“Again after four times Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Iberostar Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bavaro | Higüey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #19 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
“Again after four times Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good food, great cocktails, friendly people, good management that make the stay very pleasant. We were now for the fourth time in the hotel, and it was again super.Of it isthe the gardener, or the bartender, or manager, they are all friendly and helpful. In this way I want to thank everyone for the lovely stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been renovated in the last two years. Everything is new in the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear guests,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for posting a review about your recent experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana and for your preference and loyalty toward our premises as your holiday’s destination.
We are much honored to read your motivating lines about the excellent service our team provided you every time you stay among us. In Iberostar, as you well know, our staff is committed to ensure our valuable guests to “enjoy being a Star” during their holidays.
We are waiting to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
With best regards,

2,413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Turkish first
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Before I start my review I would just like to say that Iberostar Punta Cana and Iberostar Dominicana are literally the same hotel. They share the same pools, beach, bars and restaurants. I am unsure why this just isn’t classed as one hotel. The only thing I can think is that Thomson fly out to Iberostar Punta Cana on a Saturday and Thomas Cook fly out mid week to Iberostar Dominicana. I would therefore advise you to book whichever is the cheapest and most convenient for you.

We booked Iberostar Punta Cana with Thomson for our Honeymoon. We told the travel company of this and also emailed the hotel.

CHECK IN – Check in at the Reception was very fast. There was only one other couple that got off the coach with us. We were given two cards for the room and two towel cards. A bellboy then took us to our room with our cases.

ROOMS – Our room was a little smaller than expected and given that the hotel is supposed to be a 5*, I would rate the rooms to be 3*. Don’t get me wrong however, they were very clean and had all we needed given that we only spent time in our room to sleep and get washed/dressed to go out. I would have expected a room that has a 5* rating to maybe have had a luxurious feature such as a Jacuzzi bath or something but as I say this was not a major problem. We did have to pay $2 a day for a safe in the room which I though was a bit silly, all other All Inclusive resorts that I have stayed in in the past just have this included with no surcharge as it’s obvious that you will need a safe for your personal items such as passports etc.

There was a fridge in our room which was restocked every second day, it included beer, soft drinks and plenty of water.

The maid cleaned our room everyday to a high standard and often left our towels decorated in the bathroom and on the bed with flowers which was a nice touch.

POOL AREA – The hotel had a mixture of young couples/young families and older couples. There are times when the pool area is quiet and then it becomes a little more lively when the entertainment staff are working, which was great fun.

We would usually go down for a sunbed at around 8:30, we always found a spot and had no problems.

GROUNDS – The grounds are kept immaculately clean and there are always gardeners looking after the trees/grass, etc. There are also Flamingos and Turtles in the resort which were lovely to see.

STAFF – The Star Friends entertainment team work so so hard and are very friendly and a good laugh. In fact all the staff were lovely and friendly and were willing to engage in conversation, albeit little English is spoken. It is just a little hard if you don’t speak Spanish. We didn’t really know what was going on half of the time but we felt that it was a good atmosphere nonetheless and at the end of the day we chose to go to their resort so why should they speak English! We certainly wouldn’t speak Spanish in England.

We were treated very well because we were on our Honeymoon. On two occasions we had Fruit delivered to our room with a bottle of rum and a bottle of wine. This was a lovely gesture from the hotel.

ENTERTAINMENT – Entertainment day and night was good. The Aqua Aerobics was good fun through the day and very lively. The Michael Jackson show is worth a watch, again the only bad thing is that the shows are in Spanish but like I say, this is their main language and so it should be accepted.

FOOD AND DRINK – There was a good variation of food in the buffet restaurants and they were of above average standard. I wouldn’t give it 5* as to me if it was 5* then it would all be cooked to order etc but for buffet style food id give it at least 4*. Id also like to add that I was NOT ill at all during my stay.

There are two main buffet restaurants for the evening, either Higuey or Hispaniola. For some reason the Hispaniola was always quieter but they both served exactly the same food and we actually thought that the décor in Hispaniola was a lot nicer so we chose to dine in there on most nights. The waiter service in these restaurants was excellent.

We booked all the 5 a la carte restaurants on the day that we arrived with no problems at all. There is Mexican, Oriental, Gourmet (serves lobster), Seafood and Steakhouse. We enjoyed the food on the buffet the best in the Mexican Restaurant. The food in the A La Carte restaurants was more to a 5* level as this was made fresh to order. I would say however that the service in some of the A La Carte restaurants left something to be desired. We had a least 3 different occasions in which the service was very slow and we often were forgotten about and had to catch someone’s eye for them to take the order. In the Mexican restaurant our drinks order was never brought to us for the duration of the meal! We therefore finished up and had to go to the buffet restaurant next door to get ourselves a drink. Whilst in the buffet restaurant one night we were given a questionnaire to fill in about the hotel and we reported about the bad service. The Management picked up on this and called us two days later to speak to us about it. They were very very apologetic and as an apology they invited us to a special romantic dinner at the gourmet restaurant, which was fantastic!

One other thing I would say about the a la carte is that a lot of men were going in with shorts and t shirts and getting away with it, which upset my husband as he wore long trousers as they had requested and wasn't really comfortable in them.

They had an excellent cocktails menu. My favourite was Tropical Coconut. No alcohol through the day and then rum in it on a night. The fruit punch from the machine was also very refreshing whilst in the sun through the day.

