“punta cana vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #26 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Miami, Florida
“punta cana vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went to majestic colonial.. for me it was a wonderful vacation... The food was great.. the beach was very clean and pretty. Rooms were beautiful. I had a wonderful time over there..... I love the charisma of the people who work there.... I had to mention Mr. Ramon from the restaurant las calaberas ... he was so nice to us.... always trying to do his best. I also want to mention the entertainment staff ... I can say that the hotel would be different without those people...They work very long hours and they always talk to you with the smile...all the ladies were so nice especially Lina and the guy tutifrutty in my opinion is one of the best. He was wonderful to me and my family. We really have a great time in the hotel and we are planning to come back next year.... I definitely recommend the place to all the people who want to have a great vacation!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,574)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic Colonial from 7/17/13-7/21/13 for our 10 year wedding anniversary. This resort is grounds and pools are amazing. The staff is unlike any other and they pay close attention to details and the majority of the time you dont have to ask for anything because they know what it is that you need. We stayed in the Colonial Club area (18 yr and older) and I recommend to all that are not bringing children. We stayed in the Colonial club Jr. suite with ocean view rm 3348 was perfect with the ocean view, stocked liquor daily, jacuzzi inside the room as well as the terrace. Upon arrival we had a banner on the outside of the door that read Happy anniversary with fresh fruit and towels folded up like birds and fresh flowers. The club has its own private pools (2) with bali beds and swim up bar as well as private section of the beach with a bar. The majestic will keep you entertained from day activites such as foam parties, bikini contest and into the night with their nightly entertainment and club Disco. If you are looking into just relaxing the beach or poolside will do just that with the Bali beds or covered seating. I would like to extend a special thanks to our Butler Fernum who was awesome and made our 10 yr anniversary special by having a special dessert sent to our room that had happy anniversary written in chocolate sent to our room, as well as rose petals from the door to our outdoor Jacuzzi on our private terrace with a bottle of champagne and the jacuzzi filled with rose petals. Leonardo from VIP services was also wonderful in helping us set up our transprotation and excursions. We will be back again next year!!! I cant wait...

Room Tip: choose the colonial club if not traveling with children. We had room 3348 and we had no neighbors on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bay, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Everything about this resort is about relaxation, comfort, service, wonderful staff, etc. What is especially appealing to my wife & myself is the beach, the sea & the soft breezes coming from the ocean. Add to this the superb food & the shear variety & quality offered. Next January will be our third time at this resort & we have booked a room in the Club section. We are anxious to go & experience this new section of the Majestic complex. Can hardly wait to be there.,
Pierre & Colette

Room Tip: Ask to be in the Club Section
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was seriously the most beautiful, relaxing vacation I have ever been on. From the moment you walk into the hotel, you are taken care of. My sister and I were in the 21+ section of the hotel. Our butler (yes, you get a butler) came to greet us and brought us to the Colonial Club where we got champagne. He gave us a tour of the property and showed us our room.

The room was unbelievably nice. The shower was so great - it had one of those huge shower heads and there was a jacuzzi bathtub in the room! There was also a pillow menu (10 different types of pillows you can order) and a room service menu (included in the price of the hotel).

For the 21+ colonial club members there were 2 pools both with swim up bars. We never had a problem getting a lounge chair and there were even covered cabanas that you could rest in the shade if you like. The beach was just a minute away from the pool and is seriously so beautiful.

What really made this trip were the people working at the hotel. Everyone was seriously so nice and friendly and made sure that you had everything you needed. You didn't need to think or lift a finger the entire time you were there.

