“Truly Majestic Colonial!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #34 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Stratford, CT
“Truly Majestic Colonial!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were so pleased with the Majestic Colonial Resort. The resort, the rooms, the beach and the pool were superb! The restaurants were very nice also. My husband cooks gourmet all of the time and he thought the food was very good. The variety of food and drink available was great too! Besides being in a wonderful setting we had such a good time with the Funjestic Team. Wilkins Salis manages his staff with true efficiency. Wilkins moves about and interjects energy in all activites and is a fun MC. He is funny and intelligent, a real people person. Our family all misses him and thanks him for the fun time he hosted for us!! I enjoyed Zumba, and Dance on the Beach and learning the Merenge too! Sofie loved Luis, the clown. But he is much more than a clown, he is ambitious and really bright and hardworking. Mr Nemo was kind enough to dance with me, Grandma and it was delightful. As I said everyone on the Funjestic Team was super to us, to our teenagers, our preteens, and to all of the adults. We spent most of our time in and at the pool. The families took Banana Boat rides and snorkeling trips. The teens hung around with the Funjestic team and cried when they had to leave. We loved the little deliveries of goodies to our room and staff addressed all of our concerns. We would have liked to have been able to go to our room the first night but had to go to the Elegance. However the generous service coupon for $200 was well spent in the Spa! We would love to come back, we loved the staff and their concern for us. We truly made friends. Hopefully the Resort will reward the Funjestic team for their efforts. And hope the Resort will congratulate all of the staff for their hard work!

Room Tip: Book with Cheap Carribean and ask for pool view and ocean view too!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Wilkin Salis, Nemo and Luis.
The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.We thank you and hope to be your home in Punta Cana for next visit.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,454)
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 32nd Anniversary March 1 - 8 at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana. We purchased the all-inclusive package and were treated like royalty from our arrival at the airport until our departure at the airport.

We were greeted at the hotel by our own personal Butler, Mr. David Perez (Pavel). After sharing with him the purpose of our visit, he made sure our anniversary was a memorable one. He was always available to us and took care of our needs. He even went as far as to set up our room (a suprise) while we were out to dinner the night of our anniversary. He spread rose petals and candlelits along the foyer which lead to the jacuzzi that he had run full of bubble bath with rose petals floating and champagne chilling. Then the trail lead to the bed with the number 32 laid out in rose petals and a cake with "Happy 32nd Anniversary" on the table. Needless to say, when we go back, we will personally ask for Pavel. (I would advise you to do so) He is the greatest!!!!!!

The hotel is extemely beautiful. There was plenty to do to keep us busy, but we really enjoyed just sitting around the different areas taking in all the nice breeze (82 - 85 degrees). The package included room service, a pillow menu and all the food and drinks you could hold.

We saw many beautiful weddings on the beach as well as the gazebo inside the grounds. This is the perfect place to spend a vacation or have a wedding or celebrate an anniversary. The cabanas were really nice too.

We also did the safari excursion which we throughly enjoyed. We road the long bumpy dirt roads into the mountain where we learned how the Dominicans live off the land. Very interesting and educational. On our next visit, we plan to do the zip line. That looked like so much fun.

If you're looking for a great place to vacation, let your search stop here. I promise, you will be truly satisfied....we were.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor Colonial Club side. Great view. Enjoyed the jacuzzi.
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We just came back from a wonderfull week at the Majestic. The size of this resort is perfect in my opinion, not to big and not to small. We were a group of thirty that came down for a wedding. Beach area is really good with what is seemed like more chairs and palapas than the resort has people so you could always find chairs on the beach with shade or sun. No need to reserve at 5am. Service on the beach was also great. For most of the week we had Daniel as our server and he was awsome!!

The food was also good, at most lunches we stayed at the restaurant by the beach and it had lots of choices. For breakfast we always went to the main buffet by the lobby and were greeted by Luis Alberto each mornings with coffee. He was also great and gave us the reason to sit in his section every morning. He also worked at night at the Steak and Seafood restaurant where we requested his services also.

The only issue we had was with service at the pool bar on one day where we were waiting a long time for drinks, sometimes 15min, while the bartender was serving everybody else. I was regreting the tips that we had given that day.

The rooms were all clean and in good shape. No one in our group had a bad experience with rooms. One thing also was the absence of time share people which was nice also. The Coco bar was a good spot at night also, good music and people.

Overall I would go back to this resort next time without a question.

Derry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went with a group of family and had a wonderful time! The pool was amazing! The animation team (people who make life fun!) made fun for all ages! I have an 8yr old, a 15 yr old, and then my husband and I and they accommodated all of us and our interests! The weather was beautiful! The service was good! These people really work for their tips. Having said that, if you want that little extra attention, a little tip goes a LONG way. Our room was clean, the food was good, the people friendly. Will be going back in the future for sure!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Well it only took 3 years but I finally made it back to Punta Cana (different resort this time). Traveled with 5 others at the end of Feb through West Jet (exceptional service considering we returned during a huge snow storm). Upon arriving, we were quickly and painlessly pushed through all the airport mumbo jumbo and on the shuttle bus. 30 minutes later we had arrived at the resort.

