“Has its up and downs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #17 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Has its up and downs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Majestic Punta Cana from August 11-17 and had an overall great trip! The highlight of the trip was having a swim up room. The resort is split up into three sections: Majestic Elegance, Majestic Colonial, and the Colonial Club. While walking around our resort, my boyfriend and I wondered to Majestic Elegance without even realizing. Although they are connected, if you are staying at the Majestic Colonial, you are not able to use any of the Elegance restaurants or bars. The Colonial Club is the adults only section that has two private pools, each with a swim up bar, a private lounge with wireless internet, and a butler. We had Joan as our butler and he was amazing. He was always available whenever we needed him and went above and beyond our expectations. If going to the Majestic Colonial as a couple, i would highly recommend getting a room in the Colonial Club. I would also highly recommend requesting Joan as your butler. Also, the first floor rooms are set up as a "swim up room." We did not have to pay an extra fee for the room, we just requested it but apparently you can guarentee a swim up room if you pay an extra $50 a night. Even if we did have to pay, it would have definitely been worth it.

Only downfall we had was the food. The buffets were nothing great but fair. They do however have a variety of restaurants on the resort. There is a Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, and French restaurant available for dinner. The French and Japanese require reservations, which you have to book the morning of before 10:00am in order to get a decent time reservation. We went to the Japanese hibatchi restaurant and the food was decent, however that night, my boyfriend was up all night with food poisoning. We also heard from other couples that they too felt sick after eating at some of the restaurants.

Overall, the trip was great. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean. I enjoyed our vacation and would go back.

Room Tip: Definitely choose to stay in the Colonial club if you are traveling without kids. Also request a &qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

12,235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,256)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

One week in Majestic Colonial Club section was the perfect vacation, beautiful Pool with very nice Bartenders (special thanks to YASEL) . Great food, great services, hotel personnel was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Majestic-Col, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mrs. Elsa R,

Thank you very much for your comment, thank you for sharing with others and thank you for choosing Majestic Colonial.

We will give your especial Thanks to Yasel. It will be a pleasure for us to have you back.

Regards,

Ariella Aquino M.
Guest Service Manager - Majestic Colonial Punta Cana.
Ramsey, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice resort, with very friendly staff. One waiter, in the am, really did a good job as "coffee boy"....his name is Erbim Villo.
Other staff who organized activities were also very enthusiastic. The resort is big enough, so that despite there being a large number of people, it never felt crowded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ten of us had a wonderful stay at the Majestic Colonial Resort. Our group was made up of 6 adults and 4 children, 2 of them teens. We loved the beach and the pool. The rooms were nice but we experienced some air conditioner problems. The food was just so so but the servers and other staff were great. We were very pleased with the Tennis Pro, Yojalis is marvelous. Our children were thrilled to take 3 lessons with him. They would have taken more if we found him earlier in the trip. It was well worth the walk over to the court. He was a very good instructor and patient with the kids.

Room Tip: Great hotel for the pool and beach the weather was awesome
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I will say the grounds were beautiful and well kept. The room was nice
also.....The biggest thumbs up goes to the magestic fun team - everyday there
was a LOT of fun at the swim up bar area. The resort is pretty and pools
nice.....

But generally speaking I have been to a LOT of all inclusive resorts - some of
the things that went on here just were a little hard for me to take in - The
food was so so - I am not very picky usually and not hard to please ( I realize
I am no longer in the US and that things will be different and I am okay with
that ) - I was most disappointed in the breakfast buffett....I have just had a
whole lot better but WHAT really got to me was you had to ask five and six times
for a drink of water or whatever it was that you wanted because you couldn't
manage to get it - It got to the point where I would bring bottled water from
the room with me to breakfast so I could have something to eat with my breakfast
and NOT AFTER my breakfast was over which is when they finally managed to bring
it - As far as liquor BEWARE if you enjoy a good drink - you will see NOTHING
top shelf here or even remotelly close! All they have is island liquor which is
not the best and in the lobby hidden if you know enough to ask you can get
absolute or jack daniels - if you dont drink either of those forget it - We
traveled with a group of 10 and of the 10 of us 8 of us were so sick after the
third day it wasn't funny - some of us contained to the room for a day at a time
- I try to give the benefit of the doubt but I find it suspicious that 8 of us
were sick - as well as plenty of others upon talking to them in the resort - I
am not thinking it was just a coincidence as much as something within the resort
but I can't say for sure what. Made for a bit of a disappointing trip when
someone from the group was always missing due to stomach viral type issues.

I have been to other resorts in the DR Punta Cana and they were just much better
- I am not just unhappy because we got sick - Other places - you say Hola so
many times a day you get tired of it - here - no one says hello as you walk down
the hall and there is no going the extra mile - I left a water bottle on my
chaise chair outside my room on day one - the day I checked out it was still
there - really? I just think there is a lack of anyone going out of their way
to make anything feel like WOW what a great resort - cant wait to go back.

Again - I am giving the animation team thumbs up - lots and lot of fun - I
wouldn't say our vacation was a bust - far from it - we had a lot of fun at the
pool each day - the shows at night were okay and we had our friends. I just was
disappointed overall in the food/lack of decent liquor (plenty of other places
have other things to chose from other than just island liquor and I was willing
to drink their coconut rum - which every single day I was told down at the pool
bar it would be here later?? what? and when it did come later - it was like
they sent one bottle for the whole day for that area and when it was gone it was
gone! ) I came prepared with 50 $1 bills for tipping at the pool area and came
home with almost all of them - there are about 2 or 3 waitresses going around
with trays to serve drinks - I asked for a drink one day gave her a tip upon
return and when she came back around asked for another drink - which I am still
waiting for.........

I am saying this was an OK resort - just not up my alley I guess as far as
food/liquor and overall service...........I wouldn't go back here - I would try
some other place if I return to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: We had a swim out room - mid way to the pool bar/entertainment area - it was a great location overal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I visit this resort. I absolutely love it!!! The people are very nice and everything is gorgeous. It is a must go! I plan in visiting it next summer as well! The good is amazing! The club is so much fun and the animation team is amazing as well! Loved all of them! You always have a good time doing anything!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Mrs. Stephanieeeex8,

On behalf of Majestic team thank you very much for writing, so glad you had such a nice time in our property.

We will be waiting next summer to host you again; I assure you that we will make your vacation even better.

Best Regards,

Ariella Aquino M.
Guest Service Manager - Majestic Colonial Punta Cana.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

To give some background last year we stayed at Bravaro Beach and loved everything about it.

We went to this resort for a wedding.

When we got to the resort we were all upgraded to the couples only side because of the storm that left people stranded that needed the rooms. This was an awesome suprise and we are so thankful about that. The pool is amazing and the club is has great AC, would we upgrade if we had to pay for it, I guess.

Now I am no expert but when you have outdoor buffets ( the one near the beach) the cheese shouldn't be out long enough to sweat.
After our trip of about 30 there was only a handful that did not get sick from the food that was left out too. long.

ALSO THEY NEED AIR FRESHNERS IN ALL ROOMS

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!