“1st stay in Punta Cana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #32 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Prescott, Canada
“1st stay in Punta Cana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was with a group of 12 ranging from 3 to 65. We were in building 1 level 2 room 26 and 27, my girls loved having their own room for the first time on vacation and I was quite pleased myself. My wife's and my room was very well suited to our wants, king size bed, lovely shower and Jacuzzi tub. Very quiet on our side. We were in the middle of the building so there was always walking time to get anywhere. The pool was always clean with lots of loungers. Any time we at the pool we were near the lobby end and 2 bars. The beach is fantastic, nice white sand, lots of chairs and shade stands, not really sure what to call them. The ocean water was warmer than the pool, the waves were very fun to play in. All the staff go out of their way to make your stay fun and memorable, games by the pool, dancing lessons (tachy tachy with Tutti Fruitti). The food was great, I tried all different foods, some was to my taste others weren't. People have to remember they are in another country and food is different. The food was definitely better if it was cooked fresh at the either buffet. The only downside I had was the whiskey was not brand name, and could not get used to the taste so I switched to the beer, Presidente, it was very good, my bubba was always full except when it was empty that was easy to fix, a trip to the closest bar for a refill. My wife had Peña coladas, some orange drink with rum and lemonade with gin, all week. We had a great time, and are considering a trip back in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet,a distance to any thing on the resort, food, pool, beach.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a truly pleasure know you had such a great time with us and decide to share your experience in Majestic Colonial with others tripadvisor members. We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal; your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments about our ground and our staff. I will be sure to pass it on to all our staff that will be more than happy to hear such positive feedback

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,747)
  • Polish first
Split, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Really, really great place. Amazing !!! My wife and I stayed at this resort, at the Colonial Club, for seven days and it was unforgettable. This part of hotel is renewed and the rooms are really big and very nice. We had a room with the garden view, and it was really great and quite. Rooms at the pool side can be noisy because of the pool bar. Food is very good. You can always find something to eat at the beach restaurant or buffet. Or you can always go to the lounge zone and have some snacks. Japanese restaurant was really fun and the food was very good. OK, I must admit that fish isn't so great, but this is a fish from the ocean ( not from Adriatic sea, which I'm used to ). About the food poisoning...We ate everything, we ate a lot, we mixed everything...and everything was OK. So, I don't think the food is guilty for the poisoning. Probably, the problem is in alcohol. Cocktails are very sweet, and if you drink too much, and mix different alcohols, you will have stomach problems.We didn't have WiFi at the room, but that wasn't a problem. The lounge is great place ( little bit too cold ) !! So...the hotel is great, beach is fabulous, food is very good, but the best part of this resort are people ! The staff is GREAT !!! From the cleaning ladies, to the waiters, animation team, bell boy, beach bar, pool bar...people are so helpful and always in a good mood. Our butler Francisco was really helpful and very nice. Thanks ! Also thanks to all other staff members, you made are holiday unforgettable. Hope to come back very soon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment, we really appreciated it.
We feel very glad that you have such a great time among us in Majestic Colonial.

We thank you for to share your suggestions, they are very helpful. Be sure, we have taken note of all your comments.

If you are planning to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact us. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back!