SUMMARY – All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Dominican Republic. I would certainly not hesitate to book this hotel again. Overall I would give it 4*. If you want a 5* luxurious hotel then book Iberostar Grand Bavaro, although the price tag will be substantially more!

Also, we took insect repellent but never used it or got bit. We did not take malaria tablets either. You must not drink the tap water. Lots of bottled water is provided.

You have to also pay $10 on entry and $20 on departure per person at the Airport. Be prepared for long queues with no air con at the Airport on the way home!

• Stayed September 2013
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and her team, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel for you holidays and for taking time to write some comments about your stay among us.
We want to express you how satisfied we are to read that from the first moment you came into our premises the excellent service provided by our friendly staff, our varied gastronomy, the wide options for daily and nightly entertainment and the cleanness and beauty of our premises ensured you a memorable experience as we aim in Iberostar despite the service at the Mexican restaurant for which we extend once again our apologies.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for any request you might need before your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just got back from a week at Iberostar Punta Cana. Everyone working there greets you with a smile. We were greeted at check in by friendly and smiling staff member. The rooms were great,outstanding view, and keep spotless and fresh flowers designs with the towels everyday. It was not a stated requirement but I left a tip each day in a glass for the hard working maids. I wish others would remember the workers are not on the same pay scale and every little tip helps them. Its all inclusive but slipping a couple bills under a dinner plate or bar glass is no big deal. Big shout out to entire entertainment staff, they worked ALL day and night to keep the Party going. If I could describe anything as a downer would be the night about eight guys including myself were turned away from the Mexican Restaurant because we had on shorts. The place was empty. Don't understand that rule. Most important tip....BRING YOUR INSECT REPELLENT, the mosquitoes were active.

Room Tip: construction just started on pool while we were there. Noise of the guys busting concrete by hand c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana for your holidays and for writing a review about your experience.
We want to express how glad we are to read how you highlighted out the excellent service and friendliness of our staff. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service to our valuable costumers.
We will be honored to welcome you back again; please do not hesitate to contact us before arriving.
Kindest regards,
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a two week holiday at iberostar punt Cana, it was one of the best holidays my husband and I have enjoyed, the hotel was spotless the food was varied, fresh and delightful with a different theme every night. There was no problem finding a spot by the pool or on the beach and our every need was catered for by the extremely polite, friendly fun loving staff. I have the privilege of become friends with several of the entertainment team on Facebook and have already received messages making sure that we returned home safe and sound. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxed holiday with staff that attend to your every need, beautiful weather and scenery to die for, will definitely be going back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
We want to thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, we would like to express you how glad we are to read that you enjoyed “one of the best holidays” as you stated it in your motivating publication. In Iberostar we aim to ensure memorable holidays to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back; please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed every minute of our stay here, the food was excellent and plentiful, your chefs and all your staff do you proud. The entertainments team are all so cheerful and friendly, (please tell Evelyn that Karen is alright). Our room was clean and spacious, and kept that way by the maids every day. Would recommend this hotel as our stay was great.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Punta Cana and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and the entire team, we would like to express you how glad we are to read that you enjoyed a memorable holiday due to our exquisite cuisine and excellent service as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,
Bechtelsville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was our third time at this hotel and we were not disappointed. We took my parents and were all well taken care of. As usual with our experience at numerous Iberostars, the staff is amazing and hardworking. Comments (because they asked us to do this on TripAdvisor): the seafood specialty restaurant was AWFUL. We were not the only ones to walk out. We had better seafood at the French restaurant the following night. The Star Friends seemed at a loss on our one rainy day as to what to do with all the guests. We've been engaged and entertained at other resorts during poor weather. I hope they receive some instruction/direction from their newest boss/supervisor (he started two days before we left). Otherwise, we loved especially Clariber (?) Archery & shooting every day - HI from Susan & "Kem"! Our rooms were perfect and maid service was fine (has she had her twins yet?). Will we go back yet again? Of course! Thank you Kathleen and David - you guys are doing great jobs and should be proud of your staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for your loyalty when choosing Iberostar Punta Cana as your holiday’s destination and also for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We would like to express how glad we are to read that the friendliness of our staff members has ensured you three unforgettable holidays among us as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts. We have congratulated Susan and Claribel for halping us to achieve our goal during your recent visit. Likewise, we have communicated our Executive Chef your feedback about our Marinero restaurant for which we are thankful.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for our entire team to welcome you back at Iberostar Punta Cana.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013, and it was my first stay in an Iberostar hotel. The grounds and beach are beautiful and immaculately kept. The staff here is amazing especially Carlos in Registration (Check-in). Julian made check-out easy and ensured that we had everything arranged for our departure. The place is impressively clean and I must say again, beautiful. The staff, no matter what capacity, is the best I have ever seen. I would definitely go back and this location would be my first and my only choice!

Room Tip: Pool view includes a view of the beautiful ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana for your vacation and also for posting a review about your experience among us.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, and the whole team, we would like to express how satisfied we are to read that your first experience at an Iberostar hotel was unforgettable due to the friendliness of our staff from the first moment you were welcomed by Carlos and Julian. In Iberostar our main goal is turning your vacations into a memorable holiday.
We are looking forward to welcome you back; please feel free to contact us before your next vacations among us.
With regards,

Been to Iberostar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!