This was my second trip to the Majestic , my first time was in 2008 . First of all I would like to say I'm not a whiner , and I am a very tolerant person when it comes to other cultures . I have been to the Dom Rep 4 times and I know what to expect when I travel south. First the good, I found the food has improved since the last time I was at this resort. I do wish they could change up the buffet once in a while. I went to the spa and had one of the best massages i have ever had. We went back to this resort because a buddy of mine was getting married and the wedding went off without a hitch. The wedding coordinator did a great job with every thing and the reception was decorated very nicely .now for the bad, the resort is still very beautiful but the rooms are starting to show their age . Nothing a little maintenance wouldn't take care of. The fridge in my room did t work so I checked the plug And the outlet was hanging by its wires. Our patio door was so stiff my wife couldn't open it, I'm 6'2" and I found it difficult to open and close. We were at the pool one day by the swim up bar and there is a small wading pool nearby , a lady was walking around in the pool when she cut her foot pretty badly , lots of blood . Turns out there was a loose tile In the pool that cut her foot, they repaired it ASAP . One day I was at the beach and the animation team was having a dart game on the beach so I participated , one guy missed the board and the dart went into the sand . I told the guy running the game that there was a dart missing in the sand but he didn't seem to care . We never did find that dart, I'm sure some poor sole will find it the hard way! We also noticed the service was a little lacking at the bars , not sure I this was due to the Easter holiday. Travel agents have always said not to Go south during Easter due to staffing issues. One thing that really Pissed me off was Internet service . Wifi is only available at the lobby for a fee of $3 an hour for your own device and $5 to use their computer . The Majestic charges a premium price to vacation at their resort and to Nickel and dime people for Internet is sad. The funny thing I noticed was that a lot of people who spent the extra money for the colonial club were at the average joe pool because that was were all the action was . Same with the beach , lots of colonial club towels at average joes beach. Would I go back to the Majestic ? If I could find a sale price yes , but I find it rare to find good deals for this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic