“Majestic Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #17 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
PEMBROKE PINES
“Majestic Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was our first visit to an all-inclusive in Punta Cana. Punta Cana is beautiful; it is a tropical paradise with warm crystal clear turquoise blue waters, excursions galore, and warm hospitable people who will go out of their way to make you smile. All in all, our stay at Majestic was lovely. The SERVICE was extraordinary. From Luis "El Café" Herrera, our green-eyed coffee boy with a heart of gold, to Luis Socorro, the Chef Extraordinaire who prepared specialty meals for us-the service was EXCELLENT! Oh and how can we forget Delfin, who custom makes omelets every morning with a smile. He's a GEM! The resort is well kept and the grounds are immaculate. The suites are over-sized and well appointed.

Personally, I would have preferred the availability of domestic liquors and premium beverages. Although they did offer some domestic spirits such as Dewar’s, and Pinch-the staples were not available, not even for a premium. We upgraded to the adults-only Colony Club. I highly recommend it as the main pool area can get rowdy not so much with little ones, but with not so little ones, who've had way too much to drink, and resort to Frat Party behaviors which lose their appeal when you're traveling with a significant other.

The food was fair and adequate. They are always willing to prepare something extra special for you, as long as you're quick to follow with a $$. They work very hard, so tipping is not only highly recommended but very well deserved. In a country where the average worker earns $250 a month, a $5 tip goes a long way. Internet/Wi-Fi was available in certain areas but the signal is marginal at best! By far the greatest asset of this resort is the hard-working people. I highly recommend the Majestic for young families, honeymooners, and girl’s weekend getaways. They have a wonderful animation crew. Hi Tutti Frutti :-) He's the little energizer bunny behind the operation! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The 1 floor swim up suites are wonderful. Building #3 is closest to the beach-we loved it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

12,028 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,195)
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited Majestic for an extended Memorial Day/Birthday vacation and we were treated great from the moment we arrived. The staff was very friendly and entertaining and the restaurants were great. There were so many choices we didn't even get to eat at all of the restaurants during our 4 day stay. The service at the beach and the free water activities were great. I would definitely recommend the upgraded all adults side to enjoy the free wifi and butler service. The bars and pools were also numerous.

Room Tip: The all adults side has newer room amenities and butler service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just returned from a trip to the Majestic during the week of July 4th. We booked on the adults only side and arrived a day late due to flight cancellation. Check in took over 2 hours. When we finally got our room number we were assigned a butler, Jose. Now we were told from previous guests that we would have turn down service with chocolates placed on our bed nightly. This did not occur although we did have daily room service. We did not receive any towel art either which is always nice to see and is a special extra touch. I noticed that other guest received a bag to carry towels etc which is something we also did not receive. When we asked our butler for service he did try to do his best to accommodate. The resort itself was beautiful. They really do a fabulous job keeping the grounds clean and groomed. Everyone was very nice and tried to be helpful. The food was good althoug I did not like the scrambled eggs because they were too runny. I learned to ask for fried to get what I wanted. My husband got sick the last 2 days we were there but we both ate the same things so I am not sure what caused it but be sure to take Imodium for your trip. Otherwise, this was a very nice resort and our trip was very relaxing. We would return but I would like to see more of the butler and some extra touches for the nightly turn down. I was spoiled in Mexico with the chocolate. I would recommend this resort as the people are friendly and the island is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just got back yesterday (7/6/2013) and travelled with a group of 20 from Miami for 7 days. Here's the truth and many extra details I didn't find on other reviews when I checked trip advisor.

Arrival: Small airport. We had a chartered plane for our group on Sky King which included transportation so it was a smooth ride with great information from our tour guide, Yudelkys through Turinter (the bus line). Ride from Punta Cana airport to hotel was about 20-30 minutes.

Hotel: Beautiful hotel, every aspect of it. They have a strict check in of 3 pm so plan to arrive around that time or a little before to avoid waiting around for so long. They are very accomodating in the event that you want to change into your bathing suits and enjoy the hotel while you wait.

