“Wonderful Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Iberostar Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Bavaro | Higüey, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #19 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Vera Cruz, RS
“Wonderful Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had the opportunity along with my wife to enjoy one week (06 to 13/11/2012) at this wonderful hotel. We have only praise for all: reception, waiters, animation team, bartenders, etc..
All restaurants / buffets are very good. The breakfast has a lot of variety. The entire hotel staff was always willing to assist in whatever it took, always a smile for the guests. The whole animation team very happy, especially the presenter (Mr. Panther), Mr. Alejandro and Mr. Santos. We recommend this hotel = cost x benefit. We have only praise!
The intention is to repeat the tour next year along with our 2 children.

Room Tip: In this hotel, any room is great because we choose the standard and was perfect
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana as your holiday’s destination and also for taking the time to post your review in Tripadvisor.
We would like to express how glad we are to read that the friendliness of our staff members ensured you to enjoy a memorable holiday. In Iberostar we want our guests to “enjoy being a Star”. We are pleased to read that Pantera, Alexander, Santos, among many other staff members did an excellent work to accomplish our goal during your stay.
We kindly ask you to write us before your next visit; it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back at Iberostar Punta Cana.

2,633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Turkish first
washingtonpa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at the Iberostar Punta Cana November 2 - 9th. There were 14 people in our group, ages ranging from 50 to 80. This was my 7th time to Iberostar Punta Cana since 2001. Since most of our friends have never been to Punta Cana, we chose this location because of it's size, location and great service on our previous trips.The hotel is nice,user friendly and has good food. The beach is one of the best around.

After checking in, we had a few problems with some of the rooms. The hotel manager, Helena Santos was contacted and all or our issues were resolved to our satisfaction. She checked back with us during the week to make sure we were being well taken care of. Everyone was able to enjoy their week, knowing anything we needed was quickly taken care of. Some of the folks needed a shuttle back to their rooms in the evening, and that was never a problem.

Melissa Foy assisted us in making dinner reservations for our large group, in three of the speciality restaurants. It was nice to be able to sit together at every meal. Melissa also booked a golf package at the Iberostar Bavaro for a few of people in our group. She checked to make sure we had no issues that needed attention.

Many thanks to Helena and Melissa for making our vacation without problems. Overall the Iberostar Punta Cana was a good value and was enjoyed by our group of friends. Give it a try. You will like it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest rickirwin,
Thank you very much for your loyalty towards Iberostar Punta Cana as your family holiday’s destination and also for posting a review about your seventh stay among us.
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, and her team, we would like to express how satisfied we are to hear that you and your family have experienced once again an unforgettable vacation due to our varied gastronomy, our clean and beautiful premises; the daily and nightly activities of our Star Friends and the friendliness of our whole team. As you well know, in Iberostar our main goal is turning your vacations into a memorable holiday. We have congratulated Ms. Melissa Foy for being part of your happy stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please feel free to contact us before your next vacations among us.
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Hotel was really great and Our time here flew by. Melissa Foy helped Us get a room that met Our needs and She was really nice. The value here is amazing and there is a joyful happiness that permeates this place. The buffets were fine and there was always something good to eat-The Ocean Front Buffet has an unbelievable view. I loved La Pagoda where the food, service and decor were stellar. The only negative was La Sibila which had poor food and service but the decor was nice-it didnt really matter as We went to the buffet after Dinner. The entire place was very clean and the Staff couldnt be nicer. I loved Our room-the beds and pillows were so comfortable-The bathroom, shower and toiletries were awesome-The Maid Service was excellent-the decor was great-the room was big-the balcony had a view of the ocean-also there was great soundproofing. The grounds were a tropical paradise. Oh and the recently redone pool was incredible. There were always plenty of loungers at the pool and beach. When I asked for more Diet Coke and water it was re stocked very quickly and plentifully. The Dominicana which shares facilities with this Hotel was equally great but not as quiet as The IB Punta Cana and I would happily stay there as well. Iberostar has spent lots of money in upgrades at both of these Hotels and it shows. I checked out the IB Bavaro Suites and it looked kind of run down and in need of a renovation and paled in comparison to IB Punta Cana and Dominicana. The other cool thing is that if You want excitement You can go to The Dominicana which always has something going on and if You want quiet You have The Punta Cana. I was worried about noisy Kids but the there was no problem. I think this place would be great for Anyone. There was a laid back vibe and a Dominican sense of place.We also stayed at IB Grand Bavaro and had a day pass to The Hard Rock and I will review these Hotels separately. I liked Iberostar Punta Cana the best of all and hope to return. The crazy part is how low the price is. Also the beach was great and the People staying here were very diverse and nice. The TA reviews were right-this place is Great. One other thing-I would recommend booking this Hotel on a website that offers a no penalty cancellation in case Your plans change. STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would pay extra to get an Ocean View. Only some rooms have a couch I think They are called Family...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Punta Cana for your holidays. In the name of Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and her team, we thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
We would like to express how glad we are to read that you had a great vacation due to our value for money, among many other reasons. We are motivated by your lines referring the beauty of our hotel, the wide range of gastronomy offered in our nightly themed buffet and five specialty restaurants, and the friendliness of our staff members. Those aspects are part of our commitments in Iberostar so we can ensure a memorable holiday to our beloved guests. We will congratulate Melissa for making your holidays especial.
We are willing to welcome you back again, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
With best regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The family (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed at the resort from nov.2--nov. 9 2012, and we absolutely loved it. Upon arrival, Hector at the reception made us feel so welcomed, he paid special attention to the children and when we had a special request regarding our room, he arranged everything for us. Every night the children before supper the children made a small detour just to go say hello to Hector and he remembered their names, it made them feel very special. The standard rooms are big enough for a family of four, like us. There are two identical pools, one with activities and a quieter pool for people who wish to relax. The breakfast buffet was good, had excellent croissant and nutella. The lunch buffet near the pool was good as well with pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers. They also cook on the grill every day, this is also near the activity pool. One day it was steak, another paella, another seafood......
We tried 3 restaurant: french (so-so) steak house (quite good) and the oriental ( very good).
The buffet at night has different themes (mexican, sushi, etc.) it was good. There are always the pasta bar every night at the buffet, the kids enjoy that. The mini club was appreciated by the kids, especially Eveling.. she was very nice and patient with all the kids. She actually played with them in the sand and the pool. The service was absolutely AMAZING. Everyone, right down to the gardener had a smile and a warm hola when you would meet them. Anytime we had a request, we always had a YES as an answer. I don't think they even know what "No, it is not possible" means. The rooms were very clean and I did inspect it. There is always someone passing a broom or mopping the floor in the public areas. We absolutely loved our vacation and would go back again. Keep up the good work Iberostar Punta Cana.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for posting your comment in Tripadvisor about your experience at the Iberostar Punta Cana and for choosing our hotel for your family holidays.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and her team, we are glad to hear that you and your dear family enjoyed your visit to our grounds thanks to our exquisite gastronomy and the friendliness of our staff members, especially from Evelyn (Kidsclub Star Friend), Hector at the front desk and our gardeners. Both aspects are part of our guiding principles in Iberostar to ensure memorable stays to our beloved “stars” on vacation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

