We are very seasoned travelers. We have been to other Iberostars twice (Riviera Maya), Palladium and Bahia Principe, Riu as well as cruises and Europe. I consider myself pretty picky. This is a very well-run hotel. I will not repeat what others have said but will give the highlights.
ROOM: We requested a room near the beach on the top floor, we got what we asked for except it was not on the top floor. Absolutely no problems with noise for the neighbors! Unless they slam doors and yell in the hallways… Very comfortable room. Most comfortable beds we have had at any AL, not pillow though. The resort so small comparing to the ones we have stayed at in the past so everything is about a 5 minute walk (probably less).
BEACH: Great sand, not white. VERY busy, I felt like I was at the Times Square. But the water was so blue and clear water with gentle waves. The sand so soft, no worrying about rocks or corral. We read lots of reviews about windy and wavy conditions before we went. We did not experience any problems. Our kids 8 and 10 swam with no problems. My minor COMPLAINT is the chair game. It’s awful. You have to be up before 8 to get a decent chair. I have never been to a property with such an aggressive chair grabbing crowd. This was bad enough for me to reconsider coming back (or come back and outsmart the offenders). During our stay we saw a large party that would reserve 30 chairs by stacking them and putting a flip flop on top of the pile! I think if the front desk staff disclose their no reservation policy for chairs at check in, it will be very easy to enforce with minor complaints for the guests (if they are sober )
FOOD: Great selection of cheeses, fresh salad bar, pastries. something for everyone, but nothing fancy. We ate at the gourmet, steak and oriental restaurants. Oriental was the favorite, the others so so, however, Apple vacations (we booked with them) had a special dinner for apple guests at the gourmet restaurant: BEST meal of our trip. Best Cappuccino I have had anywhere (I go to Starbucks a lot).
At the end of our trip we discovered an ice cream bar in the beach bar in front of dominicana with more flavors that at the restaurants (for ice cream lovers).
Overall this was the most relaxing trip we have ever taken probably because everything is run so well you don’t have to run around complaining.
A HUGE thank you to the General Manager Mrs. Helena Santos. Kind, sincere and eager to help. She helped my sister stay an extra night during the blizzard. Thank you, you made a very stressful situation with 2 very young children very pleasant.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel
- Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Iberostar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beautiful, sandy beach of Bavaro (Punta Cana). Friendly atmosphere. Beach restaurant. Set in a palm grove. Attractive pool area. All inclusive (generous, varied buffets for all meals). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Venere, VISIT US, INC. and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.