“Very nice place to be and great service all along !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #30 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Quebec City, Canada
“Very nice place to be and great service all along !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was in the Club section of the hotel and this was just great !
Extra service makes the difference, nice and comfortable lounge for members with nice buffet all day and night, private section on the beach and in courtyard of the hotel with pools and beds... But the overall hotel is already very nice and just a good size to walk around and easily find your way. All around it is nice to wander and enjoy the good vibes of the people working there. The restaurant next to the sea is great too and you really have a good time there, be it for lunch or for dinner. Restaurant 3Carabelas if I remember well and special mention to Ezequier #5 and Fernando working there, very friendly and eager to see you again and again.
Also mention to Dorka and Nancy at the restaurant Japanese Matsri.
My majordome at the Club too, Francisco, friendly and dedicated to helping in every way.
And so many others that I met during my two weeks stay, like Miguel at the lounge or Jasmin at the pool. 5 atars to all of them for their good work and attention.
Speaking Spanish a bit was for me a big asset to get closer to the staff.
Will be there again !
Louis L

Room Tip: The Club section may be a bit noisy at night because it is reserved for adults only and there may be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Majestic-Col, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear louis l,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

First of all, we would like to thank you for have chosen Colonial Club as your vacation destination in the Caribbean. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience with us.

We are glad to meet your expectations with the good care of our staff, starting with Francisco, who was your butler attending each step of your stay, Ezequier, Fernando, Dorka, Miguel and Jasmin. I will make sure to past your good comments to them and I know all of them will be very happy to hear such positive things.

Will be a pleasure to have the opportunity to see you soon and make your holidays perfect and unforgettable with the service and kindness of our staff.

Warm regards, from this piece of paradise called Punta Cana!

Public Relations Manager - Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,684)
  • Polish first
Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our first sunny vacation away in our lives. I can't say enough about the staff at Majestic. We were a group from ages 4-56 and everyone felt at home. I can't thank Tony, Rauto and Eva at the Lobby bar for making us feel so welcome everyday before we went to our restaurants. Louis the coffee boy at the Supreme buffet went over and above every morning and put smiles on our faces. We are looking forward to going back next year!!! Thank you for making this trip the best in our lives. Kim Kelly

Room Tip: Try the swim up rooms on the bottom level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear KimKelly62,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Hereby, we would like to thank you for choosing Majestic Colonial as your favorite choice to have a warm holidays in Punta Cana.

We appreciate your remark about our staff, due to the service received, especially from Tony, Rauto, Louis and Eva with their special care and professionalism.

We are at your disposal, anytime you decide to escape to our country, looking for a place where you can trust your vacations.

Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I just got home and it's was quite sad to leave. We had such a great time. We went last year for our wedding so this time was a kind of a honeymoon
I don't really get people saying the food was bad. I thought it was fantastic even better this time. Now my first night having the buffer for dinner I wasn't impressed I didn't eat much. But the rest of my times eating there was fantastic. We stayed in the colonial club but we didn't ever go to that pool we usually just went to the beach so I don't think it was worth the extra. We had a butler and saw him the first day but didn't see him for the rest of the trip. One night I did speak with him and requested a jacuzzi fill up that night etc after our dinner and he was eager to say yes but it was never done so that kinda upset me.
Other wise everything was great. Food, service, rooms cleaned, everything. I would defiantly go back again.
I read reviews the Mexican dinner wasn't good but we loved it. We had steak and fajitas and I devoured it lol
Gourmet was amazing the beef was very tender, the steakhouse chateaubriand was yummy with the pepper sauce on the side, I just can't say enough good things.
The towel man at the colonial club was extremely nice. Even though I didn't get his name. The breakfast buffet servers was very friendly the omelet preparer even recognized my husband from our previous trip.
There was a man taking drink orders in the beach and he was very quick didn't even have to ask for seconds he would just get it for us no issues. I did say before I wouldn't visit the same resort twice but I may have to give it a 3rd try :)
Please don't listen to bad reviews this place is one of a kind it feels like home

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Col, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear danielle_s19,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

On behalf of the Majestic Colonial Team, I would like to thank you for keep trusting our Property as your favaorite vacation destinationin the Caribbean.

As per your feedback, we could appreciate that you had a great time while vacationing with us. We are very proud to know that we fullfilled your expectations in your first visit that you decided to come back for a second time and are already thinking for a thrid time.

Lastly, will be our pleasure if you could let us be part of the Majestic Resorts family making our place, your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Spent 10 days at the Majestic Colonial. We got married on Nov 21, 2013 and couldn{t have asked for anything more. Our wedding coordinator was Andreina and she was amazing. Very organized and a pleasure to work with. We had Chicken Legs aka Luciano as our emcee and he was amazing. Such an entertaining gentlemen. The whole Funjestic entertainment team were wonderful.
We booked the Colonial Club section and it was worth the extra couple hundred as the service was outstanding and our one bedroomk suite was immaculate. Our butler was Tiger Woods and you wouldnt find a sweeter and hard working individual. The French, Japanese, and main buffet was delicious. The steakhouse was good, but not a big fan of the beef. No complaints though. The staff work very hard and deserve the tips! Would return again and highly recommend this place for a group trip and destination wedding.
The beach is beautiful and also kept clean.