me and my wife spent 2 weeks here for are honeymoon back in 2011 in august. the iberostar was fantastic on arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite and the room was fantastic massive bed for me and my wife fruit and rum in are and mini bar stocked daily after we tipped the cleaner to get it stocked daily. we had a lovely time food was fantastic and the la carte restraunts brilliant. cocktails and drinks served to us round the pool and the beach was fantastic.we booked up to wim with the dolphins and it was one of the greatest experinece ever we payed 170 dollers each for the middle pakage but it was well worth the money.the entertaiment team were great mr sexy man had me in stiches each days. how they stay so lively is beyond me as they are on the go 24 hours a day it seems like.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear guest,
We thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana to enjoy your honeymoon. On behalf of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos, we also thank you for taking part of your time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read that enjoyed an unforgettable experience in such as romantic and special occasion due to the excellent service from our friendly staff, as your visit was back in 2011. At Iberostar we want our dear guests to "enjoy being a star".
We look forward to welcoming you in the future; please contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I have been to several resorts throughout the Dominican Republic. Iberostar, Punta Cana, was by far, the best resort experience that I had. It is a very large resort. You will have to walk a great deal to get around. The rooms are very good. cleanliness is outstanding, a mini bar with soda, water and beer at your disposal. If you can afford it. I recommend that you book one of the cottages. They are located at a quaint, quiet, area of the resort. The rooms are also considerably larger there and have king size beds. The regular rooms, I was told, have two full size beds.
This resort has several magnificent pools that are meticulously maintained by the staff. The only draw back to the pool, no pool bar. Atleast that was the case when I went to the Iberostar, Punta Cana. However, the main bar is wonderful with an assortment of liquors and beers. The beach is incredible. Beautiful blue water and white sand. It is by far, the most beautiful beach I have visited in D.R. The waves are sort of rough compared to other beaches, but it is so beautiful. The two large buffets are better than average with a wide assortment of food unlike other buffets located at other resorts which were so disappointing. The restaurants are very good with the exception of the mexican one. I, and most other persons did not really care for it.
You will not be disappointed at this resort. Many activities are provided at the beach, the pools, and at the nightly shows. Water games at the pools will have you laughing and excercising at the same time. An employee that my wife and I became friendly with, "Big Moma," was such a sweetheart and very funny. You can expect all of the staff to be friendly, always giving you an 'Ola.' Their were many families with children at Iberostar and they all appeared to be having the time of their lives. In fact, I actually witnessed families crying as they left the resort to be driven to the airport. Incredible. By the way, I would recommend that you fly to the Punta Cana airport. It is much closer to the resorts in that region of the country. Also, security is outstanding. You will be very safe inside of the resorts and quite honestly, their is no reason to leave. You will be kept busy all day with water activities during the day, and dancing, show activities during the evenings.
Make sure to bring confortable shoes for you will be walking a great deal.
What can I say. I had a wonderful time at this resort. So good in fact, that I got married there. Yes, it is true. So Iberostar, Punta Cana, will always have a special place in my heart. I will be going there again for my anniversary and both my wife and I cannot wait.
I highly recommend this resort. You will not be let down and it is a very good value for your money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana Hotel for you holidays and for taking time to write some comments about your stay among us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mrs. Helena Santos and her team, we want to express you how satisfied we are to read that you had a wonderful stay thanks to the service provided by our friendly staff, to our varied gastronomy and the cleanness and beauty of our premises. Those are part of our guiding principles in Iberostar so our guests can “enjoy being a Star”. We will congratulate Big Mama for helping us to achieve our goal during your visit.
We hope to welcome you back soon. We are waiting for you to contact us in order to help you in your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

this resort is great, great food, great starz entertaiment. Very family friendly. They have awesome jacuzzi outside, but you need to make reservations to be able to use them. sitting in the jacuzzi under the palm trees was awesome!Enjoy your stay and dont listen to some negative reviews! Cheers

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of Mrs. Helena Santos, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Punta Cana for your holidays and for posting a review about your stay.
We would like to express you how glad we are to read that you have experienced an unforgettable holidays during your visit to our hotel premises due to the friendliness of our staff members and the beauty of our premises. In Iberostar we want our guests to “enjoy being a Star”.
We will be honored to welcome you back again; please write us a mail before your arrival,
With kindest regards,

Been to Iberostar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!