“I love this resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Houston, Texas
“I love this resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I traveled October 2014 and stayed at the colonial club swim up suite. I have traveled extensively and I am very impressed with this resort. The people are very nice, everyone gave me a true feeling that they really care about all the guest. The food was very good, the resort was very clean and the view of the ocean was fabulous. I would recommend this resort to anyone because is truly is a five star resort. I love this resort so much I will book another trip this year! I want to thank Patricia Rodriguez, Francisco, Joan, Diana F, Laura, Katherine H, and Miguel for a wonderful vacation. The only suggestion i have is to add more items to the buffet, possibly some fried fish or fried shrimp and some simple sandwiches.

Room Tip: Select a swim up suite
Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,386)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This resort was by far one of the best resorts I have been too. The service and food was great. If you needed anything all you had to do was give a call to the front desk and they were right on their way to your room. The pool was amazing and it was super convenient to have a pool that surrounded the whole hotel because you would exit your room and right there was the pool. I have to say what I enjoyed the most about this resort was the staff and the funjestic team they lightened the atmosphere like no one else , Alex , santana , speedy , ana ,carlos, luciano, eliana, joselito , yinesa and victor wow I have to say that they really did love their job. Amazing people I must say with even better dance moves lol I recommend this resort to everyone only if you're ready to have an amazing time !

• Stayed October 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I spent 8 days and 7 nights at the beginning of October. We had a swim up room in the colonial club, adults only area. Out butler was Francisco, and he was amazing! My birthday was during the trip and Francisco helped my boyfriend surprise me with flowers, balloons, even a cake!

The beach is phenomenal and the hotel does a great job of removing any seaweed that washes ashore.

There good was great, with a big selection. Try the Mexican restaurant and opt for the buffet, it has great dominican cuisine. The Asian restaurant had great hibachi(must make reservations) and the al a cart was good too. The steak house was also good, but beware the lobster here is grilled and mine was overdone. The one restaurant that was a disappointment was the French one. It wasn't bad but I could have done without going.

The swim up room was such an awesome upgrade. We would spend the morning until we ate lunch at the beach and the afternoon in the pool. Even at night we would find our selves on our private patio.

I highly suggest this resort. We are already thinking of going back next year! Francisco was the bomb and I would suggest asking for him as your butler!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I took our honeymoon in Punta Cana and stayed here. Resort was great with plenty of food choices, different bars, casino, shops, and shows. No complaints about the food. You definitely will not go hungry. Also has a small gym and yoga classes. Very nice beach area with a bar on the beach. Crystal clear water; however, keep in mind that if you want good snorkeling/scuba diving you will have to take an excursion. All of the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful. Our butler DeLeon was extremely friendly and very helpful. You can book excursions from several different vendors located onsite. About 25 minute taxi ride from the airport.

Room Tip: If you don't have kids you should definitely book the adults only section. Includes extra amenit...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Traveled September 2014 and stayed at the Majestic Colonial Club with Swim up Suite. One thing i noticed right off the top was the service. Everyone was super considerate and polite. Check in was a breeze at the Colonial Club Lounge (with snacks and champagne provided while we waited - bonus 1). Free upgrade upon request,(bonus 2). Nice touch with the ribbon bracelets. Our butler ANDREW came immediately to take us on a tour of the property. Incredible guy, genuine and friendly. He made our stay (bonus 3). Booked our reservations for every restaurant, booked 3 rounds of golf for the hubby, booked a special birthday dinner (with ballons and beautiful cake at Le Gourmet) Andrew checked in with us twice a day during our stay and accommodated our ever request with a beautiful smile. WE LOVE YOU ANDREW!!! Can't say it enough.

Our room was gorgeous, clean, spacious with lots of storage and shelf space. Asked for extra pillows and blankets and they were provided immediately (bonus 4) The Swim -up pool was ideal and we had our choice of bali beds everyday (bonus 5). Lounge chairs right at the pool with attached side tables. So convenient. It felt like our private oasis, we rarely left this area and didn't even need to visit the activity pool since the swim-up bar was so close.

Food - Drinks were amazing (bonus 5). I am not a drinker but they were soooo good i did indulge!

Food - Great! Le Gourmet for lunch far exceeded anything we could have imagined. Now, to be fair i did get sick on the room service, however, i feel that at any given time there will some piece of food at any given restaurant that may not be ideal. Bad luck, so sad too bad. I measure the quality of service based on how i was treated when ill. In room doctor, on site medical centre, check in phone calls by the concierge, the arrival of soup in our room, ANDREW checking in almost hourly. All this was exceptional and i was back up and running in less than a day.

Spa - Great massage, pedicure and straight blade shave (husband) the hydro circuit could use
some updating but still enjoyable.

Beach -Incredible! Beautiful white sand and clear ocean, with bali beds right at the surf.

Beach Party - A must, so fun to dance on the sand and great ribs! (bonus # whatever lost count)

Sports bar - nice with huge screens for sports fans

Casino - a little ghetto, but still managed to lose lots with a smile!

What i will leave you with is this. Great place, incredible service and will definitely be back! ANDREW our butler was worth his weight in gold. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Definitely Swim-up
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My best friend & I talked about taking a relaxing trip to celebrate our 40th bdays. The relaxation, sunshine, ocean and pool were all we really were looking for, I never anticipated having as much fun as we did with Victor and his animation team. We spent most of our days laughing with Victor, Mr. Carlos, Yinesa, Joselito and Speedy, along with the rest of the crew Santana, Ana, Alex, Luciano and Eliana - Their ability to get people involved and make us laugh truly was the icing on the cake for us, for this trip!! thank you so much!!! - Oh my God - I love my job!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I highly recomand this extraordinary resort.We stayed in the Colonial Club, spent 10 nights and it was the best place for our honeymoonIt's a very complex resort, has lots of activities, it's relaxing, the staff is very friendly and helpful, all of them are smiling all the time, willing to help, full of joy, the food is amazing, you have a very high variety from where to choose, alot of delicious food and cocktails. The beach is breath taking, we went on a walk by the beach and saw other resorts beaches too but trust me, this is by faaar the best one, you can check it yourself, it's clean and takin good care of it, one day there was a fallen palm tree and didn't took 2 hours for the staff to notice and take it away. The rooms are very spacious, clean and indeed a 5 stars rooms even that we had a standard suit with jacuzzi. Our buttler, Francisco made our stay more romantic, he took really good care of us, organizing romantic nights, filling the jacuzzi with foam, rose pettals, and brought champagne, so when we came from the dinner we could enjoy it. He made sure each day that we are ok and that we are having a good time. At the beach restaurant, there was a very nice waiter named Franklin, we always staied where he was serving, always smiling and willing to serve us with everything we needed, he was really proactive and brought us drinks, taking care of us. I haven't saw a more cheerful persone than Maria from the beach bar, she is awesome, singing, dancing and serving at the same time.
They have alot of activities like the Olimpic Games on the beach , Miss Bikini, Foam Party, Beach Night Party, Booty shake contest, every night amazing shows at the theatre. The entertaining team is awesome, they really know how to get you in the party mood.
Rooms were cleaned every day, towels and sheets changed, refill at mini bar.
I already recomanded the resort to all of my friends and alots of them are interested in spending a vacation there.
The sea, beaches, sun, weather, staff, food, rooms, atmosphere, environment, surroundings, pools, services. drinks, shows, games everything is more than 5 stars and we will certainly come back.
Thank you Majestic Colonial for making us have an amazing and unforgettable honeymoon :)
Best wishes from Romania

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!