The resort grounds were beautiful. Although a bigger resort than I had previously stayed at, it was still very simple finding your way around (though a little intimidating at first). Unlike the last resort, this one had its own "Mini Market" which was very fun to walk around and check out. It consists of a strip of shops along the side the resort. The great thing about this concept was that, despite allowing vendors on the resort grounds, they were kept in this part/corner of the resort so you weren't constantly approached when trying to get back to your room or to a restaurant.

The room itself was great (junior swim-up). The room was clean, and cleaned/stocked everyday. There was no smell of mold, no issues with the toilet or shower or hot water. We found the bed a little to firm and lumpy, thus uncomfortable. We never tried room service as this wasn't free for us because we weren't club members I guess. Not like we were going to use it anyways. Mini fridge is stocked with water, soft drinks, and beer, and is refilled daily. You are given a complimentary bottle of champagne, rum, and scotch as well. We also had a jetted tub in the room, as well as one out on the patio area (each swim-up room has one I believe). We never tried it so I can't comment on that. The only bad thing I have to say about the room was the sink drain wasn't working properly so they took out the stop which wasn't fitting properly. On the last day we noticed bugs were starting to crawl around the sinks. Regardless, we feel it was an isolated case and it never gave us any trouble as it was the last day. Also just a warning, if you're room is on the ground floor and closer to the lobby/buffet area, it will be noisy later on in the evening as a lot of the entertainment is just outside the lobby area, not too mention a lot of people will be passing by your room on their way back in the early morning hours.

The food was very good. We tried out all the restaurants and didn't dislike any (though our faves were the Japanese and French). Just to point out, you do need a reservation at the Japanese restaurant to sit in on a show where everything is cooked in front of you while performing tricks, however you are still welcome to go and dine at the normal seating area in that restaurant without one as well. I don't think many people knew this. The buffets (breakfast/lunch/dinner) were also good, though by the end it could start becoming tiresome if you're a picky eater. Once a month they have a beach dinner which was awesome! We stayed away from things we weren't sure of and ate things we knew, and managed not to get sick during our stay (Though two of the people I traveled with did have slight tummy problems).

The pool area seemed very nice and clean, and the pool itself is huge! We did not spend much time by the pool but I did notice some fun activities going on like a pool foam party (sad I missed it), and things like bingo and group fitness exercise etc. The beach was amazing compared to the last place I stayed at. Very clean, next to no seaweed washed up on shore. We did take turns getting up early to reserve chairs, however I'm not sure it was necessary as it wasn't overly busy when we went. You could walk forever in both directions along the beach it seemed, further than I cared to try anyways! The water was refreshing, however there were pretty big waves coming in so if you're travelling with younger children this is something to watch out for.

The staff was very friendly, always encouraging people to participate in the events going on that day such as beach volleyball, water polo, step aerobics, and numerous other things. A shout out too Coffee Boy Erbin Villa who would always greet us with a smile and always got our day starting off right! Also a big thanks to Dorca, Denny, and all the lovely ladies who worked in the lobby during the evenings (both upstairs and down).

There was plenty of nightly entertainment, from shows such as Michael Jackson, to the Oscars Night, to sitting back and listening to the band or dancing in the disco, there's always lots to do to keep you entertained and involved. We however spent a lot of our time unwinding in the lobby after dinner.

All in all the trip was exactly what we were looking for, relaxing in the sun without having to do much of anything at all, unless of course you wanted to. The staff was very friendly and hands down helped make the resort that much better. Look forward to seeing everyone again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Dorca, Denny and Erbin Villa.

Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Me my had a wonderful time at the Majestic Colonial Club. We were met by our butler Mr. David Perez. He did a outstanding job in taking care of me and my wife every need. The room was nice and clean the beach was nice and sunny and plenty to drink while on the beach. Restaurants were nice and clean and food excellent, with a variety of choices. I love how well all the weddings we saw on the beach was organize, very good job. Mr. Perez did a find job staying in touch with us from March 3, 2013 to Mach 8, 2013. All the cooks and waitress were very nice. I will be back for another syay at this hotel. The entertainment was very nice. Keep up the good work and I will see you guys next time.

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for David Perez.

Nottingham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice vacation for extended family. One had the ability to just relax or attend fun activities. Bar service could get slow at times, but overall staff was receptive to your requests and nice. Prime service staff members speak english. Others, such as cleaning staff, know some english. We were encouraged to try to learn functional vocabulary.

Primary key staff members such as Dorka, Carela, Lonny, Milsodia (all food service), Louis the clown and Trinidad were very good. Others like Willkin (activities) and Bala(Dive Master) were super in there craft. All in all, we had a wonderful time with family in the sun.

Thanks for a great vacation, guys!
Tom

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Dorka ,Carela, Lonny, Milsodia, Luis,T rinidad,Wilkin and Bala.

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!