We had friends who had gone multiple times to the sister resort Majestic Elegance (next door) so since this was our first time in Punta Cana we tried to follow their recommendation but could only find room at the Colonial. We believe we were really lucky as the Club section of Colonial is newer and smaller than the one at Elegance so it feels more friendly. We had a Club Junior suite with Club member privileges, which include a special Club lounge with wifi internet and computers, access to the adults only club pools and bars, special roped off area on the beach etc. The rooms have minibar service and in room service is free to club members. We had a bottle of champagne, rum, vodka, whiskey and Irish cream in the room plus beer and pop that gets refilled everyday as you consume or if you want more you could always take whatever you needed from the club lounge. Room service would go by everyday and knock on the door, if you were in the room they would drop off plates of sushi or fruit and bottles of wine.
The resort is a good size , everything is a short walk to each other, no room is too far from anything and you don't need a shuttle service like in some other resorts. We had room 3330 right in the middle so we had a 1 minute stroll to the beach , or a 1 minute stroll to the restaurants, we had a view of the Club pools and a sliver of the ocean from in between palm trees also a view of the main pool with the zumba and dancing classes which we enjoyed watching while drinking champagne or Rose on our balcony. We preferred the main buffet for breakfast and dinner as they had the most choice and would have a different theme each night. For late breakfast or lunch the restaurant on the beach was our favorite, as we could sit and enjoy the view of the ocean as we ate.
We spent most of our day on the beach, great sand, nice breeze, constant service if you wish. Never felt over crowded like the other resorts we walked in front of along the beach. You always found a palapa if you needed shade, some other resorts had no shade options on their beach sections. so keep that in mind if comparing.
Did a dune buggy excursion and scuba dive to the coral reefs 10 minute boat ride out into the ocean. Both were very enjoyable.
The staff were great, always happy and easy going.
I fear this resort has set the bar quite high for future trips and if returning to Punta Cana we would definitely opt for Majestic Colonial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Panoramic view Majestic Colonial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Majestic Colonial Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Hotel Majestic
- Majestic Colonial Dominican Republic
- Majestic Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Majestic Colonial
- Majestic Resort Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Hotel Punta Cana
- Colonial Majestic Punta Cana
- Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Dominican Republic