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was our fourth trip to Punta Cana, each time staying at a different resort. Majestic Colonial was by far the best yet! You should definitely upgrade to the Club section,( ADULTS ONLY), as it is well worth it. You get a personal concierge who can make your restaurant reservations, draw an aromatherary bath for you in your room jacuazzi,etc. The lobbty of the club section has a mini buffet with food and drinks available 24/7. Would definitely stay again. The entertainment was ok, nothing spectacular, some nights just interactive audience shows or music for dancing but by 10 at night you're pretty much ready for bed. The animation recreational team were fantastic, many of their antics were very entertaining, including a bikini contest, a kayak race at the pool and a beer drinking contest. The food was terrific, the buffet was over the top and the restaurants had the best service. The French restaurant serves breakfast and lunch also, so you don't always have to serve yourself at a buffet, waiting on line for your omelet to cook. All of the service employees in the restaurants and around the hotel were unbelievable and very accomodating. The beach buffet for lunch is very convenient during the day for lunch, with hot food grilled for you, a pasta station and salads galore. At night this converts to a steak house on one side and a fish restaurant on the other side. Our only complaint was that the wooden chairs at this beach restaurant are very sticky, the arms of the chair needed to washed down more frequently. Also, during the day, the wooden chairs are a little uncomfortable since they only place cushions on them at night when it converts to dinner service. Overall, it was one of my best vacations ever. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a beautiful place! We stayed in the Colonial club "adults only" side of the resort. 2nd floor over looking the pool. We spent a lot of time at the 1st pool bar. Jose Augusto and Ana Carina were fabulous, making it so much fun to hang out with them. The resort was booked, but you would never know it. It's such a large resort that you never feel crowded. We never felt we needed to get up by 8 to reserve our chairs by the pool. If you're a social person the pool is the place, if you're looking for something a little less upbeat or a place to ease your hangover try the beach. Either way, you won't be disappointed. We also purchased a floating chair from the gift shop. I think it was around $30 and they blew it up for us. Great to use when it's too hot to lay out. We passed ours on to the group that came in before we left. We purchased large thermal mugs from wal mart before we came, they will fill those up with what ever you want. Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt, some people are not happy unless they are complaining. We all know things can't be perfect all the time. If you want a five star meal, don't do an all inclusive. I am a very picky eater and never went hungry. Both the buffet and beach buffet will make made to order omlettes for breakfast. Burgers and fries, pasta bar, salad bar etc...food is available 24-7. If you're in the club portion, there are a few items available 24 hours through room service. If there is every anything you need, all you need to do is ask, they will accommodate the best they can. I've been to many all inclusive resorts, and this is the first time I've reviewed one. The majestic colonial exceeded my expectations. Well done!! Thanks for a great time!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Jackson Heights, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wow, what a great experience shared here at Majestic Colonial. I went for my cousin's wedding with a group of over 100 people and it was an unforgetable 6 days. The food was good, the beach was beautiful, the pools were clean, the drinks were good, and the ladies were hot! Had alot of fun in the club as well. The staff at this hotel did an execellent job catering to everyone's needs. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone. Also went on a 4 wheel bike excursion all around the town where we got to go to another beach, a cave, out in the farm, and a whole bunch of other places. Would definetely recommend an excursion like that to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.
The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

HOLA!! I have stayed in many hotels and I haven't had such a great time as I did this week in Punta Cana (I went Feb 6-13)to attend a beautiful wedding at the Majestic Colonial. It was a beautiful resort and beach for a wedding. I had no idea how wonderful it was until we arrived to this hotel. I stayed in a room solo and was treated by the resort employees like a princess. I felt safe, i felt comfortable and I felt like i was with family. The Animation team was not only entertaining but they made me feel good about myself and I loved the attention to detail in their shows and throughout the day to make us all laugh and have fun. They were so attentive to guests, fun and so energetic and always smiling. I never felt alone once on this trip. I am truly going to miss Tuti Fruti, Nemo, Blondie, Chicken Legs and Luisa. The food was amazing, the resort was spotless and gorgeous, the staff was top notch. I went off the resort a few times and had great experiences and felt very safe being alone and walking around. I love Punta Cana. The servers were incredible. They knew our drink orders and always had our refills ready. They always had smiles on their faces and tried to engage in conversation. I cannot talk enough about my positive experience. I am plan on booking another trip "solo" again as I felt so good at this resort. The shows at 10pm were great and had great talent. The porters, maids and front desk staff were great as well. HIGHLIGHTS - beach, pool that never ends, staff, cleanliness, disco, shows and THE ANIMATION TEAM!!! Love them! The restaurants were great - not that great at Japanse restaurant - loved the Gourmet, Tane, Rodeo Grill - thanks to Francisco! The buffets were incredible and you can't say there is anything else you needed - they had everything. I just want to say "gracias a todo que trabahar a la Majestic Colonial"

Room Tip: I stayed in 1306 buidling 1 - i loved it. it was close to lobby and main building and stores, theat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Tuti Fruti, Nemo, Blondie, Chicken Legs,Tane , Luisa and Francisco.
The main goal we have in Majestic is make our guest feel like at home.

Canastota, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

1st time at an all-inclusive. 4 couples traveled together. Thought rooms would be together but were not. All rooms were booked at same time and well in advance. Food was OK-Japanese restaurant was awesome as well as our cook--lots of fun. Mix-up with reservations at French restaurant and were treated rudely by staff until they found it it was their fault and they could not do enough to make up for it. At seafood/steak restaurant had to sit on steak or seafood side. Would not serve us from both menus even though they were in same area. Most days room was not cleaned until late afternoon.Room was very spacious. Beach was beautiful and chairs were plentiful. Pools were very clean. Staff very friendly-Franklin the bartender, Layo? the Japanese cook, greeters at buffet, and our butler David. Should have checked out daily activities as my husband and I sat on beach and at pool for most of the time and got bored. Over all had a good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment, we really appreciated it.

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!