta Cana.
I would quit reading the negative reviews and give this place a try,if you are not happy with something tell them,they will try to fix it...HAVE FUN...
.P.S. SPA WAS GREAT

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

2,683 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
Mansfield, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This was our second visit in 12 months to the Punta Cana / Dominicana complex and it was just as good as last year.

We travelled with Thomas Cook and while the flights had about the most legroom I have experienced on a charter flight, that was about as good as they got on this occasion. Once we cleared the mayhem of Punta Cana airport where there were no more than two reps trying to direct in excess of 300 people to there awaiting transfers, we were dropped off at the Iberostar Dominicana reception. When we pointed out we were supposed to be staying at the Punta Cana, the rep said it would be ok as they're both the same. The hotel reception staff had other ideas and everyone who had been dropped off with us were whisked on golf carts to the reception of the Iberostar Punta Cana.

The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and the check in process was reasonably quick despite the fact it appeared that Thomas Cook hadn't told the Punta Cana we were coming.

Eventually we were shown to our room # 5138. To our dismay it had two double beds as opposed to the kingsize bed we had on our visit to the Dominicana. This was rectified the following day without any problems and we were moved to room # 5161 which had a view overlooking the gardens and an ocean view if you leaned far enough out over the balcony and looked through the palms :)

The hotel only appeared to be running at 50% capacity or thereabouts so getting shade on the beach or by the pool was easy at pretty much anytime of the day.

We ate at the Oriental restaurant, the Steak House and the Gourmet and the food was excellent in all three. We also ate at the Star Rock Cafe which is also an a la carte restaurant as opposed to a buffet and tends to be overlooked by many guests.

The buffets were excellent with the exception of one evening when everything was cold and over cooked, maybe we just hit it at the wrong time. The rest of the time, we were spoiled for choice.

I can't really comment on the entertainment as we never got involved with the daytime activities or visited the evening shows. The daytime staff would wander along the beach now and then shouting out the next activity, but they weren't pushy. There were plenty of people who did want to join in and they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The gardens are kept immaculate, our room was kept spotlessly clean and all the staff we found to be very friendly.

Sherbrooke, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in the Toronto Airport area.
When you stay over 3 nights, there is a special rebate.
For the price (80$ a night), we even had a continental breakfast.
The staff were very relaxed and polite.
Parking is free.
The room is clean.
It is a quiet place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
corinnehowell, General Manager at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 29, 2010
Thank you Suzanne for your kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Brampton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This Iberostar Punta Cana hotel was a real dream come true to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Everything about this location was perfect - the food was great, a-la-cart restaurants had some of the best fish I've ever eaten, the staff was helpful, the room was perfect with a balcony overlooking the beautiful pool and the resort is meticulously landscaped.

I highly recommend traveling with Sunwing to this resort as the rep there (Juan) was fantastic and was very helpful.

All in all a fabulous trip I'd highly recommend to any and all.

Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this amazing hotel. Arrived late afternoon and was speedily checked in with a cold drink and a brief explanation about the layout and amenities of the hotel. We were then taken by buggy to our room which was large and spacious with 2 double beds and a beautiful view of the grounds, pool and sea. Although we went out to dinner that evening, it wasn't until next morning that we were able to appreciate how beautiful and well-maintained the grounds are.

The entire location was idyllic. White sands, turquoise seas and pink flamingos in the grounds. Two beautiful pools in the shape of a butterfly. In fact the Punta Cana is a mirror image of its sister hotel, the Dominica. There were always plenty of sunbeds available round the pool at any time of day, although the umbrellas on the beach were "reserved" very early in the morning. There were always loads of beds without shade on the beach and if like me you tan easily and don't burn these had the benefit of a great sea breeze.

The food was first-class, even the buffet restaurant served lobster. Drinks included premium brand spirits as well as local brews and you must try an Iberostar cocktail. Liquid gold.

The entertainment was superb. Although at our age (65 &72) we are content to be beach bums, for those less lethargic, there are activities all through the day. Even I did a few water aerobic sessions. As for the evening entertainment we felt it was equal to any cruise ship show. The dancers were full of energy, the vocalists were "live" and every show was a spectacular feast of colour!

Finally I must mention the fantastic staff. Everyone was so friendly, helpful and efficient - Jessica, our room maid who kept the room spotless, and our minibar well stocked; -Gladys, Rosa and Kenia, the beautiful waitresses in the theatre who came to take our order almost before we had sat down; - and finally John, Panterra and Emilio from the animation team.

I'd also like to mention our First Choice rep, Katie. Our flight was delayed due to volcanic ash but Katie kept us informed at all times, even seeking us out on our sunbed to advise us of what was happening. And First Choice were superb. Instead of hours in the airport our delay was spent by the pool with a pina colada or two. We were wined and dined as on any other day. We would have been accommodated until such time as we were able to leave.

I know tipping is optional on all inclusive holidays but a few dollars a day makes all the difference to the hardworking staff and is really appreciated.

I once read that Dom Rep was the Caribbean on the cheap but thanks to the Iberoster, Dom Rep has become my "paradise island."

