I researched many possible honeymoon destinations for several months prior to finally deciding on the Dominican Republic and my wife and I were certainly very pleased that we did. We honeymooned from 05/14 thru 05/19 and this resort and it is absolutely fantastic in my opinion and I've never been around people that were so polite and freiendly as the staff is at the Majestic. Below are some of my observations and recommendations:
1. If possible bring with you air deodorizer that will eliminate mildew odor. We had a lower level room and it smelled a little musty. We purchased a scent candle at the gift shop that helped a little, but I would have loved to have had a can of good old fashioned Lysol. Overall, it wasn't bad enough to register a complaint.
2. Insects were not a problem either. However, I would recommend bringing a small can of bug killer as at times we did notice these tiny little ants crawling around near the mini frige. Overall though, they were not a big enough problem to register a complaint as they eventually just disappeared.
3. The staff does not expect tips but these folks are always on the ball, very polite and try very hard make sure your needs are met. We tipped a lot mainly because the serivice was exceptional. We tipped anywhere from $2 to $5 depending on what service they provided. We asked for 2 extra bath towels once and from that point foward we always had 2 extra ones without asking after housekeeping cleaned the room. Again, the service is great and tips are apprecitated and well deserved IMO.
4. The food is your standard buffet fare. Not great, but not bad either. Breakfast is very good. Lunch is okay and dinner is okay. The Japonese restaurant is very good and I recommend it. We did not get the chance to try the seafood restaurant, but the dishes that I saw looked very good. The steaks at the steakhouse were good too.
Overall, we had a great time and will return to this resort. Our main objective was to honeymoon somwhere where we could simply relax and the Majestic certainly allowed us to do that. Hope my information helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic