Pros: Staff (except reception) was wonderful. A friendly "hola"when they see you walk by and make you feel as a friend rather then a guest. Many forms of entertainment is available so you won't get bored. The grounds live up to the name Majestic. The food was phenomenal. We had access to both Colonial and Elegance. You can't go wrong with either.
Cons: This is a reflection of mismanagement not reception staff. My Amex travel agent called to learn of available transportation such as courtesy shuttle. They have none and offered zero suggestions. We took the Express Bavaro Bus from SDQ to Punta Cana, then took the motorcycle taxi to the resort. At the gate, we learned motorcycle taxis are not allowed in. The gate keeper requested a golf cart to pick us up and bring us to reception and check-in. So far so good. Since we arrived early, our room was not ready. They were packed and many were complaining. About 30 minutes later we are told they can't give us the reserved double suite bedroom w/jacuzzi. and instead were going to "upgrade" us to a king size suite with a roll away bed but would have to change the next day. I reluctantly agreed because they said it'd be ready by 1:30 (check in is at 3). I go back & let them know I'm not interested in the "upgrade" and prefer to wait for the 2 beds to avoid changing rooms with my teenage son. I was told they don't have one at Colonial but miraculously found one at Elegance (again a so called "upgrade") when I threatened to contact Amex. I came back at 3. Room not ready. Was asked to come back in 20 minutes. Came at 3:30 & still no room. Waited around another 30-45 minutes (by this time my son who is wearing a cast fell asleep on the lobby's couch tired from our journey) and finally was brought via golf cart to Elegance. The room smelled humid but said nothing about it. Now to the departure. I asked to be dropped off at the gate via golf cart as I had made arrangements to get picked up by the same motor taxi. I was told due to federal regulation, they could not drive us...LIE. A little while later, I asked someone else in reception and told me they don't offer that service unless there is an exception. I explained I have a young teen with a cast. Would that qualify as an exception? Answer...NO. So my son and I walked to the gate in the blazing sun. Entry and exit was terribly handled.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.