Room Tip: Colonial Club Room 3410!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MelissaLTC,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent vacation at the Majestic Colonial. It was nice to welcome you in our Property and make you spend a fun time among us.

Furthermore, we would like to especially thank you for trusting Majestic Colonial to celebrate such a special event of yours. We feel very happy to know that we exceed your expectations and for recommending our Property to other people as like you are looking to spend a good time in the Caribbean.

In case you decide to come back, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any special request.

Cordially,

Cochrane, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived later in the evening, check out was a breeze and we were upgraded to a swim up room (best room by far). This is a very family friendly resort and the staff are amazing. It was our twin girls birthday and Supervisor Juan Diaz went above and beyond to make it special for them! 5 stars for him. A few other staff that we were lucky enough to get their names that deserve shout outs are Wanda, Lina, Musolidua, Yohan and Oscar Alexander Diaz. I wish we could have gotten everyones names that served us, cause we have no complaints. Also, Maria was our wedding coordinator! PERFECT....she is attentive and took care of every fine detail! I cannot say enough.
Anyway, you won't be disappointed, good food, clean resort, nice beach, great pool!

We will be back!!

Kevin and Melissa

Room Tip: Swim up room, it is a great meeting spot and everyone has a great time :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kevin M,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

First of all, I would to thank you for your positive comments in Trip Advisor of the recent experience you had while vacationing in Majestic Colonial.

We thank you also for choosing our Property as the place in the Caribbean where to spend an excellent vacation time.

I can assure you that i will make sure to pass your comments to the staff, who made your vacations even better.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

First and foremost the service was phenomenal! Every employee there went beyond good service to make me feel welcome. I don’t understand how some people fly out to a vacation and play a role as hotel investigator LITERALLY SERCHING for an excuse to write a bad review. Searching for every crack, stain and flaw anywhere. For example one person complained about bugs (which I barely saw) but what I say to that is “YOUR ON A DARN TROPICAL ISLAND!” I heard someone complain that she didn’t get a Diet Pepsi when she ordered one, she got a regular Pepsi. What I say to that is “IT’S ALL INCLUSIVE, ASK FOR A DARN OTHER ONE!” Which btw our refrigerator got refilled everyday with beer, regular and diet Pepsi, 7-up and water. My families have stayed in MANY hotels and resorts from NY, Rome, and Vegas etc... I have an idea how to rate this particular resort and I saw no flaw. The one and only thing that bothered my girlfriend was that there was no Wi-Fi everywhere, (to each their own) but that didn’t bother me at all. I was constantly wet and on VACATION! Plus my Iphone seemed to work everywhere so I was sort of lucky I guess. One thing you have to keep into consideration is that DR is a third world country. It’s NOT the U.S. Cultures are different and lifestyle. Poverty is vast. I’m not naive to act like a brat. The workers were always friendly and attentive. They TRULY work hard EVERYDAY. The resort was always being cleaned since 5am. It’s always clean and gorgeous. And I don’t know if it’s because I’m American and I am used to tipping but I seemed to be the only one tipping at times. Saddens me but please consider tipping and you won’t regret it I promise. I had a blast. I was there for 5 days. I live in Washington, DC. The other thing that I would like to point out is the food. I did not get sick AT ALL. But I knew that I was flying outside the U.S. and I took it easy on the food my first day. But afterwards I ate well. I did see some people JUST arriving and filling up on food immediately, that might not adjust well in your stomach. Another is that I saw people stacking up on junk food like, pizza, p’zone’s and etc… literally eating stuff like that every day. And I must say that it’s incomparable to papa johns or pizza hut. I love pizza, but HERE. I treated myself to well seasoned grilled Sirloin’s. Eat well, you’re on vacation, treat yourself good and you won’t regret it. But I did eat burgers at 1am, you know why. HAVE FUN and I can’t wait to return!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to CLUB. I didn't hear a peep from outside at anytime!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Majestic-Col, Public Relations Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear paulo c,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

On behalf of the Majestic Colonial team, I would like to thank you for have chosen our Property as your vacation destination in the Caribbean. In the meantime, I would like to express our gratitude for considering us as a great place to stay in.

We really appreciate your very detailed description about the Majestic Colonial, letting other travellers know about the services and facilities that we offer.

We´ll be very happy if you could give us the opportunity host you for another wonderful vacation time.

Cordially,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a birthday trip for me. The resort was really nice and the staff was excellent. There was an assortment of options for excursions to choose from. The only complaint I had is that the food wasn't all that great. Otherwise, I'd definitely stay at this resort again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear MissShelby99,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience while vacationing at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana!

We feel very proud to say that our staff fulflilled your expectations, as we can read from your feedback.

Please note that we appreciate your comments positive and constructive about our Property and hope to have the chance of hosting you on your next visit to Punta Cana.

Warm regards,

Public Relations Manager - Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!