Just one warning and nothing to do with the hotel. My mobile provider is vodaphone pay-as-u-go but there is currently no vodaphone on Dom Rep. Instead my phone converted to Orange on arrival. I realised after a few days that perhaps only 1 in 6 of my texts were received , although I was charged for everyone I sent. Katie confirmed that this was a problem and that some holidaymakers received the same texts from home many times. Of even more concern, when I ran out of credit, I was unable to top up. I bought a phonecard for 15 dollars which should have given me 25 minutes of calling time, but because the phone kept refusing to recognise the card's pin number or the number I dialled I lost 13 minutes before the first connection. Note to self - need to put ample credit on phone before I go again. And we will., God willing,.go again. ,

Gatineau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I went there to get married and we were a group of 19 people. The staff was so great and the servce was fantastic, the place was always very cleaned, the rooms were also great and cleaned. OMG, the restaurants were all good as well as the buffet, which always had a different theme and great tasty food. Activities almost all day long for people interested, staff was very entertaining. The only downside was the shows at night, which were not very impressive compared to other resorts I went to, but the live show was amazing and the singer had quite a voice. As for the beach...what's tosay beside that it was an amazing beach , beautiful sand and water, very clean on that side and walking distance to the flee market. On the resort, there is a bank, pharmacy, internet room (free access), stores, hairdressers, photographers, spa, which were very useful! Our wedding coordinator and staff were so nice and at our service, it was very refreshing to see that kind of service in a foreign country, they really surpassed our expectations, we had a fantastic, well-organized wedding and the photographer was amazing, we even had one of the staff translate in French what the Judge was saying in Spanish at our wedding, they did everything to find the flowers that I wanted and actually had it done. I have nothing bad to say about the resort, all good, but the Signature rep (Red hair lady) was not at our service at all...that's a small detail as we dealt with another travel company rep. I do recommend the resort to everyone and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

my husband and 3 kids (14,12,8) recently vacationed at the magnificent iberostar punta cana! I do not even know where to start--everything was incredible

Arrival: we arrived at the hotel at approximately 2:20ish. First Impressions? amazing--the reception is gorgeous with a beautiful large pond in the center with a fountain. Theres a bar and a bunch of tables for simply relaxing a a drink. We found the reception staff to be very kind. A little issue though: we had requested connecting rooms due to the largness of our family. When we asked to make sure we had them-they claimed there were none available. My husband got quite upset and "somehow" they found availability. No biggie. Our rooms were not ready quite yet--fine, we ate lunch returned to the lobby and they were done.

Rooms: having connecting rooms was soo convenient and wonderful. One room was for my husband and i, and connecting to that was another room for the kids. Both rooms had a large king bed and a pull out sofa bed. They were very nicely decorated and had everything you needed to get by. Nothing over the top fancy, of course. The maids were great and left a new towel formation each day. Along with that, they left nice red flowers, which were great and all but they had tons of tiny little ants on them--which led to what seemed like a colony in the bathroom and wherever else the maids left the flowers. But no complaints there--they were easily killed with some tissues and water.

Food: WE found the food to be very delicious each day. My personal favorite was breakfast--a variety of things such as made to order omlettes, chocolate/plain/strawberry pancakes DELICIOUS!!, eggs, bacon, etc... Each day for lunch we dined at the buffet by the pool and beach. They had a bit more limited variety but still good. the fries are very yummy:) And for dinner we would eat at the Restaurante Buffet Higuey which was also very good serving a variety of meats, carbs, vergetables etc. The cakes are soooooo good!! For a week, you get 3 ala carte reservations. We ate at the Mexican, seafood, and steak restaurants. The mexican was very very very good and the steak house was incredible(on the sand). We didn't find the seafood one that good.

Staff: There are legitamently no words i could use to describe the staff at Iberostar. Amazing is understatement! Every single worker is soo incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make you enjoy your vacation that much more. From the bartenders, to the restaurant staff, to EVERYTHING!!

Grounds: Every single area of iberostar is so beautiful. The grounds are amazing with beautiful garden work and everything is ALWAYS clean.

Pools: There was a variety of pools you could choose to swim in each day. They are all lovely and in close proximity to the beach which is great. The temperature is PERFECT!! they are all ong and curvy pools which is also good.

Beach: Stunning. The powdery white sands, crystal clear blue ocean. ohh myy i wish i was there. WE never really reserved beach palapas, as our main "camp, per say, was by the pools. When we did go to the beach, i could always find something. As for the pool, my husband went down every morning at around 7:45 to get spots and they were always available but don't go too late or you won't get anything.

Kids Club: my 8 year old daughter has rave reviews for the absolutely amazing kids club. Each day, there are countless activities for the kids to take part in such as archery, pool games, etc. And at night there are mini discoes which are soo cute to see all the kids do!! and other than that there are fashion shows for all the kids, and a cute nutcracker type of show where all the kids dress up and play the characters--SO adorable. I wanna give a very special shout out to ROSA, the wonderful lady that runs it!! She treats each child with unmeasurable love and she has a passion for what she does. my daughter missed her dearly!!

Other Stuff: There are tons of bars/ drink areas around the premises. I loved the smoothie hut where i could get a delicious pina colada, strawberry banana daquiri!! There is a great ice cream bar almost on the beach that was a dream come true. MY girls got their hair braided on the "caribbean street" which was very beautiful. Many girls at the resort had their hair braided--it looks great. During our stay, the New England Patriots Cheerleaders were doing their 2011 calender photoshoot! There was a night when all the guest were invited to go meet the girls and get autographs. that was fun! and on their last day, they perfomed their routines on the beach for everyone and made it really fun. We also went on the Dolphin Explorer excursion whuch was AMAZING!! the kids got to interact and swim with the dolphins and they enjoyed it so much. The dolphins were treated very well and had very large areas in which they could be normal dolphins which is very timportant to me.

Overall: THis was one of the best vacations ever and i would recomend it to anyone! We had an awesome time and wish to return very very soon! I started sobbing as we left the hotel..it was that painful to leave:( Anyone who has bad reviews for this place is downright CRAZY!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!