“Colonial Club 2/2 thru 2/9 Girls week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Majestic Colonial Punta Cana

You added Majestic Colonial Punta Cana to your Saves list
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Arena Gorda Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Randolph, New Jersey
“Colonial Club 2/2 thru 2/9 Girls week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Colonial Club is great, although I would not recommend room 4104 - right at the beginning of the Club entrance and very noisy. The clickety-clack of service carts is also VERY annoying. I would recommend that the resort replace the wheels with rubber ones. Pool, beach and food are great. We also got to see about 12 weddings while we were sitting on the beach! Good thing we wore our "dress" bathing suits!
Felt rushed at the Japanese restaurant, but food was good. The Super Bowl party was amazing! The BEST part of this resort is the Colonial Club lounge and all the resort staff. The lounge is a great respite - free wifi, food and drinks all day. The Colonial Club manager, Elena Alvarez is a gem, and was a highlight of our trip. Our butler, Francisco was terrific - very attentive and helped with restaurant reservations and smoothing the way elsewhere. Great guy - and congrats on your coming granddaughter! Also of note, Maria, the beach waitress, Pinal at the Club pool, and Juan Diaz, a manager at the buffet. Also kudos to our coffee boy, Luis.

I would highly recommend this resort - and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are noisier - anything over 20 (ie 3120) is better. Also consider not being on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMColonial, General Manager at Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Francisco ,Juan Diaz, Maria ,Luis and Elena Alvarez.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,454)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

First of all we were 18 of us and when we arrived we were treated like royalty. My daughter and the family we went with was there the year before. Everything was beautiful, clean rooms , delicious food, great drinks, clean pools, clean beaches. Everyone was accomidating to us and we were unforgetful. The funtastic team remembered my daughter and her friends family from the year before and made sure that the rest of us were comfortable with joining in evey game and activity at the pool and beach. The only downfall that we had was the excursions on the beach...Do yourself a favor do not go with the outsiders. Go with the hotel people. You are insured in case you get hurt etc....Its a little more money but worth it. I would like to give a shout out to the Funtastic Team xoxoxoxox and the wonderful workers at the bars and restaurants..You truly care!!!!!

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are just great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fremont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My 8 year old and 11 year old daughter and myself and my brother were there the last week of January. Hands down nicest beach I have been to. The waves were pretty big, so that was fun for my girls to play in. Use more sunscreen than you would think necessary. It rained a tiny bit each day, but just for a few minutes and the sun came out blazing shortly after. I need to mention some staff that really made it worth it. Edar Curiel at the pool bar, Victor Manuel Reyes, Yenessa Diaz at the Piano Bar, and the girls favorite Marcos Matinez. They all stood out over the rest of the staff. We had problems with some staff giving us incorrect directions to a certain area or restaurant due to the language barrier, but we just chalked it up to an experience. The food ----- The saving grace is the Japanese restaurant. Other than that, we really couldn't find anything we enjoyed, and when I read reviews of others complaining about the food, I thought they were snobs and just picky, but I hate to say it is true. Try the Mamajauna's! It is a shot they have there - rum, red wine and honey --- My brother and I had PLENTY of those.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms have the outdoor jacuzzi
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended especially for Edar Curiel , Victor Manuel Reyes ,Yenessa Diaz and Marcos Martinez.

Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel was we clean and beautifully maintained. We had Club rooms and we had excellent service all around. Every staff person said hello, every time you walked by. It truly felt like home.

I am a picky eater and tend to stick with things I know, not big on buffets in general. The best meal we had was at the French resturant- we enjoyed it so much we went back a second time. YUM.

The one and ONLY thing that was disappointing was the lack of respect other guests had in putting their belongings on the pool side beds and not returning until late afternoon. Upon getting up at 8am each day, every bed was reserved with a towel or a hat. We sat at the pool most days and these people didn't returned until late afternoon.

After day 3 I did complain to the concerige and he informed me that this was not allowed and pool staff should remove these belongings as guests must be at the pool in order to have a bed. He said he would speak to the staff to ensure that it did not happen again.

The next day the entire row of beds were once again 'reserved' and there wasn't a soul in sight. I then inquired with the pool staff one of whom told me the guests were in the pool, I replied 'where' as there was no one in sight. At that moment another pool staff said the guests made reservations as 6am and if I wanted a bed I should place my towel on the bed at 6am and come back later.

As I said, I was on vacation and I wasn't about to be picky about little things, I could live with little disappointments as no vacation is 100% perfect. I would certainly return but I would insist that this situation be rectified as it was the only thing that truly bothered me as lying in those fabulous cabana best reading a book was the one thing that I looked forward to most.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write this comment, we really appreciated it.
We feel very glad that you have such a great time among us in Majestic Colonial.

We thank you for to share your suggestions, they are very helpful. Be sure, we have taken note of all your comments.
We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal; your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.

If you are planning to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact us. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back!

Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Thank You Milciales and everyone at the pool bar along with the animation team!!! Trip was very enjoyable, Resort was beautiful. The people there made the difference as well! Was very accomodating, very friendly, beautiful atmosphere and people always smiling! Never a dull moment. I would return to Majestic colonial in a second! This was my first time to the Domincan Republic and it couldn't have been any better. Great Place! Thanks Milciales and team!!!! Many Thanks. Hope to see you again next year!

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Majestic Colonial. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that our staff could fulfill your expectations and you felt well attended.

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This resort was excellent. The only minor issue we had was that when we arrived there were only 2 people at check in but given that we didn't arrive until after mindnight they were probably on skeleton staff. We were a fairly large group so it took a bit of time to check in but what the heck, there was not much to do at that time anyway. The grounds were beautiful, well kept and exceptionally clean. The rooms were well appointed and the maid service was excellent. The food at all the restaurants was over the top. So much variety. The Japanese restaurant and the Steak & Seafood grill were our favourite. The buffet breakfast was also a special treat everyday and the coffee is to die for. Our vacation was made much more memorable by the activites and entertainment brought to us by the "Funjestic Team" comprised of Ely & Blondy (our favourites), Luisa, Nemo, Tuity Fruity, Lookey and Chicken Legs. Ely and Blondy warmed up to us quite nicely and went out of their way to say hi to us whenever they saw us and spent some time talking to us everyday so we got to know them quite well. Fantastic experiences and a fantastic location.

Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to the Majestic Colonial a couple years ago and we are going again on the 6th of April. We had an amazing time the first time and by reading the reviews we will have a great time again. We had a pool side room and requested a pool side again this time. Hopefully we will have the same room.Thanks for the nice reviews it helped in confirming our choice of returning to the Majestic colonial.

Room Tip: Pool side room with hottub are the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Cordially

Been to Majestic Colonial Punta Cana? Share your experiences!