“Awesome Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #16 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had the pleasure of enjoying a week at this fantastic resort. We stayed for a week you have the opportunity to relax or get involved in some of the great activities. The rooms are spacious and quiet with all the amenities you would expect. The staff was courteous and pleasant at all times, "Franklin In The House" (Franklin Luisa Francisco) made our stay special he was always friendly and had a genuine compassion to ensure our stay went smoothly. Franklin even had a "Special" surprise for us on Valentine’s Day it was perfect! The only glitch was a water leak in our room that once brought to the staffs attention was quickly fixed. I would recommend this resort to both couples and family's as there is lots for each to do and room for quiet and privacy. Thank You for a great vacation.

Room Tip: We statyed in the Colonial Club it was great for couples Quiet and had all the amenities including W...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Franklin.

11,933 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,151)
Aylmer, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Best resort in Punta Cana...staff is great, so is service....food...pools and just an amazing resort...will go again for sure,seafood every day,we met alot of good people from everywere and like i said the staff was amazing.Daniel,Vickyanna, Maria at the piano bar were awesome...and very friendly.so was Ballas from the Mariana excursions...as for the a la carte restaurants the Japonese was entertaining and good but salty...the french Gourmet was not good at all..filet mignon that they served for the St-Valentin's dinner tasted like liver..as for the mexican the reviews that we had read prior to going weren't very good but we decided to try it anyways and we really enjoyed it. the buffet, the steakhouse and seafood grill were amazing. I will definetly recommend the Majestic Colonial to all my friends and family. Three Thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: for $10 more american....we got beachfront and oceanview.
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Daniel ,Vickyanna , Maria and Bala.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I never do reviews. I only feel like I have to do this one because I was just that impressed. I never had any desire to go to the Dominican. I had heard so many nightmare stories that it just turned me off. However, my husband and I wanted to get away on a last minute vacation away from the kids and only wanted to hang out at a nice beach. I had heard the beaches in the Dominican were nice so I decided to book not expecting too much. I did some reviews on resorts before we left and decided on the magestic colonial. There were some iffy reviews but I usually take those with a grain of salt. Our vacation had a crappy start. We got screwed at the airport when we paid for a cab to the resort and then once we got there the cabbie wanted $40 saying that the guy we gave the money to had nothing to do with him. De Leon at the resort got right on the problem trying to fix it. After we said we would just pay the driver and get our vacation started De Leon said no way and ended up fixing it all for us. He then got us drinks as he checked us in. We then discovered another problem. The resort didn't have us booked in in the colonial club room we reserved and they were all booked for that night. They were awesome and put us in a regular suite, have us a $200 hotel credit that we used for spa treatments. The regular room was wonderful. The next day De Leon was right there to move our bags into our colonial club suite. He was amazing and helped make a crappy situation into a positive one. Can't say enough good about him. This resort was beautiful, from the rooms, to the beach, to the service . The buffets were standard, but a buffet is a buffet. Don't think you can find a perfectly hot buffet at any resort. The food definitely wasn't bad though. The Japanese restaurant is a must though. Best food we had there. Every night there was a person outside the lobby bar serving a drink of the night. They were always excellent. We had some spa treatments there that were excellent and very professional. We upgraded to the colonial club cause we were on a trip with without our kids and I loved it. The club room always had food and drinks for us. The pool bars served excellent drinks and the bartenders were very entertaining. We never had troubles ever finding a Bali bed or recliner by the pool or on the beach. The beach was clean and the water was amazing. I honestly can't say enough positive about this place. We've been to Australia, Hawaii, and Mexico and I can honestly say this place was my favorite. We will definitely be back. Probably bring the kids next time!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

Volga, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was the first time to the Dominican Republic. We found the Majestic Colonial was a excellent choice for the price. The food was very good at all the restaurants. We found the buffet at the Colonial was the best we seen in the Caribbean so far, Juan Dihz and his staff was excellent.
The whole staff at the Colonial was very friendly and helpful. Our butler Juan Carlos was the best, he was very helpful and was ready to do anything we asked to make sure our stay very pleasant. We did enjoy the Club Lounge that is provided for Colonial Club members.
We spent most of our time on the beach it did not seem crowed and was simply beautiful.
The entertainment was fine and they always had something going on.
Our room was 4401 on the Colonial Club side. The room was very nice and we did not have any problems at all with the room.
I would recommend this resort for anyone who is looking at the Punta Cana area.

Room Tip: The room we had could be a little noise if you do not go to the night entertainment, since we did ev...
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Juan Carlos.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our first all inclusive vacation and its still pretty hard to beat.
From the food to the service it was all good.
The only complain i have is that pool closed at 6 or 7pm for the night....
Rooms are great

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just Came back from majestic colonial my wife and i stayed in the colonial club the resort is wonderful we loved everything about it we want to give a special thank You to our butler RICHARD he is the best also to Daniel at lobby bar,FELIPE at club lounge,CHARLY RODRIGUEZ at club lounge and CARLOS LUIS at Tres carabelas. Thank You for everything. We have been to both Sides and we like the colonial better than the Elegance thank You for everything we Will be back soon

• Stayed February 2013
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Richard, Felipe, Charly Rodriguez and Carlos Luis.
The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home

maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

we stayed from Feb 14-21st. we relaxed more then ever. ( but more then enough to do if you want to be kept busy) My 2 kids ( 14,15) did not want to leave. They absolutely loved the team of great folks mentioned above. I think they actually miss them now that we are home. It was so wonderful to have them there and Jake and Mya will not soon forget them and the friendships made. Overall all staff were wonderful. We too loved the coffee boys. The food was " ok"
Hotel very clean pool awsome , beach amazing and overall just a great experience. We just got home and my kids want to go back. Thanks Tuti fruity and Lookey lookey and the others for showing my kids the time of their lifes. ( and we travel a lot!) They are trying to convience me to return for April vacation ;)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Tuti Fruity and Lookey Lookey.

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!