Rooms: We had a junior suite with jacuzzi, which I believe most rooms have. Super spacious and comfortable. I have 2 kids so I ordered a king size bed for my husband and I and they will provide twin size beds for your room for free as well (platform box spring with mattress on top so it's a regular sized twin bed). I ordered 2 twins for each of my kids and there was still plenty of space in the room and everyone slept perfectly. We were in building 1 but if u want to face the pool you should request building 2. The higher the number, the closer you will be to the beach. For instance, 2201 is closer to the lobby while 2250 is closer to the beach (building 2, level 2, and the last 2 numbers are the room number, etc. Buildings 3 and 4 are for the colonial club and cost $50 more per night and includes some extras, etc.

Internet access: I didn't use my iPhone all week, which felt weird but I really disconnected and was fine with it. However, if you require access, I think it cost some family members something like $4.00 USD for 1 hour of access. I believe they provide you with a hot spot or something and you are able to access it without roaming and getting charged for their internet provider, which I think is called Claro and is super expensive. I just turned it off for the week. If you are in building 3 & 4 paying extra, they have an internet cafe or something like that or free internet. Just ask. We had 6 members staying there.

Food: You must make reservations for the Japanese and French restaurants at 8 am for the following day at the guest relations desk. Joll, at the Japanese restaurant is a fantastic manager and very accomodating. We had Raul and Pedro as our Habachi chefs. Super funny guys. Other restaurants are just walk in. Pack a few pants for the men for these 2 restaurants but I still saw guys in nice shorts as well so they're not that strict. There was a lot of variety to choose from for all meals, even for my little picky eaters. We had no complaints about the food.

Service: Everyone we came across was so incredibly nice anywhere we went. Pedrito Rosa entertained us with his "El Cafe" and "Coffee Boy" announcements throughout the dining room in the mornings. Then he would serve us at night too at the Japanese restaurant. Dainelys greeted us everyday for breakfast and was amazing. We had breakfast every morning in the big dining room on the first floor next to the lobby, open from 7 am to 10 am. Delfin makes the best custom made omelettes to your liking and what an incredible personality. Just super nice.

Entertainment: The best part of the hotel is the animation team. These guys and girls do not sleep. They are up at 8 am and work through the night at the theatre and disco sometimes too. We will miss Chicken Legs, Tutti Frutti, Swagger, Gigi, Speedy Gonzalez and Lina. At night they had a Michael Jackson show, the dating game was hilarious, I didn't get to the see the circus night and the karaoke night was good too. I enjoyed 12 pm water aerobics by the pool bar and zumba at 5 pm with tutti frutti everyday. We also participated in beach volleyball and olympics on the beach, which was also hilarious. My kids and entire family looked forward to participating in anything the animation team was doing. We also had a blast at the foam party in the pool. Yes, they shot foam into the crowd inside the pool from the bridge by the pool bar and everyone danced and had a great time.

Beach: My kids loved feeding the fish in the beach (yellow tail and needle fish). They would take some bread after we had lunch at the restaurant by the beach and spend hours feeding them. The waves were a little rough sometimes but nothing crazy. Water is beautiful and sand is white and soft. There are plenty of chairs under tikis and all over so no worries there and we were a big group and never had a problem getting chairs together. You exchange your old towels with new ones every day at the little tiki by the volleyball court on the beach. You can also rent (for free) masks with snorkles and boogie boards from the same tiki.

Drinks: The Majestic is good and so is the Miami Vice. The Zombie can be compared to the long island iced tea so be careful with that one. LOL If you find the drinks too weak, just ask for a floater and they will be happy to pour more booze over the top.