One of my only complaints is that there wasn't so much for me to eat because I'm a vegetarian. But it was ok.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the money for the colonial club
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Middletown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our first trip to the DR. We were pleased with our airport experience and transfer which was through Apple Vacations. We arrived on 6/29 in the evening and were greeted by the staff and shown to the club reception area. It was nice to be greeted in an air conditioned private room We, however, weren't given the " complimentary drinks or food" upon arrival as stated in the brochures for Club members. We were greeted by our butler, Joan, whom I must say was wonderful and very accommodating. He showed us the resort and brought us to our garden room in the club section. It was beautiful! We noticed we only had 3 bottles of complimentary liquor instead of 4. He asked what I would like for the 4th bottle and brought it the next day. We also noticed we had no free gift in the room and he brought us the Majestic Colonial beach bag and in addition to that he gave us 2 hats as an apology gift. We asked where we could get something to eat that evening since it was 7pm we arrived at the resort due to flight delays. He told us that unfortunately it was too late to eat at the Le Gourmet or Matsuri. He told us to go to the Lobby in the morning and they would make reservations for us for those restaurants. We decided that evening to eat at Taino ( Dominican/Mexican) Restaurant. We waited to be greeted at the door but no one appeared so we seated ourselves. A waiter took our order but never asked what we'd like to drink. I actually had to get our drinks from a lady near the door serving margaritas. Our meals arrived and mine was a beef burrito that was chewy and the edges were hard. My husband's nachos were stale. We went up to eat at the Dominican section which was buffet style. We found some of that to be edible. I have to say we were disappointed in the food. After dinner we went to the Funtastic show and it was entertaining and had comfortable seating. The next day we went to the beach and were so happy to find plenty of available seats and huts and a large beachfront. The beach bar attendants were on top of their game. They remembered what you ordered and were sure to check on you often. We got some lunch at the Rodeo Steak House and it was okay but they were closing at 3 so the food that remained was slim pickings. Afterwards we went to the pool and again had no problem finding lounge chairs and even found an available Bali bed. The wet bar bartender Jose' was fantastic and serves Jose's special which was delicious!! We went to Le Gourmet for dinner and were surprised to see that there are only 4 dinner entrée choices . They are the same 4 entrees served nightly. We were happy to get a good meal there but upset that there was no variation in the menu. The next night dinner at Matsuri was good but unfortunately our chef was new and my rice was undercooked. I bit down on hard rice and thought I cracked my tooth. Also everyone gets the same dinner...no variation... Habachi chicken,steak, shrimp, grilled veggies and fried rice! The next night we tried the lobster from Tres Carabelas and it was mushy and stuck in the shell!! It was gross! Thankfully we had late reservations at Le Gourmet and ate a repeat of our first nights dinner. The fillet was good , better than the other 3 choices grouper, red snapper or rack of lamb. The last night we ate at the Buffet and found the food to be blah. We thought it was us being critical but then we talked to others who felt the same way. The food was far from good!! Also many people were experiencing stomach issues, some sick in their rooms for a full day of their stay. Thankfully My husband and I felt fine until the last day. We both started to get stomach pains and that lasted for 3 days after we were back home. OH and before I forget...we arrived home at 9 pm and the next day I was chewing gum and part of my tooth that I thought I cracked had broken off and fell into my mouth. So I came home with not only stomach pains, but a broken molar! This would be a 5 star resort IF they fixed the food issues!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel great service, good food which I was actually was a little weary on but pleasantly surprised on how good because of previous comments. The best restaraunt was the Dominican / Mexican . The service was outstanding everyone that worked there was so nice! The butler Francis Ortiz was the best went out of his way to make this stay exceptional. All the wait staff at the restaurants went out of there way especially Milsolidia, Ezequier Arturo Torres,Idalia , Luis Herrera I can't say enough about these employees they went out of there way to make sure we where taken are of.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first trip to the Caribbean so the expectation is really high from everyone, and truly, the place and the whole experience was beyond fantastic! First, the people who were able to make our accommodation really amazing! angela and jennifer of the restaurant Sea and See, it is a must to satisfy your palate for anything seafood! These amazing girls are tireless in bringing great service with a smile! Joan, our guide who was always ready to make our every request possible, amazing guy! Leo, Fausto and sancho as well deserves credit for making our stay memorable, and our dining experience exquisite and filling!
The place is paradise in itself. the amenities are clean,affordable and world class. Everywhere you go are filled with venues to explore,sights to behold and activities to do!
We would recommend this to anyone who wants to have both affordability with world class tourism experience to take advantage of the deals that this resort can offer as it would be something you will truly remember with a smile!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!