My boyfriend and I stayed at the Majestic Punta Cana from August 11-17 and had an overall great trip! The highlight of the trip was having a swim up room. The resort is split up into three sections: Majestic Elegance, Majestic Colonial, and the Colonial Club. While walking around our resort, my boyfriend and I wondered to Majestic Elegance without even realizing. Although they are connected, if you are staying at the Majestic Colonial, you are not able to use any of the Elegance restaurants or bars. The Colonial Club is the adults only section that has two private pools, each with a swim up bar, a private lounge with wireless internet, and a butler. We had Joan as our butler and he was amazing. He was always available whenever we needed him and went above and beyond our expectations. If going to the Majestic Colonial as a couple, i would highly recommend getting a room in the Colonial Club. I would also highly recommend requesting Joan as your butler. Also, the first floor rooms are set up as a "swim up room." We did not have to pay an extra fee for the room, we just requested it but apparently you can guarentee a swim up room if you pay an extra $50 a night. Even if we did have to pay, it would have definitely been worth it.
Only downfall we had was the food. The buffets were nothing great but fair. They do however have a variety of restaurants on the resort. There is a Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, and French restaurant available for dinner. The French and Japanese require reservations, which you have to book the morning of before 10:00am in order to get a decent time reservation. We went to the Japanese hibatchi restaurant and the food was decent, however that night, my boyfriend was up all night with food poisoning. We also heard from other couples that they too felt sick after eating at some of the restaurants.
Overall, the trip was great. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean. I enjoyed our vacation and would go back.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.