Sickness: We had 3 family members get sick with vomiting or diarrhea or both. DO NOT use the water from the sink for brushing your teeth or put it in your mouth during your shower. The water they serve you at the restaurants from the jug is perfectly fine or just ask for bottled water, plenty of that too. They have a doctor on staff at the hotel 24/7 and pharmacy too (just behind the theatre). My husband got vomiting and diarrhea and needed an IV at 3 am but was back in the room after about 1.5 hours with all his medications and was good to go. Thank you to Dr. Guzman for her amazing service and attentiveness to all 3 of our family members. It was $231 USD but they give you all the paperwork to file with your insurance upon return and you can charge it on your credit card. Your room frig is packed with beer, soda and water. If you run out of water, just ask for more. Rinse your mouth and toothbrushes with bottled water only. Also, if you're not used to eating so much food all the time, don't go crazy because it's all inclusive, that would also bring on diarrhea. The ice in the drinks is purfied as well as the water in the jugs they serve at the restaurants. Me and my kids were totally fine. Just one of those things.

Pool: The pool is endless, literally. It starts from the lobby and reaches all the way to the beach with a bunch of bridges in between and 2 bars. One bar is outside the pool by the lobby and the pool bar in the pool is the one closest to the beach where all the action is.

Excursions: We did the dune buggie excursions and rode on the new big ones. The tour pick you up at 11 am and goes til 3 pm. They provide snacks and drinks. First stop shows you how they make coffee, chocolate, cinammon, mama juana, etc. Then you go to a fresh water cave for a dip and then to a gorgeous beach for about 20 minutes and then head back. Wear clothes you don't care too much for cause you'll be getting muddy.

I hope you found this review informative. Have fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Majestic Colonial from June 20-July 1, 2013. We were celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary and they treated us excellent. We stayed in the "Adults Only" section in a "swim up" suite. The room was large, with a jacuzzi tub inside and one outside on the patio. Very comfortable beds, double sinks, spacious shower. Maid service was twice a day (morning and evening). We were never short of towels and our fridge was always restocked daily.
A big shout out to our "private butler" Fermin for taking care of any problems that we had (which were few). He was always there soon after we called him. Also a great job by Charly in the snack bar. This guy is really knowledgeable about the area and treats you like a real guest.
Only complaint about the resort would be that the wi-fi does not work well in the "adults only" section. the manager told me that they were changing suppliers and it would be fixed soon.
The food was very good at the rodeo (by the beach). Good steaks and also great lobster at the same restaurant. the french restaurant was excellent for dinner. the Japanese restaurant was a benihana wanna be and was a little bit weak. The buffet next door at the Majestic Excellence is much better than the one at the colonial.
All in all a fantastic place to spend a relaxing vacation and I would highly recommend this place to anyone considering on going to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Good a room in the Adults Only section if you can. You will have your own swim up bar and private ba...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Syosset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just came back from spending a week in at the Majestic Colonial for a family vacation and had a wonderful time. The grounds are well kept, clean and beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly and went above and beyond to please us. My favorite restaurant was Le Gourmet for breakfast and lunch, my kids loved the Matsuri restaurant and Rodeo Grill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just recently got back from the Majestic Colonial for our wedding. The wedding staff were the most disorganized people we came across. They also had no intention of putting in the tiniest bit of work. We had asked if someone can measure the roof top of the presidential suite and we were told the area for the whole suite. No one could have gone up there and measured it?? Or in order to have your wedding package paid you need either 25 guest or enough rented rooms for 105 nights. We had 25 guest but only 102 rooms , we asked majestic if everything was ok for the wedding package they gave us a vague answer implying that yes it's paid. Only once we arrived there did they inform us that we needed to rent for another 3 nights. They ended up harassing us with letters under our door all week. All in all to say its was an extremely frustrating week of calling and being redirected 4 or 5 times to fix thing that should have been done in the first place.

The front staff had no interest in out problems Juan rather then pick up the phone. would tell me to come back at different times. The bar and restaurant staff were great.

My vacation all in all ended a little sour for the reasons above. I even rented the rooms and didn't bother staying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!